RnR

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

http://wiiudaily.com...shop/#more-2617

Posted Image

"Please remember, I'll dismember any member."
The "Help RnR Get a New 360" Fund was a complete success. Thank you all for the support.
Now I am starting the "Help RnR Get Recording Equipment" Fund, anything helps!
Current Amount of Donations: $0

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Wow! This is great! :) I usally don't buy retail games on consoles though for several reasons.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

awesome!!
Posted Image

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Since they'll make around $100 profit on each console they can rest easy giving publishers/developers 80% revenue, the more developers come on board, the more cool games hopefully come on the platform, the more consoles are sold, the more profit Nintendo make

#5 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Sounds good to me, especially the thing about indie devs.

Personally, I plan on buying several games online, especially if they're a bit cheaper. Huge story driven games I'll buy in stores, but something like Mario? I'll totally download that.

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'll buy 3d shooter games that only have 3 features like Online, single player, or Multiplayer no Campaign.

My brother will get Angry Birds HD and other games like that.

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

What is this??? Nintendo is supporting 3rd party developers instead of choking them out with their own 1st party games? This is a miracle :D

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

What is this??? Nintendo is supporting 3rd party developers instead of choking them out with their own 1st party games? This is a miracle :D

It's good news eh? It's not Nintendo's fault if they make amazing games ;) . Anyway, you've got the best sig I've ever seen O.o

Back on topic: Wasn't digital download already confirmed for the Wii U?
Posted Image

#9 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Since they'll make around $100 profit on each console they can rest easy giving publishers/developers 80% revenue, the more developers come on board, the more cool games hopefully come on the platform, the more consoles are sold, the more profit Nintendo make

$100 profit per console? Jesus Christ dude you are optimistic. The Wii only made Nintendo $6 of net income per console lol.

This is great news. Nintendo is slowly growing up and actually improving in areas where their competitors fall flat. Maybe third parties will show up on the Wii U.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Since they'll make around $100 profit on each console

$100 profit per console? The Wii only made Nintendo $6 of net income per console lol.

Is it actually $100 that they'll make per console or was that just him throwing out some number off of the top of your head?

Anyway, you've got the best sig I've ever seen O.o

Lol thank you its a quote from David Cross (2nd funniest actor in the world behind Sacha Baron Cohen) on the show Arrested Development

#11 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

inb4CUD...

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#12 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

This is good news. I'm surprised that they said that they'd release all retail games digitally. I can't imagine that would make their games particularly popular with game stores.

EDIT: And oh, please give indie devs (and wannabe indie devs) a crack at the Wii U like Microsoft did with the 360 Indie Games service. Please?!

Edited by SolarLune, 19 June 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

inb4CUD...

I lol'd. I have nothing negative to say because this is good news, I'm not sure about offering free downloadable versions of retail titles but we'll see how that works out for them. This news kind of makes me wish I was getting a Wii U.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

Is it actually $100 that they'll make per console or was that just him throwing out some number off of the top of your head?

Lol thank you its a quote from David Cross (2nd funniest actor in the world behind Sacha Baron Cohen) on the show Arrested Development

Hope he pulled that number out of his ass because if not, those are some terrible mathematics.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#15 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

$100 profit per console? Jesus Christ dude you are optimistic. The Wii only made Nintendo $6 of net income per console lol.

This is great news. Nintendo is slowly growing up and actually improving in areas where their competitors fall flat. Maybe third parties will show up on the Wii U.

The wii actually made Nintendo a lot more than $6 a console it was hugely profitable and quite possibly $100 a console at the beginning and $6 sounds more like what they would make with the wii u being more advanced so I would reverse those figures quite honestly. Realistically I don't know what the true figures are but remember the wii is basically a speeded up gamecube and by the time the wii came out the hardware of the gamecube was very primitive and would have been incredibly cheap to manufacture. I seem to remember it was stated the dvd drive costs NIntendo more than the wii motherboard. This was because of the complicated mechanism of loading both gamecube and wii discs.

Figures that companies give out or analysts make about how much consoles cost are often widely exaggerated but then running companies like Nintendo or Sony have huge costs in themselves. You only have to look at the profit figures of Nintendo around when the wii was launched to see they were making staggering profits on the wii. They may well have been making an easy $100 per console.

#16 JIMBOISAJIMBO

JIMBOISAJIMBO

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

This is great news, hopefully they'll be a lot of support right out the box with the online stuff. Its good to see Nintendo do a u-turn and not charge a lot on their 3rd party support, must've learned from the app store that a little profit on everything makes up for a lot if theres loads of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!