Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Idk if anyone has already posted this and i apologize if they have but I'm quite disappointed to be hearing this :/ that the gamepad wont be able to do multitouch on the screen

One function that will not be coming to the Wii U tablet is multi-touch. Due to Nintendo's cost cutting measures, and usability issues, Reggie Fils-Aime explains the rationale behind no multi-touch in the controller in a recent interview with Kotaku.

"When we went through the building of this and, given some of the functionality, we thought that single-touch was a more appropriate option, especially when you've got other button configurations." Apparently Reggie demonstrated to Kotaku that in-order for proper multi-touch functionality to be implemented, it would require the player to put the controller down to use it in that manner.

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

This news is ancient.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Firstly its a cost issue
Secondly you would have to set it down for multi touch thus destroying the purpose of conditional controls. So single touch is the most obvious choice for a game pad that your holding in the air. This is not meant to be an ipad or other tablet

Posted Image

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Secondly you would have to set it down for multi touch thus destroying the purpose of conditional controls. So single touch is the most obvious choice for a game pad that your holding in the air. This is not meant to be an ipad or other tablet

i can see how that makes sense for retail games but they plan on having the app store and some of the more popular apple and android apps feature it that would be good sellers on the Wii U app store (e.g. Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds)

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

i can see how that makes sense for retail games but they plan on having the app store and some of the more popular apple and android apps feature it that would be good sellers on the Wii U app store (e.g. Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds)

Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja don't have multi touch controls, do they?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja don't have multi touch controls, do they?

Yeah, angry birds has a pinch to zoom (prolly not my best example :P) and fruit ninja the more fingers you use the more blades swipes you get at once

#7 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, angry birds has a pinch to zoom (prolly not my best example :P)

It's as easy as mapping it to a button

Posted Image

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

It's as easy as mapping it to a button

yeah thats why i said prolly not my best example

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

multitouch is genuinely worse, its soo inaccurate
Posted Image

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

multitouch is the biggest con Apple have ever gotten away with, and that's saying alot.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

It's really just another thing for people to say Nintendo doesn't have. Ask them to give you a reason why they want it, and they can't give any definitive answer. They just go on and on about how Nintendo is "Doomed" and how they hate consumers so much.
I own an iphone, and I can say that most games don't use it in any way that the Upad would need it. Of course, it is actually quite necessary for many games, purely because the iphone has no buttons. So, to substitute, they have a virtual button to jump and a virtual D-pad to move. The fact is, these virtual buttons are not needed on the upad. I personally see no real problem with not having multi touch, especially if it lowers the cost of the pad and ultimately the console.

Edited by andodel, 20 June 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Idk if anyone has already posted this and i apologize if they have but I'm quite disappointed to be hearing this :/ that the gamepad wont be able to do multitouch on the screen

The only things that would suffer from that are apps. I mean, it's mainly a controller so even though it was here, it wouldn't be convenient to put more than a finger on the screen. The GamePad must boost the gameplay, not slow it.
Posted Image

#13 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

MULTI TOUCH = LAG ANY SELF RESPECTING GAMER WOULD KNOW THAT

MULTI TOUCH = NO STYLUS THATS TOTALLY DUMB ON A GAMING DEVICE

MULTI TOUCH = NO MOUSE LIKE PRECSION CONTROL TO 1MM PRECISNESS

MULTI TOUCH WOULD MEAN BOTH HANDS SORYY THATS DUMB LOL @ OH I MADE THE PICTURE BIGGER BY SWOOSHING MY FINGERS APART MULTI TOUCH = GIMMICK not mouse

mouse = core

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

It's really just another thing for people to say Nintendo doesn't have. Ask them to give you a reason why they want it, and they can't give any definitive answer. They just go on and on about how Nintendo is "Doomed" and how they hate consumers so much.
I own an iphone, and I can say that most games don't use it in any way that the Upad would need it. Of course, it is actually quite necessary for many games, purely because the iphone has no buttons. So, to substitute, they have a virtual button to jump and a virtual D-pad to move. The fact is, these virtual buttons are not needed on the upad. I personally see no real problem with not having multi touch, especially if it lowers the cost of the pad and ultimately the console.

Thanks for actually making sense, unlike 99% of the internet users.
No sig.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Fruit Ninja will be fun with a stylus and Wii remote.

#16 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

MULTI TOUCH = LAG ANY SELF RESPECTING GAMER WOULD KNOW THAT

MULTI TOUCH = NO STYLUS THATS TOTALLY DUMB ON A GAMING DEVICE

MULTI TOUCH = NO MOUSE LIKE PRECSION CONTROL TO 1MM PRECISNESS

MULTI TOUCH WOULD MEAN BOTH HANDS SORYY THATS DUMB LOL @ OH I MADE THE PICTURE BIGGER BY SWOOSHING MY FINGERS APART MULTI TOUCH = GIMMICK not mouse

mouse = core

While I personally am fine with single touch, I have to admit the problems people claim a mutli touch have aren't totally true. I can safely say the mutli touch is pretty accurate. I've never really noticed a major difference between multi/single touch. Definitely never noticed more lag. As for the stylus, it is in fact possible. You'd just need a heated stylus, although that's obviously more expensive than a plastic stylus.

#17 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

one thing that annoys me about the ipad is you can't clean the screen while using it, with the Wii U you'll be able to as the second touch won't register :D

It does take away some gameplay options though like squeezing/pinching elements etc.

Edited by ianh05, 21 June 2012 - 07:18 PM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!