Photo

Nintendo DS games on Wii U Virtual Console?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pikamastr8

Pikamastr8

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

It probably wouldn't happen but is it a good idea for Nintendo to do? Or is it too soon from last gen? What do you think

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

indeed it would be pretty awesome, but it might be too soon, if they were going to do it for wii u, they would have done it on 3DS already. but DS games still sell new copies so they wont do it yet
Posted Image

#3 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yes that would be really cool.

The top screen on the tv and the bottom screen on the gamepad since it has touch.

28gxdv8.png

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

That would be awesome, and would make a lot of sense, however I don't think Nintendo would go through with that. We can hope!

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

I think Nintendo should wait until the next handheld if it will still use the DS style and if it won't be DS style then go ahead and do it on the the Wii U.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Probably not, sice DS games are still in print.

#7 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Are gba games on eshop??

Posted Image

#8 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

I know GBA games were available through the ambassador program, not sure if their available now.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#9 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

Ds games are portable, they were not designed for Big-screen living room experiences. For the same reason Gameboy games are only found on the 3DS eShop (and not the Wii) I'd say this won't happen. Actually I will go a step further and say it sorta... kinda... shouldn't happen. It would waste resources (for the reason stated) and would only push the WiiU closer to the DS. Nintendo wants to emphasise the difference between the DS and the WiiU, and show the things WiiU is made for (pointing out all the differences from DS games concepts). So I highly doubt, and oppose the idea... But it makes for a good forum discussion.
Posted Image

#10 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

indeed it would be pretty awesome, but it might be too soon, if they were going to do it for wii u, they would have done it on 3DS already. but DS games still sell new copies so they wont do it yet

Probably not, sice DS games are still in print.

Reasons right here. Even with the 3DS, DS and its games are still golden. It might be awhile, or perhaps never. But I admit the idea is pretty neat. I'd be able to catch up on DS games from me never owning a DS.

#11 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

we'll probably see ports of some DS games.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ds games are portable, they were not designed for Big-screen living room experiences. For the same reason Gameboy games are only found on the 3DS eShop (and not the Wii) I'd say this won't happen. Actually I will go a step further and say it sorta... kinda... shouldn't happen. It would waste resources (for the reason stated) and would only push the WiiU closer to the DS. Nintendo wants to emphasise the difference between the DS and the WiiU, and show the things WiiU is made for (pointing out all the differences from DS games concepts). So I highly doubt, and oppose the idea... But it makes for a good forum discussion.

Exactly. It's just impossible to upscale such an horrible resolution (it's a handheld) and simply porting it would result in mario's hat being a triangle...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!