• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

This is just a topic for me just to rant on why he is the worst video game analyst so yeah

1. he makes statements that are just assumptions like
“Activision never said anything to me, but I know that [for] big games like Call Of Duty they said, ‘No, we’re not putting it on there if you don’t give us a conventional controller’. So they gave in." this is a quote from micheal patcher so based off of no fact or proof he said this
2. he said this “[The Wii] worked, they got lucky," do you think they just got lucky or is it because they found a new market of casual gamers
3.I don’t get it. I think that essentially this is a solution in search of a problem. I mean, somebody had an idea–’let’s make the controller a tablet’–and there aren’t many games that are going to take advantage of that.” another amazing quote from Micheal Patcher. So no games can use this what about MMOs or RTS that usally dont work on consoles RPGs and many other types of games how could you say that no games would take advantage of the touchscreen
4. so overall i just think michel patcher is the worst video game analyst that is biased to Nintendo making complete Bull crap statments so yeah

EDIT: sorry for the font coudnt figure out how to fix it

Edited by starraters, 16 July 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

of course he's silly pony with mental issues. the worst part about it is he gets attention. that's what fuels his silly ponyation.

the fact is, that for him to say this crap, means that he is openly saying "Ubisoft, EA, THQ, SEGA, and Activision. i think i'm a better analyst than any of you have and my decisions are much better than yours. you're all stupid and are going to fail horribly because of you're decision to support this new console that with your wisdom and experience are predicting is going to succeed."

Edited by Crackkat, 16 July 2012 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

He seems horribly ignorant IMO.. Just another one of this new generation of Sony/MS fanboys with some kind of inherent bias against Nintendo. I really have to wonder what he would be saying if Microsoft came out next E3 and announced the Xbox 720 would have a Wii U style tablet controller. Would he stay true to his word and make statements against the 720 as well, or would he suddenly not have a problem with the idea? It's interesting seeing how these things turn out. :D

Posted Image

#4 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

haha.. he also claims the $250 price point on the 3ds last year was really a bargain, that it'll fly off shelves and nintendo can't keep up with the production...

and of course, he is wrong
urhhh.. potatoes?

#5 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

He is an industry analyst that is good at making BS convincing arguments, and only both time and further proof will tell whether he is a good or bad one. Now I don't really know whether he has only really been active recently but all of his assumptions have been just that, assumptions. I really think that Michael Pachter just doesn't understand Nintendo or its decisions. In fact he admits it in this video around the 1 minute mark.

Edited by SolxBurst, 16 July 2012 - 09:31 AM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#6 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

He's just like Game Informer magazine who hates Nintendo too, I stopped reading it when I saw an article that said Pokemon was one of the worst video game series of all time. That it's just rock, paper, scissors but worse.

#7 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

yes, companies are usually easily predictable because they will just choose to go with the mass market, nintendo might confuse patcher in a variety of ways, even the audience being targeted is different
so yea, he is either not very good at analyzing nintendo, is looking for fame, or just does not like nintendo
:laugh:

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

He is a big silly pony. :) He is always bashing Nintendo! If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it. If that rule applied to everyone, Patcher will be living on the streets.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Old Video form February but yeah the Xbox 720 is rumoured to have a tablet like Controller like Wii U.

The article form GameSpot where the video was based off :http://www.gamespot....-report-6350132

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Patcher is just an ignorant, stupid, Nintendo-hating troll who calls himself an analyst.

"They were just lucky." Really? How the actual fork can you take that serious? :/
No sig.

#11 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

Geez guys if you hate him so much why listen to him? Just ignore him if you see any of his articles or whatever...

Posted Image

#12 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

I don't like him either. He's biased against Nintendo always claiming that their consoles " wont work" coming from what he said about the Wii U today.

#13 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Geez guys if you hate him so much why listen to him? Just ignore him if you see any of his articles or whatever...

The thing is i usually do avoid him but i was on Nintendo News and he had to articles back to back and the first one didnt say his name on it and the second one i read to see what else he had to say

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Yeah. it gets pretty annoying sometimes.
If you click the tiny upside down U in the top left corner it'll turn off the fancy button stuff and you can use regular bbcode to make the text look pretty.

It's insane when you type something, hit enter, and make a mistake. You end up deleting from the line before the line you made the mistake on.

Micheal Pachter sure is an analyst working for Wedbush.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

I stopped going on GameSpot when I saw Patchters article as a headline... How come he has so much influence? I dont get it... Apart from being entertaining because of his stupidity, I dont see why he still didnt jump off the golden gate bridge...

This is just a topic for me just to rant on why he is the worst video game analyst so yeah

1. he makes statements that are just assumptions like
“Activision never said anything to me, but I know that [for] big games like Call Of Duty they said, ‘No, we’re not putting it on there if you don’t give us a conventional controller’. So they gave in." this is a quote from micheal patcher so based off of no fact or proof he said this
2. he said this “[The Wii] worked, they got lucky," do you think they just got lucky or is it because they found a new market of casual gamers
3.I don’t get it. I think that essentially this is a solution in search of a problem. I mean, somebody had an idea–’let’s make the controller a tablet’–and there aren’t many games that are going to take advantage of that.” another amazing quote from Micheal Patcher. So no games can use this what about MMOs or RTS that usally dont work on consoles RPGs and many other types of games how could you say that no games would take advantage of the touchscreen
4. so overall i just think michel patcher is the worst video game analyst that is biased to Nintendo making complete Bull crap statments so yeah

LOL Good Job man, you found out some great quotes! I needed a quick laugh so... thanks :D
Posted Image

#16 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

He's just like Game Informer magazine who hates Nintendo too, I stopped reading it when I saw an article that said Pokemon was one of the worst video game series of all time. That it's just rock, paper, scissors but worse.

Lol you mean the one that was a joke? The one that also trashed World of Warcraft, God of War, Resident Evil 4, Braid, and Star Wars: Knights of the old republic? The one that specifically picked on games because they were popular?

our favorite part of writing Sacred Cow Barbecue is the angry flood of emails we get from cranky fanatics who don't get the joke.

Yes, in other words the magazine is run by trolls.

In any case I don't really have a problem with pachter. I'm sure he's more wrong than right but I'm not sure why I should care.

Edited by Symbol, 16 July 2012 - 05:50 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

First off.

It's Michael, as in the fluffy guy with the sword who sways through the air like a little insect. And Pachter, as in trash compactor Mango Sentinel.

Now, Pachter isn't a Nintendo hater. He probably owns more Nintendo stuff than you do.

But with his analysing, which is as we all know, his job, he's been off game in recent years. If he was always so crook with his predictions, I'm pretty sure he would've been out of a job a long time ago. But the fact remains he hasn't. I don't exactly know his exact success rate because I don't follow the guy

But he's right on one thing. You can't always expect being 'novel' is always going to work. Virtual Boy, anyone?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

You do know he has also said something good about the Wii U.

Nintendo took a gamble for the Casual Market that ultimately payed off for them in a big way. You can't say Nintendo knew without a doubt the Wii was going to be a success with the Casual Market.

LordPickleton.png

#19 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

Getting back the hardcore market was the clear difficulty of the future. I guess it was kind of a "Lets go whichever way the wind takes us" move.

Edited by Colinx, 16 July 2012 - 09:56 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#20 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

Come on guys. Yeah, we don't agree with his views, but there is no need to call him not good. He certainly isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!