30 replies to this topic

#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...-duty-for-wii-u

So I don't get this guy. He says no one told him this, but oh I know this is true. Um, really? What do you guys think?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

This guy is just kind of weird in the sense that he just kind of talks out of nowhere all of the time, making assumptions, making stuff up. You know, what some industry analysts often do.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...icheal-patcher/ This is sort of the same topic, but yet not completely. I think each topic is different enough from the other.

Personally, I think he's an idiot. Even if the pro controller wasn't in place, I doubt Activision wouldn't bring Call of Duty to the system. It'd be foolish NOT to do so.

Besides, it's not like it takes a long time to program for the controller if Vigil Games wasn't lying about it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

i had a topic on the same thing and i agree with you and i also think he is biased to Nintendo which i dont understand why without nintendo gaming wouldnt exist today or if it did it wouldnt be nearly as inovative

#5 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Silly guy. The GamePad has all the buttons and triggers of the Pro Controller except it has a screen in the middle. They could just slap a map on it and call it a day. His name is Pachter by the way.

Edited by Mitchjg216, 16 July 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#6 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

lol @ the clown shoes wearing idiot ,this guy is payed to say this crap COD wii supported wii remote and chuck and zapper and classic so doing so agian and also the gamepad is to be expected , trying to make out that all the other controls dont matter but pro does WITCH IS WHAT HE IS DOING

its the whole innivation isnt relivent BS all over again ILL BE PLAYING COD VIA WII REMOTE AND CHUCK PACHTER u fool

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Basically, this guy is a discredit to himself and his profession.

I also have no idea why IGN would report it as "newsworthy."

The guy is saying that he is clairvoyant, because he knows something that Activistion threatened Nintendo with but that he didn't hear that from anyone.

Then he goes on to word such professional communication as "I don't think they suck" (while then describing why he thinks they are just a bunch of con artists).

What a joke.

Or, excuse me, a colorfully expressed caricature of humanity.

And that is my professional opinion.

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if this were true, however At the same time, I think C.O.D. would have been brought to the platform eventually regardless of the size and shape of the controller.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I don't think he's right at all.
What I think may have happened is Nintendo asked third parties what they wanted, and most of them said "360-like controller".

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

nintendo should have just listened to half there fan base to know we wanted a normal controller back

#11 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

nintendo should have just listened to half there fan base to know we wanted a normal controller back

Youve got the Classic Controller...

This guy is just kind of weird in the sense that he just kind of talks out of nowhere all of the time, making assumptions, making stuff up. You know, what some industry analysts often do.

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE ! ! ! You called it an industry analyst! BLASPHEMY ! ! ! GAAAAAAAAAARGH ! ! !

The thing is, that thing is not an analyst. :D
Posted Image

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

There are two things about this article that bug me:

1) He claims that Activision told him, and that they also didn't tell him. All sources for what Activision may have said aside, you simply don't analyse with self-contradiction as clear as day.

2) He claims that Activision refused to make Call of Duty for the gamepad. Considering that they were willing to make 5 of these titles with less quality on a weaker predecessor and with an even less traditional controller, I find this utter c*** and bull.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

I agree with Auzzie, The Wii has CoD games plus the Wii also had a controller on the Wii. also i love how he says the Nintendo got lucky with the Wii.
Yeaaah, Nintendo was extremely lucky people bought the Wii accidently and made it the highest selling console compared to the 360 and PS3.
also i should say how he doesnt like the tablet idea cuz anyone could have thought it hmmm thats just stupid cuz the 360 is doinng the same thing. so i dont get what he's trying to say.

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

He's saying he doesn't appeal much to Nintendo's idea of always having to change things up. Not so much that it differs from the original formula of how things work, but it could have an impact on Nintendo if it seems they keep getting desperate with their design processes.

And I really don't want anyone to delude themselves into thinking "Nintendo will make it work. They always do." And it seems neither does this guy. Don't forget, even with the CoD argument, the Wii still didn't get all the titles it could've handled.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

POPULAR

Poor Patcher, I'd hate Nintendo too if they constantly made me look like I was bad at my job.
Posted Image

#16 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

LOL AT THE VERY THOUGHT ACTIVITION A FAILING """"UP FOR SALE BY THE WAY"""" PUBLISHER told nintendo what to do ,,,thats like believing pachter was once in prison and he raped all the 6 foot 6 black dudes and all the white power guys and ran the sissys as his biatches and was called the proisons DADDY,stating activition threatened nintendo is like saying that kid from wii u blog threatened mike tyson

thats right it didnt happen LOL @ THE INDUSTRY LOL @ PACHTER

Edited by silverismoney, 17 July 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#17 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

LOL AT THE VERY THOUGHT ACTIVITION A FAILING """"UP FOR SALE BY THE WAY"""" PUBLISHER told nintendo what to do ,,,thats like believing pachter was once in prison and he raped all the 6 foot 6 black dudes and all the white power guys and ran the sissys as his biatches and was called the proisons DADDY,stating activition threatened nintendo is like saying that kid from wii u blog threatened mike tyson

thats right it didnt happen LOL @ THE INDUSTRY LOL @ PACHTER

Though COD would have came anyway. I believe option 2 might have happened

Posted Image

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Patcher has such a ridiculously bad track record to the point where I think he knows about it but continues his job anyway for $$$$.

Posted Image

Poor Patcher, I'd hate Nintendo too if they constantly made me look like I was bad at my job.

Quote of the week here people!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

I think CoD would be made for the Wii U regardless of the controllers, given that it was published on the Wii. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some pressure from developers for Nintendo to produce a conventional controller for the Wii U.

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

O.O

May I, incredibly clever sir, take your comment as my sig?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!