• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

What if the next Metroid was third person? And when you wanted to go firat person, all you do is move the controller up to eye level and move around? That way you can look around and quickly go first person without affecting the action on the screen.

Comments? Other possible uses for the gamepad?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nice pictures *virtual thumbs up*

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

What if the next Metroid was third person? And when you wanted to go firat person, all you do is move the controller up to eye level and move around? That way you can look around and quickly go first person without affecting the action on the screen.

Comments? Other possible uses for the gamepad?

No thanks, I don't want Metroid to be filled with such gimmickry; Other M's first person mode was bad enough.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Keep it the same as prime just use the controller as your visors

Don't mess with it too much cause there was nothing wrong about it .....except corruption and it's motion controls don't do that again!!!!

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

I think Metroid Prime 4 could work on the Wii U, but I'd rather see a traditional Metroid game first. That's been a long time. But that might be a better fit for 3DS..
No sig.

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Don't mess with it too much cause there was nothing wrong about it .....except corruption and it's motion controls don't do that again!!!!

What!? Corruption controls were better then on the GCN b/c you can actually run and aim at the same time. It felt more natural.

#8 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Why you disrespecting Corruption that's my favorite Metroid game ever! The motion controls were great.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#9 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

*not using analogs alone*= gimmick
*making use of the unique WiiU pad features"= gimmick

for the love of God... -__-

​
vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

To throw my two cents in on the Prime 3 controls, I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, and I think all three games play awesome with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

What!? Corruption controls were better then on the GCN b/c you can actually run and aim at the same time. It felt more natural.

You couldn't run and aim at the same time in Prime 1 and 2 for GameCube? :blink:
What did they use the C-Stick for then?
Posted Image

#11 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

i dont feel as immersed using wiimote and nunchuck the gc pad i could zone out entirely and focas whats on the screen not having to fiddle around aiming wirh a wii mote
its a personnal preference

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

i dont feel as immersed using wiimote and nunchuck the gc pad i could zone out entirely and focas whats on the screen not having to fiddle around aiming wirh a wii mote
its a personnal preference

Which why I feel the game should have different control options, for different people.

Edited by Caius, 08 July 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

To throw my two cents in on the Prime 3 controls, I have the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, and I think all three games play awesome with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

You couldn't run and aim at the same time in Prime 1 and 2 for GameCube? :blink:
What did they use the C-Stick for then?

Your visor if I remember correctly.

It could have been for different visors or weapons. Its been a long time since I played Metroid Prime.

#14 PrimedMetroid

PrimedMetroid

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Mario, Kid Icarus, Deus Ex

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Your visor if I remember correctly.

It could have been for different visors or weapons. Its been a long time since I played Metroid Prime.

It was for different weapons. But Metroid Prime 1 and 2 was built around the premise of just one stick for movement and aiming, so the game wasn't really hindered by it.

On the topic at hand, I want a Metroid game that respects its legacy. You see, Metroid: Other M wasn't a bad game. In fact, I'd go even further to say that Other M was a great game. But as a Metroid game or even Nintendo game, it fell flat on its face. It was way too cinematic, the plot was terrible and had many plotholes, and Samus's character and actions deviated from the previous games. Gameplay was fun, though it was also hampered by hand-holding linearity, HUGE rehashes of previous content (mostly, the Vorash was an awesome boss, but no new power-ups is stupid), and the infamous first-person mode.

Looking at all of this, Metroid should take a step back and list these checklists: great atmosphere (something Other M lacked with cinematic cutscenes everywhere), amazing music (ties directly into atmosphere), an non-intruding story (the Prime trilogy had a story discovered through scanning by you), a fine balance of exploration and linearity (like Super Metroid: you can explore the world as you fit, but you need to do certain things before you can move on), and an extensive campaign to clock above 20 hours the first playthrough 100% (like the Prime trilogy).

Don't disappoint, Nintendo.
Howdy, I'm PrimedMetroid, and I'm about playing games and having a blast. Thank you and good night.

Wii U Friend Code: TBA
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993
Posted Image

#15 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Make it third person over the shoulder, switching to first person through the controller would be cool, but I'm worried about rm ache if I have to keep the controller held up all the time. Or make it like Prime. Either way amazing 8th gen graphics would be nice, just to show off the advanced lighting, particles, tessellation unit, and anti aliasing: 1080p @ 60FPS just to prove the critics wrong.

Obviously smooth, game-play, and more of an M-Rating would be welcomed.

Edited by Penguin101, 08 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#16 SolarLune

SolarLune

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Make it third person over the shoulder, switching to first person through the controller would be cool, but I'm worried about rm ache if I have to keep the controller held up all the time. Or make it like Prime. Either way amazing 8th gen graphics would be nice, just to show off the advanced lighting, particles, tessellation unit, and anti aliasing: 1080p @ 60FPS just to prove the critics wrong.

Obviously smooth, game-play, and more of an M-Rating would be welcomed.

Everything except the M-rating would be welcomed to me. To me, an M-rating literally never helps a game be better.

EDIT: And it most likely would never happen with a Nintendo franchise. It'd be more likely for a Sonic game to be M-rated than a Nintendo game.

Edited by SolarLune, 08 July 2012 - 03:33 PM.

Follow me on Twitter or on my homepage to follow my game development progress. Thanks!

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Everything except the M-rating would be welcomed to me. To me, an M-rating literally never helps a game be better.

EDIT: And it most likely would never happen with a Nintendo franchise. It'd be more likely for a Sonic game to be M-rated than a Nintendo game.

Here in Australia the Metroid Prime games were rated M, but our ratings are generally higher than the US'. I think an M rating for Metroid would benefit the game, a more realistic tone would improve the atmosphere.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

maybe a sandbox style metroud with cryengine 3 or metroid goes back to earth to fight nazis lol

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

It was for different weapons. But Metroid Prime 1 and 2 was built around the premise of just one stick for movement and aiming, so the game wasn't really hindered by it.

On the topic at hand, I want a Metroid game that respects its legacy. You see, Metroid: Other M wasn't a bad game. In fact, I'd go even further to say that Other M was a great game. But as a Metroid game or even Nintendo game, it fell flat on its face. It was way too cinematic, the plot was terrible and had many plotholes, and Samus's character and actions deviated from the previous games. Gameplay was fun, though it was also hampered by hand-holding linearity, HUGE rehashes of previous content (mostly, the Vorash was an awesome boss, but no new power-ups is stupid), and the infamous first-person mode.

Looking at all of this, Metroid should take a step back and list these checklists: great atmosphere (something Other M lacked with cinematic cutscenes everywhere), amazing music (ties directly into atmosphere), an non-intruding story (the Prime trilogy had a story discovered through scanning by you), a fine balance of exploration and linearity (like Super Metroid: you can explore the world as you fit, but you need to do certain things before you can move on), and an extensive campaign to clock above 20 hours the first playthrough 100% (like the Prime trilogy).

Don't disappoint, Nintendo.

I didn't like it because it didn't feel natural and I wasn't the only one. I never played Other M, I wanted to so bad. I hope they don't disappoint, as well.

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Metroid needs to be more like Dead Space. Plus it'll attract the a hardcore audience more. It doesn't need swearing, or any dialogue at all, just make it a horror-adventure game. The enemies in Metroid are pretty horrific to begin with anyway, while Starfox I'd have more of a hardocre title for all ages, we need a hardcore Nintendo title that's certainly not for children. I'm either hoping for an Eternal Darkness game (or the rights to be moved from Silicon Knights to someone else) or a Metroid game to be in that throne.

Hmmm Bungie are no longer 100% microsoft.....Maybe they could make another Metroid Prime?

Edited by Penguin101, 08 July 2012 - 11:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!