Photo

Lets talk about the new Spider-Man movie!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Yo, I saw it last night with my girlfriend and we loved that movie. I feel like it was the best Spider-Man movie so far. The costume was better, the action was better, the actors/actresses were better, the CGI was better, and I feel like Garfield played a more convincing Spider-Man than Toby McGuire ever could. If you haven't gone out to see this film yet then you really should.

I wouldn't bother too much with reviews (although they are good too) just go in there with an open mind and you'll be walking out of theater wishing you were Spider-Man. It makes me wish I had the Spider-Man game but I traded in my 360 so I would have GameStop credit for when the Wii U comes out :)

Edited by Matten, 06 July 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

My favorite part of the movie was the when he messing around with that car thief.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

My favorite parts were (not in any order):
  • Stan Lee appearance. It was beautifully done. I laughed out loud and smiled so hard.
  • Spider-Man slinging around the city, I was so impressed by this version of Spider-Man and the technology used to create the feeling of velocity/vertigo for the audience.
  • Final fight scene with the main antagonist of the film.

My favorite part of the movie was the when he messing around with that car thief.

I liked that too :D

Edited by Matten, 06 July 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#4 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

the movie was very well done. i was lashing back and forth wondering how much changed and it did change alot but it also kept things like the costume was inspired by a wrestling mask. I actually enjoyed the fight at the school. i also love the chemistry between Peter and Gwen. because first off Gwen is much more interesting and not at all bland like Mary Jane plus those two are very quirky in the right way that it makes them even more of a couple made to happen. she is also supportive on what he does and is willingly to help and be in danger for others. This peter is geeky but much better instead of whiney then the other.

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#5 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

The newest spiderman was good and recommend it. I don't get why that Gwen character couldn't just be Mary Jane and stick to the traditional comics. I guess they were just trying to make things different from the original three movies.

I think that the actor that played peter parker should be nerdier. Because he is supposed to be a computer nerd.

The original spiderman movies were closer to the comics, I know that for sure. Spiderman in the comics would never reveal himself to Mary Jane or his father in this case in the movie it was "Gwen". Peter was a college student and worked at the daily bugle. In the newest movie it was just a hobby and he was in high school it seemed. In the comics it was Mary Jane that peter was after, there was no "Gwen". What caused him to shoot web was not technology.

Overall the newer movie is entertaining, but the older ones are more true to the comic.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#6 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

The newest spiderman was good and recommend it. I don't get why that Gwen character couldn't just be Mary Jane and stick to the traditional comics. I guess they were just trying to make things different from the original three movies.

I think that the actor that played peter parker should be nerdier. Because he is supposed to be a computer nerd.

The original spiderman movies were closer to the comics, I know that for sure. Spiderman in the comics would never reveal himself to Mary Jane or his father in this case in the movie it was "Gwen". Peter was a college student and worked at the daily bugle. In the newest movie it was just a hobby and he was in high school it seemed. In the comics it was Mary Jane that peter was after, there was no "Gwen". What caused him to shoot web was not technology.

Overall the newer movie is entertaining, but the older ones are more true to the comic.

Well this is a REBOOT and I think Peter was in High School in the first movie and went to college in the second movie and like you said the first three were true to the comics. Gwen was in the comics and she was the first one that Peter loved. He started loving MJ when Gwen was killed by Green Goblin. The Peter in the new film was apparently nerdy enough to create those web-shooters and again this is a reboot but I'm glad you liked it :-) (By the way this is my 50th post yay!!)

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#7 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

I know that for sure. Spiderman in the comics would never reveal himself to Mary Jane or his father in this case in the movie it was "Gwen". Peter was a college student and worked at the daily bugle. In the newest movie it was just a hobby and he was in high school it seemed. In the comics it was Mary Jane that peter was after, there was no "Gwen". What caused him to shoot web was not technology.

The execution of the reveling wasn't great, but in the comics, Spider-Man is blamed for Gwen's father's death. That's why he revealed himself to her father, because both put their lives on the line and the father knew Spider-Man would be blamed.
MJ actually was created to bring about tension, as she was Gwen's friend/Aunt May's friend, but not the love interest, as Peter didn't originally care for her. Gwen was killed off because she was the sweet girl, but she had little to no character (and because some of the main writers weren't around). Essentially, both Gwen's death and MJ's support helped define Spider-Man's/Peter's character

As for the web shooting, both movies had it wrong. Peter developed the substance, not Oscorp. Peter developed it so it could actually decompose over the course of a day.

As for the Daily Bugle, Peter was supposed to be in it while in high school, but I guess the writers decided that it should be before then or at least foreshadow the future (or just because they knew they couldn't get another actor to do better than J. K. Simmons)

Edited by Mournblade, 06 July 2012 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!