13 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 04 September 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#2 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

It depends, I sort of agree with you. But with a game like God of War it has a lot of over the top violence, but I think it's just part of the style. It may be weird to say violence is part of the art of a game, but with that game I like the way it is portrayed. So basically as long as you're not raping anyone in game I'm fine with it.

#3 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

Well, violence never really bothered me much. Maybe I havn't played the most violent of violent video games though. If there is a "Saw" of the video gaming industry, then I would find that tasteless and pointless.

But violence is fine when placed in context. Mortal Kombat, for example, is supposed to be sort of cartoony or slapstick violence. It kind of makes you laugh when you x-ray break someone's rib cage and then rip their spine out, you know? Everything I've seen in COD and BF have been fine, seeing as their an arcade shooter and war simulation, respectively. And the Assassin's Creed series sort of "realistically" shows how a bad-a** assassin would kill people, which is central to the gameplay. And AC doesn't over do blood by any means.

Mad World for Wii was really violent and really bloody, but it similar to Mortal Kombat in that it was supposed to be over the top and comedic. It's not like it had Uncharted graphics and you were sitting there sawing apart realistic looking human beings.

I'm drawing a blank for more examples....

#4 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Well, violence never really bothered me much. Maybe I havn't played the most violent of violent video games though. If there is a "Saw" of the video gaming industry, then I would find that tasteless and pointless.

But violence is fine when placed in context. Mortal Kombat, for example, is supposed to be sort of cartoony or slapstick violence. It kind of makes you laugh when you x-ray break someone's rib cage and then rip their spine out, you know? Everything I've seen in COD and BF have been fine, seeing as their an arcade shooter and war simulation, respectively. And the Assassin's Creed series sort of "realistically" shows how a bad-a** assassin would kill people, which is central to the gameplay. And AC doesn't over do blood by any means.

Mad World for Wii was really violent and really bloody, but it similar to Mortal Kombat in that it was supposed to be over the top and comedic. It's not like it had Uncharted graphics and you were sitting there sawing apart realistic looking human beings.

I'm drawing a blank for more examples....

You hit the nail on the head.

Games that look realistic and have over the top gore and violence are ninja Gaiden and Metal Gear Rising seems to be over the top too.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

There like junk food. It's good to have sometimes but not all the time.

#6 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Violent Video games are like violent films, if the violence is needed for impact it's great. But I'm not a huge fan of violence for violence sake. Still playing a violent video game for an hour calms me down after a bad day

#7 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I love playing Blood.

One of the 'sickest' games of all time and that's why it was so damn charming and beautiful. The way enemies die, burn and bleed is indeed sweet. All that including the plot, the setting and the atmosphere makes the game so unique.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

I personally love balance... violence, intensive, drama, comedy, romance, sex, hardcore sex (lol), multiple choices, multiple endings, big worlds, open worlds, NO missions but selective quests (missions) combined with the open worlds..

I believe the feature games must combine all that. Even the FPS, TPS, I dont like dry games.. but juicy instead.

Today machines and technology can give the options to developers to pay a bit more attention to detail. few years ago, we have games up to 4 gigs, then we jump into 8 gigs and now games jump to 25 gigs of content... I think wii U is 25 single layer and 50 double layer? or just 25?

Edited by Orion, 19 June 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

I don't mind it. Even though I don't like the more exaggerated stuff I don't really care that it exists either. I just wish parents weren't total n00bs about M ratings.
Posted Image

#10 Detchibe

Detchibe

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have a problem with how games that involve over-the-top amounts of gore and violence are passed off as 'mature'. For example, smashing somebody's face against a wall followed with exaggerated amounts of blood just for the sake of it isn't good games design, in my opinion, and passes off as more childish than mature.

I think some video games need blood, some of them don't. Personally, some cinematic scenes in video games need blood to make them much stronger and effective at resonating with the player as this can also heighten its emotional impact.

Edited by Detchibe, 20 June 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#11 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I don't mind it all I love it depending like you said if its part of the the game. I can go from a Super Mario game and a Kirby to a GTA, Fallout, and MGS but that's just me

If you Guys want to see gore and blood though try using the Bloody Mess perk in Fallout 3 it pretty extreme
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#12 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

it depends... some games just offers mindless violence, which, you know, mindless... like god of war... i like god of war, because it offers a dark side story of greek mythology and i like story based on mythology.. i played gow 1 through 3, 70% because of story, 30% because of gameplay... and gow 3 concluded the story nicely, though there is a possibility of a sequel.. but until then, no spin off or prequel would make me buy another gow... like the recently announced gow ascension..

some games need to introduce some violence to give some impact.. like assassins creed.. though, assassins creed is not that violence.. its just violence enough, to give an impact... i cannot imagine assassins creed without a little bit of violence in it...

so yeah.. it depends...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Violent video games are fun.
  • CUD likes this

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

Violent video games are fun.

He's got a point there.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!