• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

It's going to be another gamecube scenario, a console for Nintendo Fans only.

Honestly what PS3 and Xbox 360 owner will jump ship to Wii U when their friends are not getting one. Ok Im one of them but I'm an enthusiast, the majority will not do that.

What will be worse is that if the NextBox and PSNext have GPU on par with the 680. If that happens and if MS price it competitvely (they can, sony can't and I doubt they want to risk it with a higest price) then obviously the casual gamers on 360 and PS3 that assume they're hardcore will buy the next system.

They won't get the Wii U because they don't like Nintendo period.

#22 Medu

Medu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

From what we have seen it's going to be a very hard sell for Nintendo.

Hardcore gamers will not buy the console as Nintendo has not given them a reason too. Casual gamers won't flock to it like they did with the Wii as the tablet controller is a lot less of a game changer than the Wii remote(even if in the end it wasn't that big of a change).

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Pacther isnt an idiot, he only plays one for the gaming press. Web advertising is a very lucrative business, and Nintendo bashing always gets LOTS of attention, which means advertisers will pay through their nose to get their product plastered on ign.

360/ps3 fanboys eat it up, nintendo fanboys rush to defend, and as for the advertisemeng...... exposure exposure exposure.

The more full of.holes.the better, because then intelligent people will deconstruct the article, which of course meqns nothing to 36l0/ps3 fanboys, but becomes renewed ammunition for nintendo fanboys....

Then theres the fact fox industries owns a lot of the gaming news sites... And is a client or rather partner with wedbush morgan.... who employs micheal Pacther.

Its also important to note the crap Pachter spews to the gaming media is nowhere to be found in his actual reports companies pay thousands of dollars for.

Which makes sense. why would he give information awat to gamesites for free....that his PAYING clients give him LOTS of.money for. Quite simply, he doesnt. His mouth on gaming sites is a different service altogether. Likely fud.

As for what pachter REALLY thinks.of the wii u....

He coined a term he predicted began to take shape.on the wii and would be hitting full stride on the next system (then designated wii hd as he had no idea what else to call it.... Not to be confused with the wii hd bogus info he gave the press whicj was simply an hd wii.... in his report he said the system would meet or surpass the power of the 360 depending on wh.
en it was released, with 2010 being competitive power levels to 360/ps3)

The term he coined was 'Nintendads'. Children of the 80's who grew up with the nes, got busy, and now have children nearing the age that daddy needs to watch he plays in front of the child, and the child.itself will soon start gaming.

The Nintendad would desire a system that provided a high volume of family freindly games.... But since Nintendad is a veteran gamer, they would also have to NOT SUCK.

Whos Nintendad going to look to?

Pacther says Nintendo, and they are.going to be a force.to be reckoned with.

Remember that article.quoting pachter about the Nintendads?

Neither do I.

He only gives that info to cliemts in his reports.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

It's not doomed. Just like the Wii it has games that fit for both casual and hardcore audiences. Plus just look at the game line up. Most of them are going to be big sellers like Skylanders Giants, NSMBU, Just Dance, Wii Fit U, Colonial Marines and so many more. The chances of Wii U failing are the chances of pigs flying on Mars.

#25 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

The term he coined was 'Nintendads'. Children of the 80's who grew up with the nes, got busy, and now have children nearing the age that daddy needs to watch he plays in front of the child, and the child.itself will soon start gaming.

THAT IS SO STUPID

let us now create, the microdad
microdad uses microsoft for most of his buisness applications
because of this, he buys an xbox360 for his children
because he is busy at work, he does not realize he is buying his kids m-rated first person shooters
the child becomes... a hardcore gamer
aka first person gun fanatic
:laugh:

#26 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Your too good at sarcasm -_-

Was that sarcastic because I honestly couldn't tell.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

THAT IS SO STUPID

let us now create, the microdad
microdad uses microsoft for most of his buisness applications
because of this, he buys an xbox360 for his children
because he is busy at work, he does not realize he is buying his kids m-rated first person shooters
the child becomes... a hardcore gamer
aka first person gun fanatic

He doesnt simply make things up in his reports liks he does when hes talking to idiot journalists.

He has supporting data, user age group census, graphs demonstrating correlation, survey information made from sample sizes in the 10's of thousands.

You simply, aside from COMPLETY missing the point that Pacther gives the gaming media different information than investors, made a moronic story, with absolutely no correlation, which, quite frankly actually WAS stupid.

The point is, What Pacther tells the ganing media for free that they circle jerk over, and what he tells paying customers that use the information to invest, are two entirely different things.... And typically polar opposites.

Like how Pachter tells his clients the wii being non hd was an advantadge over the ps3 and 360.

At this point, anyone with a brain in their head should be thinking about this next time they see a gaming site quote pacther.

Edited by 3Dude, 19 July 2012 - 07:00 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

It'll probably sell good, I doubt it'll sell Wii numbers though. If Nintendo plays their cards right it could be the #1 console sales-wise in the next-gen. However it's still yet to be seen whether it will be the #1 console in terms of third party support. That was the odd thing last-gen, the Wii unquestionably sold the most yet the Xbox 360 was where the vast majority of game dev's attention was drawn to. Nintendo's taking steps to fix this, but definitely not far enough yet.

I can see why people might think that they're "doomed" though. We've long since passed E3 now and yet the hype around the Wii U seems to be near non-existant outside of communities like our's... All I can say is that Nintendo is gonna need a hell of a lot of marketing around launch to make sure the word gets out, I doubt most people even really know what the Wii U is at this point.

Thats because M$ payed those developers to bring their stuff to the Xbox. Nintendo is offering large insentives for developers this time around (more money per game sold) so I think they're going to do alright.

#29 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

Thats because M$ payed those developers to bring their stuff to the Xbox. Nintendo is offering large insentives for developers this time around (more money per game sold) so I think they're going to do alright.

MS had decades of developers that knew Direct 3D. Once those devs saw Xbox and Xbox 360 it was easier for them to program the game with APIs they already knew rather than learning PSGL and GX2 APIs.

The small subset of Direct 3D in Xbox is what made developers choose the 360 as their console of choice to develop on since they already programmed with Direct X on PC games.

#30 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

MS had decades of developers that knew Direct 3D. Once those devs saw Xbox and Xbox 360 it was easier for them to program the game with APIs they already knew rather than learning PSGL and GX2 APIs.

The small subset of Direct 3D in Xbox is what made developers choose the 360 as their console of choice to develop on since they already programmed with Direct X on PC games.

I think I read an article that said the Wii U hardware was based off of the Xbox so it would be easier to port stuff. Is this true? I don't know the finer details of this stuff...

#31 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

I think I read an article that said the Wii U hardware was based off of the Xbox so it would be easier to port stuff. Is this true? I don't know the finer details of this stuff...

The hardware helps, but if the reason they choose 360 was because of Direct 3D ... Nintendo doesn't use that. And never will.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

More like the 360 was 'based' off the gamecube. It certainly had nothing to do with the original box.

The wii u will be the first nintendo system with a programmable shader pipeline.

The direct Xbox was the first console with programmable shader pipelines, while the cube made very smart use of a fixed function shader pipeline and a pretty damn good set of functions to choose from.

The 360 and ps3 both had programmable shaders, though only the 360 utilized direct x and pixel shader, as its microsoft direct x and microsoft pixel shader. Ps3 (and wii) used a version of open graphics library....

Wii used the same damn set of fixed functions as the gamecube, which was by far its biggest graphical falter. HD nothing, it was the use of an already obsolete set of api's that led to a generation of power ridocule.

Had wii kept the same exact hardware specifications and simply chosen a more up to date library of fixed functions, the whole gen would have been different. For example, the 3ds ALSO has a fixed function gpu. But its functions are up to date, so we get games like reveleations, which makes umbrella chronicles, a game that is on rails and takes all control away from the player to devote more resources to visuals look like crap. Even if the wii dropped to the 3ds's resolution, it couldnt make a game that looked like reveleations.

If wii had games that looked like reveleations, even without hd, the graphical apocolypse would have never happened.

ANYHOO Direct x is a set of graphics api's owned by microsoft, so no matter what the wii u's hardware is, Nintendos not going to pay microsoft to license them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!