• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

"5th Cell CEO finds console power argument "frustrating".

Jeremiah Slaczka, the CEO of Scribblenauts developer 5th Cell, has stated that the Wii U is "definitely more powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3," adding that he finds the argument over the console's capabilities "frustrating".

Speaking in the latest issue of Game Informer, Slaczka said that the Wii U is "definitely more powerful than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It's kind of frustrating to see the rumours and speculation of people going back and forth saying it's weaker or more powerful. It's definitely more powerful."

5th Cell is currently developing Wii U title Scribblenauts Unlimited, the fourth game in the word-based puzzle action series.

"I think we were one of the first developers to see the Wii U," he added.

"Nintendo came to our studio and demoed it to us. A couple of weeks later Warner Bros. got to see it, and we said we should do this. This game was originally a Wii title but later moved to Wii U. It's been about two years in development."

Developers can't seem to agree on how powerful Nintendo's upcoming console is.

A report published yesterday quoted Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada as saying "the [Wii U's] clock is kinda low," and that the console's CPU was "a little bit" slower than 360 and PS3's.

Harada is currently porting arcade fighter Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to Nintendo's hardware.

The debate over Wii U's power has raged for months, with regular conflicting views from developers and publishers.

"It's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360," said one developer speaking to GamesIndustry.biz. "It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360. There aren't as many shaders, it's not as capable," said another.

We have no idea who to believe.

Earlier this week, Epic Games' Mark Rein told VideoGamer that it was not Epic's "intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U", but that a licensee could "port" a UE4 game to run on the console if it wished to do so.

Unreal Engine 3, the engine used by many Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 titles, "is a really good fit for that platform," he added."

Source: http://www.videogame...enauts_dev.html

Edited by ianh05, 13 July 2012 - 10:06 AM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

http://thewiiu.com/t...wii-u-last-gen/
We don't care.

Check the time. This guy was 'ere first, Crackkat came second. Therefore, Crackkat's thread is unnecessary. :P

Also, that's rather rude of you to just come straight out and say that. I expected better of you. -_-

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

Collector.

Don't expect better of him.

He's like the new Lord N, ready to dish out a fist full of mean.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Collector.

Don't expect better of him.

Your face is a fist full of mean.

Find something of your own to post. Copy-pasting an article from the internet is copyright infringement, lazy, and doesn't bring much conversation.
This isn't wiiugo.com or wiiublog.com, this is a forum where discussion is the idea, not reposting stuff directly from other sources.

Posting more articles about how a next gen console is next gen is pointless.

Check the time. This guy was 'ere first, Crackkat came second. Therefore, Crackkat's thread is unnecessary. :P

Also, that's rather rude of you to just come straight out and say that. I expected better of you. -_-

And that wasn't my point. I was posting the same thing in both at the same time.

None of this is really directed at the OP. This is just the thread I choose to speak up in.

Edited by Nollog, 13 July 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Now I can't wait for someone to open up one of these and put this argument to rest. It is getting to be almost annoying hearing different developers go back and forward like this, but I do want to believe such a big dev like this one.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Your face is a fist full of mean.

Find something of your own to post. Copy-pasting an article from the internet is copyright infringement, lazy, and doesn't bring much conversation.
This isn't wiiugo.com or wiiublog.com, this is a forum where discussion is the idea, not reposting stuff directly from other sources.

Posting more articles about how a next gen console is next gen is pointless.

And that wasn't my point. I was posting the same thing in both at the same time.

None of this is really directed at the OP. This is just the thread I choose to speak up in.

copyright infringement only applies to copyrighted material. I simply copied and pasted the article for those who don't like clicking links and provided the source link, I did not claim this as my own work.

Edited by ianh05, 13 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I take umbrage at that remark. Lord N wasn't mean, he was completely honest. Huge difference there. -_-

You contradicted yourself there.

Besides, I don't think it's up to you to say what threads are important or not. It's news and news should be reported.

Edited by GameCollector, 13 July 2012 - 01:26 PM.

GameZombie44.png

#8 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

I take umbrage at that remark. Lord N wasn't mean, he was completely honest. Huge difference there. -_-

Besides, I don't think it's up to you to say what threads are important or not. It's news and news should be reported.

these threads are CONTRADICTING EACH OTHER one dev said its a zx81 the next dev said its a x360 then next its the cpus fault the next its power7 then its a weak gpu then its 4 x xbox 360

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN THIS STOP ITS WAY MORE POWERFUL THAN PS3 X360 LETS GET USED TO THE TRUTH AND ITS A POWERPC 3 X CORE BASED ON THE Wii CPU FAMILY GET USED TO THAT FACT

#9 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

I completely agree. We won't know the power level until someone gets their hands on it, so why even fill your mind with these overly negative or overly positive thoughts? Just be patient and you will know for sure.

Edited by Jakester897, 13 July 2012 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

these threads are CONTRADICTING EACH OTHER one dev said its a zx81 the next dev said its a x360 then next its the cpus fault the next its power7 then its a weak gpu then its 4 x xbox 360

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN THIS STOP ITS WAY MORE POWERFUL THAN PS3 X360 LETS GET USED TO THE TRUTH AND ITS A POWERPC 3 X CORE BASED ON THE Wii CPU FAMILY GET USED TO THAT FACT

Or you can just cool your jets and deal with it.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple as that. No need to rag on this poor fellow for simply relaying news to people he thought would appreciate having more news about the item this entire website is dedicated to.

But I guess I'm wrong. Nobody wants new news anymore. Boo-hoo.

GameZombie44.png

#11 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

I didn't give my thoughts simply because I have no idea of it's specs, I'm just relaying news that I found interesting due to the fact that someone else said it was essentially an Xbox360.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

copyright infringement only applies to copyrighted material. I simply copied and pasted the article for those who don't like clicking links and provided the source link, I did not claim this as my own work.

Their lawyers would disagree with you.

How so, Phoenix?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Their lawyers would disagree with you.

Copyright is a legal concept, enacted by most governments, giving the creator of an original work exclusive rights to it, usually for a limited time. Generally, it is "the right to copy", but also gives the copyright holder the right to be credited for the work, to determine who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work, who may financially benefit from it, and other related rights. It is an intellectual property form (like the patent, the trademark, and the trade secret) applicable to any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete.
It's wikipedias definition. It goes both ways

Edited by Link707, 13 July 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

How so, Phoenix?

Meh, nice reference at least.

You state that you posted the same thing on two threads, but you also said that this is the only thread you spoke up in.

But that's nitpicking. xP Still, it's rather trollish of you to post the same thing in both threads claiming each one is a duplicate of the other. Which is true, but one came first.

GameZombie44.png

#15 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

what is sad isnt the DIEING INDUSTRYS ATTEMPTS TO DIS CREDIT NINTENDO THE SAD PART IS GAMERS BELIEVING IT OR PRETENDING TO AND STARTING THREADS BASED ON BLATENT LYING PATHETIC

#16 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

If this is the case, then we have conflicting "confirmations."

In my mind, if it didn't come directly from Nintendo, it's not a confirmation. And so far, Nintendo hasn't even stated how many cores this CPU has, only the fact that it's IBM POWER based. For all we know, these "trusted developers" could just be throwing random things out there, just to get their name in the news.
Posted Image

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

And hell is breaking loose.
No sig.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Copyright is a legal concept, enacted by most governments, giving the creator of an original work exclusive rights to it, usually for a limited time. Generally, it is "the right to copy", but also gives the copyright holder the right to be credited for the work, to determine who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work, who may financially benefit from it, and other related rights. It is an intellectual property form (like the patent, the trademark, and the trade secret) applicable to any expressible form of an idea or information that is substantive and discrete.
It's wikipedias definition. It goes both ways

Have you ever posted a video on youtube where you mention a film or a scene from a film and you get a copyright infringement notice years later?
Lawyers and companies abuse copyright to extremes sometimes.
The laziness argument still stands, if the op would give an opinion on the article too we could be all "hey op you're right!" or "op you are so silly goose, y u has opinion?!"
Posting news is a blog thing, email the news to feld0 or something to put it up on wiiugo.com

You state that you posted the same thing on two threads, but you also said that this is the only thread you spoke up in.

But that's nitpicking. xP Still, it's rather trollish of you to post the same thing in both threads claiming each one is a duplicate of the other. Which is true, but one came first.

I didn't say it's the only thread I spoke up in.
I've replied talking about using the search before.
How does the same message being posted at the same time in different threads mean my subsequent posts are in both?

There's two things I'm tired of.
1. reposting everything and nobody using search.
2. this whole wii u is power wii u is no power thing.

2 isn't about the community, it's just annoying. The console isn't out yet, the internet as a whole should give it a rest.
1 is just a mild annoyance. but if we could contain all the talk to just one thread, that thread would be better than the five or six other threads about the same thing put together.

mah mah...

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Have you ever posted a video on youtube where you mention a film or a scene from a film and you get a copyright infringement notice years later?
Lawyers and companies abuse copyright to extremes sometimes.
The laziness argument still stands, if the op would give an opinion on the article too we could be all "hey op you're right!" or "op you are so silly goose, y u has opinion?!"
Posting news is a blog thing, email the news to feld0 or something to put it up on wiiugo.com

True true, it's really not hard to paraphrase. If the news is worth just goto the link. Though Feldo has been slow on news lately, busy I guess. You get more news by googling around. He should try to get some more writers.

Posted Image

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Doesn't he have like 50 writers already?
I see a new name almost every week.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!