9 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

I want to play this....NOW! It still needs improvement, but this is sooo awesome!

Edited by Penguin101, 09 July 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#2 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Seems legit

1367065580450s.jpg

#3 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Seems legit

It is, but it's not Capcom's but someone who has painstakingly modified the PC version of Resident Evil 2 to replicate the levels from Resident Evil 1.5 B)

Of course there's a lot of clipping issues with the game, but I hope the mod will be available soon!

#4 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

It is, but it's not Capcom's but someone who has painstakingly modified the PC version of Resident Evil 2 to replicate the levels from Resident Evil 1.5 B)

Of course there's a lot of clipping issues with the game, but I hope the mod will be available soon!

Yeah I know it's not by capcom, otherwise it wouldn't be A mod right?

1367065580450s.jpg

#5 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Wait, how is this possible when 1.5 was never released? I mean, how could anyone know the level designs?

#6 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

I still need to try DayZ, looks so immersive.

Shame its online only.

Edited by AndyG, 09 July 2012 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

Wait, how is this possible when 1.5 was never released? I mean, how could anyone know the level designs?

A lot of level designs were available to the public via gameplay footage, looks like this guy has been able to replicate those level designs using some of the files already available mixed with his own re-creation.

The plot summery of RE 1.5 is interesting especially that Umbrella were found out and were going on trial by the US government (Resident Evil 4 anyone) and for revenge on Raccoon City and it's STARS unit - it unleashes the virus deliberately upon the city. There's lot's of other details floating around the internet too that can be used to plant files that can explain the alternate universe's storyline.

TBH I wish that they'd reboot Resident Evil and use the plot to Resident Evil 1.5 as an alternate universe parallel to the one in the current universe.

#8 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

Idk, I'd rather them push forward than backwards. However I gotta say, REmake and RE0 are my favorite RE's. I hated 5, just because of some stupid game mechanics. RE6 looks like it will fix those, and while it isn't really a survival-horror, it'll still be a fun game.

#9 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

Idk, I'd rather them push forward than backwards. However I gotta say, REmake and RE0 are my favorite RE's. I hated 5, just because of some stupid game mechanics. RE6 looks like it will fix those, and while it isn't really a survival-horror, it'll still be a fun game.

I'd like them to focus on what made the originals great, it wasn't shooting hundreds of enemies, it was atmosphere, terror, and suspense. Even a game that came out in 1998 (Resident Evil 2) still manages to be one of the best Resident Evil games to date, only maybe being beaten by the Resident Evil remake due to it's smoother game mechanics and graphical leaps.

Resident Evil 4 was refreshing, however they mistook the action element to what audiences wanted from Resident Evil, whereas it was the game mechanic that we enjoyed. If RE6 was mroe like Dead Space I'd be happy, unfortunately it's taken a route where I'd rather spend my money on a more original action shooter, OR a scarier horror game. I'm hoping for Eternal Darkness 2 and a Fatal Frame (Project Zero) for the Wii U to satisfy my hunger for a game that'l actually scare me to death.

Still a Resident Evil reboot would be handy, you could set the first one in an abandoned sewage-treatment facility instead of a mansion, and set it nearly entirely in the dark. The 2nd game could be a remake of Resident Evil 1.5, because it has enough differences for it to be a completely different game-play and story experience.

#10 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'd like them to focus on what made the originals great, it wasn't shooting hundreds of enemies, it was atmosphere, terror, and suspense. Even a game that came out in 1998 (Resident Evil 2) still manages to be one of the best Resident Evil games to date, only maybe being beaten by the Resident Evil remake due to it's smoother game mechanics and graphical leaps.

Resident Evil 4 was refreshing, however they mistook the action element to what audiences wanted from Resident Evil, whereas it was the game mechanic that we enjoyed. If RE6 was mroe like Dead Space I'd be happy, unfortunately it's taken a route where I'd rather spend my money on a more original action shooter, OR a scarier horror game. I'm hoping for Eternal Darkness 2 and a Fatal Frame (Project Zero) for the Wii U to satisfy my hunger for a game that'l actually scare me to death.

Still a Resident Evil reboot would be handy, you could set the first one in an abandoned sewage-treatment facility instead of a mansion, and set it nearly entirely in the dark. The 2nd game could be a remake of Resident Evil 1.5, because it has enough differences for it to be a completely different game-play and story experience.

If you really want a good new horror game, go with Silent Hill. Even the most recent game in the series, Downpour, manages to be much like the original.
The prime reason RE left survival horror was because the genre really lost the horror element. Back when RE1 and Silent Hill came out, people were more easily scared. Now, the only way to geneuinley scare someone is if you throw in jump scares. Look at Deadspace, that game has the dreary environments and messed up things that RE had, but the fact is, that doesn't scare people. Maybe it weirds them out at best. Hell, even some people are impervious to jump scares. The only reason Deadspace is as popular as it is is because of all the action. sure, there's a lot of exploring and maybe some puzzles, but in the end, well over half of the game is blowing necromorphs to bits. The world and the people that live in it is changing, and video game devs have to take that into account. If you compare the sales of Downpour to RE6 after it releases, I'm sure you'll see why RE changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!