Photo

Sonic the Hedgehog 2013

Sonic Wii U Sonic Adventure Sonic Unleashed Sonic Dimentions Sonic the Hedgehog 2013 SEGA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

So, apparently the guy who made the rap songs for Knuckles commented on his videos in Youtube said he and SEGA are working on a new Sonic Project. And hearing that reminds me of this rumor about the next sonic guy from the guy who said he's from SEGA that the next sonic is gonna be a mixture of Adventure and Unleashed. which is amazing since if its not being announced now then it must be a bigger game then colors and unleashed meaning it's gonna be a long game :3

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Knuckles rap songs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but those haven't been around since Adventure 2, right?

Could my dream of Sonic Adventure 3, or at least something like it, finally be coming true? :o

Posted Image

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Yay, I was suprised that a new Sonic game was never announced at E3 this year. It is good to hear that Sega is working on something.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Knuckles rap songs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but those haven't been around since Adventure 2, right?

Could my dream of Sonic Adventure 3, or at least something like it, finally be coming true? :o

If it is i'm willing to bet Sonic fans will be at war saying
Side A: Ooh damn it SEGA they're gonna ruin another great game
Side B: No way this is gonna be the greatest sonic game ever!

Posted Image

#5 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

If it is i'm willing to bet Sonic fans will be at war saying
Side A: Ooh damn it SEGA they're gonna ruin another great game
Side B: No way this is gonna be the greatest sonic game ever!

There's this one very vocal section of Retro Sonic fans who have a deep seething hate for the Adventure series and I know they'll get riled up if it ever gets a true successor. :P

Regardless, I'm sure it'll be great. Generations was brilliant and I've heard good things about Colours. If the new game has a Chao garden then Sega already has my money. :D

Posted Image

#6 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

There's this one very vocal section of Retro Sonic fans who have a deep seething hate for the Adventure series and I know they'll get riled up if it ever gets a true successor. :P

Regardless, I'm sure it'll be great. Generations was brilliant and I've heard good things about Colours. If the new game has a Chao garden then Sega already has my money. :D

Generations wasn't a huge leap but a step closer to a perfect game the major flaws of the game is the lack of story and it was very very short but on the plus side the level design is perfect.
Colors is my favorite sonic game and most people agree its better then adventure two despite its flaws as well. one is the game is mostly 2.5 D and the controls is not that good but not broken. the plus is that the voices are good and story is good and the dialouge is excellent.

Posted Image

#7 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

I've been waiting so long for an SA3, and now that it could be happening... I'm excited. If this does end up happening, I really want to see the whole 2.5D thing removed - I want my 3D Sonic to be 3D! I also wouldn't mind being able to play as lots of characters, so long as they're Sonic-like; I'm not saying pure Sonic clones, but give them something unique and have them all be relatively fast. A quick example thing.

Sonic: Boost, like we've seen in Unleashed, Colours and Generations.
Tails: Flying, and his tail attack from SA1.
Knuckles: Gliding and breaking/digging through various things.

Just my opinion on this... Yeah.

#8 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Just one thing, IT NEEDS TO BE FOR WII U.

That is all.

Edited by Blake, 07 July 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#9 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

That was the horrible, terrible, full-of-glitches Sonic 06. I'm not kidding, it was supposed to be Adventure 3.
Posted Image

#10 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Not only is there no link, but even if there was, I'd find it hard to believe a comment from some random guy on youtube. I mean, it would be pretty easy to make that up :/
Not to say I don't want a new Sonic game. Hell, I'd love an SA3. Just would make it better if it didn't feel like I'm sliding on ice when playing Sonic. I mean, can't we just have him walk/run normally, and then have a separate button to speed him up (Boost button, only your not invincible).

#11 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

I can't seem to make a link to the Youtube video's page itself, because it automatically converts... Oh well, just get onto this video and look at one of the responses from Hunnid-P himself:

"

ill have some new knuckles music as soon as sega and i work on this new project for sonic so stay tuned!!! i have many different projects im workin on n im here to give my fans what they want thx!"

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

I liked Adventures 2, so I can only hope for 3. But it wasn't recieved very well by most fans/critics..
No sig.

#13 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

That was the horrible, terrible, full-of-glitches Sonic 06. I'm not kidding, it was supposed to be Adventure 3.

Nah, Unleashed was meant to be Adventure 3. That was the intention in the early stages of development, and in Japan the game is actually called "Sonic World Adventure". ;)

Sonic 06 definitely took inspiration from the SA series though... Just it was very poorly executed and rushed.

Edited by Deadly Virus, 08 July 2012 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Nah, Unleashed was meant to be Adventure 3. That was the intention in the early stages of development, and in Japan the game is actually called "Sonic World Adventure". ;)

Sonic 06 definitely took inspiration from the SA series though... Just it was very poorly executed and rushed.

Oh. Well that's nice but Unleashed didn't feel like SA, either.
Posted Image

#15 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

I can't seem to make a link to the Youtube video's page itself, because it automatically converts... Oh well, just get onto this video and look at one of the responses from Hunnid-P himself:

"

ill have some new knuckles music as soon as sega and i work on this new project for sonic so stay tuned!!! i have many different projects im workin on n im here to give my fans what they want thx!"

Huh, well despite poor grammar, I guess he could actually work for Sega. None the less I still wouldn't take this as a confirmation of a new Sonic.

#16 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

it was supposed to be Adventure 3.

This is the truth, right here. It WAS supposed to be SA3. But they tried to give it a revolutionary aspect by simply calling it "Sonic the Hedgehog", as if it were to be the start of a new beginning. I'm a hardcore Sonic fan, but the game had no potential except it having nice graphics and good music.

#17 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

This is the truth, right here. It WAS supposed to be SA3. But they tried to give it a revolutionary aspect by simply calling it "Sonic the Hedgehog", as if it were to be the start of a new beginning. I'm a hardcore Sonic fan, but the game had no potential except it having nice graphics and good music.

It was never intended to be Adventure 3, it was always considered a reintroduction for the Sonic series for next gen. Every press release and interview stated this. The only reason why it is like adventure because they based it on what was considered the best sonic gameplay at the time (Unleashed gameplay didn't happen yet in 2006). Because of this spiritual succession in gameplay, it is considered by some as Sonic Adventure 3 when really it was not.It was merely a failed attempt at a reboot to refresh Sonic for next gen. That's all. Unleashed would've been Adventure 3, but they changed their mind and made it what it is today.

I would much rather they wait a while before releasing sonic into next gen next time so they can get used to the hardware, and so that the game doesn't end up getting rushed to meet a Christmas curfew.

#18 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

It was never intended to be Adventure 3, it was always considered a reintroduction for the Sonic series for next gen. Every press release and interview stated this. The only reason why it is like adventure because they based it on what was considered the best sonic gameplay at the time (Unleashed gameplay didn't happen yet in 2006). Because of this spiritual succession in gameplay, it is considered by some as Sonic Adventure 3 when really it was not.It was merely a failed attempt at a reboot to refresh Sonic for next gen. That's all. Unleashed would've been Adventure 3, but they changed their mind and made it what it is today.

I would much rather they wait a while before releasing sonic into next gen next time so they can get used to the hardware, and so that the game doesn't end up getting rushed to meet a Christmas curfew.

I was speaking figuratively. Of course it wasn't SA3, but like you said, the re-introductory attempt failed. It might as well have been SA3.

#19 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

I hope it's SA3. A 3D Sonic game at it's core without the extra stuff ( Wisps, werehog. I like them, but I like things to go back to their roots and be simple you know?). Also, I really hope that if it has multiple gameplay modes. I don't want the Knuckles/Rouge treasure hunts. I personally found them boring.

#20 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Still no SA3 confirmation, but SA2 HD is heading to XBL/PSN.
http://www.ign.com/a...-adventure-2-hd

Sadly, nothing was said about a Wiiu release :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Wii U, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Dimentions, Sonic the Hedgehog, 2013, SEGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!