• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

Super Mario Galaxy launched November 2007 around the world and is still is one of the best Wii games ever made. Super Mario Galaxy 2 launched May 2010 in America and Japan, and then June for other countries. With new power-ups and the addition of Yoshi, Super Mario Galaxy 2 gave the first one a run for it's money! IGN rated Super Mario Galaxy 9.7 out of 10. IGN rated Super Mario Galaxy 2 a rare 10 out of 10!

How will Super Mario Galaxy 3 compare to 1 and 2?
How will Super Mario Galaxy 3 use the new Wii U features and the gamepad?
Will it look even better in HD?
When do you think it will come out?
Will come out at all?

Or will the first two be remade in HD? (Like this http://vgboxart.com/...-chronicles.jpg)

Edited by NinjaU, 01 July 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#2 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

10/10s arent really that rare anymore. Uncharted got it. Skyward Sword got it. Alot of other games did.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

Personally, I hope that they don't do a 3rd Super Mario Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 was a great game, had more story beyond the usual "save the princess" and had a more enjoyable hub world.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt more like an expansion pack than a stand alone game, not that great of a hub world, and was totally undeserving of a perfect 10/10.

I'd rather see a more original 3D Mario title come out for the Wii U.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'd love to see Super Mario Galaxy 3.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

Super Mario Galaxy 1 was a great game, had more story beyond the usual "save the princess" and had a more enjoyable hub world.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 felt more like an expansion pack than a stand alone game, not that great of a hub world, and was totally undeserving of a perfect 10/10.

The platforming in space was a good concept but I would also like to see them try something different. SMS and SMG had more of a story than just simply rescuing a princess, though Mario doesn't seem like it could have that deep a story especially considering its audience. SMG2 was probably more suited for DLC but being on the Wii that wasn't really possible so Nintendo released it as a full retail title and watched the money roll in.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

I really liked both, but the first was better :)

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Super Mario Galaxy 3 seems a bit unnecessary in my opinion. If they do make it, it should be for 3DS, not Wii U.

Posted Image

#8 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

Super Mario Galaxy 3 seems a bit unnecessary in my opinion. If they do make it, it should be for 3DS, not Wii U.

Maybe both, like Super Smash Bros 4.

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

I want to see what Nintendo can do other than what they have already made. I want to see something brand new and completely original, which really wouldn't be that hard for Nintendo to do, simply because they are Nintendo.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

SMG2 is the best 3D platformer perhaps.
No sig.

#11 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

I loved Galaxy 1 and 2, but I think it's time for something new. Imagine a beautiful 1080p 60 fps, fully open world (no windows or cannons that bring you to separate levels) where you have to explore and find 120 stars scattered throughout the planet....

...and you call it Super Mario World.

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I loved Galaxy 1 and 2, but I think it's time for something new. Imagine a beautiful 1080p 60 fps, fully open world (no windows or cannons that bring you to separate levels) where you have to explore and find 120 stars scattered throughout the planet....

...and you call it Super Mario World.

That sounds like the Easter Egg hunt fro Hell O_o

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

As much as I would love it for there to be a 3rd one, I would rather have a new 3D Mario game and I doubt it that Nintendo would be able to top Mario Galaxy 2 ( my favorite game of all time :))

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

The platforming in space was a good concept but I would also like to see them try something different. SMS and SMG had more of a story than just simply rescuing a princess, though Mario doesn't seem like it could have that deep a story especially considering its audience. SMG2 was probably more suited for DLC but being on the Wii that wasn't really possible so Nintendo released it as a full retail title and watched the money roll in.

Eh, sometimes you don't need much deeper of a story. :P But I'm in agreement 'ere.

I really liked both, but the first was better

I'm not saying I didn't like SMG2, I mean, it was worth the $50 I spent on it certainly.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I don't want another Mario Galaxy, but I wan them to keep that kind of linear level design.

#16 Kirito the black swordman

Kirito the black swordman

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,Sony,Megaman and Anime

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

As much as i love the Galaxy games..i really want something new and fresh

#17 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

cant lie i salivate at the thought of Mario Galaxy 3. the specs of the console, the 25 GB disc format... they could take it to the next level. with that said i welcome whatever the next 3d mario game will be. its going to be AMAZING.

Edited by TRON, 01 July 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#18 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

Eh, sometimes you don't need much deeper of a story. :P But I'm in agreement 'ere.

I'm not saying I didn't like SMG2, I mean, it was worth the $50 I spent on it certainly.

I agree the second WAS good, but the first was better, since it had better power-ups that were taken away in the second one, a RED POWER STAR, and it had better galaxys and levels.

#19 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

I like originality as much as the next guy, but how on Earth are you going to top the concept of the Galaxy Games?
Whatever the 3-d mario game may be, I'll get it, and unless it's like Sunshine, I'll probably like it. But It'll always be a bit of a letdown, since it followed the Galaxy games. Unles it's a Galaxy game too.

#20 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

I like originality as much as the next guy, but how on Earth are you going to top the concept of the Galaxy Games?

I agree!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 3, Mario, Super Mario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!