#21 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

You should go see Nintendo with this! Not only does it advertise the Wii U, but it does in an (commercially) agressive way, showing that the Wii U plays with power, real power, unlike the image the Wii was given. It shows that it's the next "must have" console.

With a glimpse of a graphical game.

#22 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

To be blunt and honest, I think they stopped because they don't have to. Nintendo has a legion of passionate fans that talk about Nintendo for them across the internet. Then they have their less loyal consumer base, who says "Oh... I have a GameCube / Wii" and their friends look into them (The other three companies have that). Then they have dozens of journalistic game sites (although they may not favor Nintendo, they still have to announce release dates and some details for their audience).
I find Sony does invest in mass marketing (TV, and websites)
Microsoft doesn't need it. They have a good grip on consumer base, and journalistic sites.
And Nintendo has... us. Along with game events to show off hardware & software. And now, all Nintendo fans follow the Nintendo Direct live streams.

IMO the live streams are nice because it allows fans to hear from the company directly before hearing a distorted version from websites. And I know that if I pay attention, I will be able to see the crap even through a biased Nintendo lense, where as through a website it's very loud opinions that are hard to sort through.

Honestly I don't think Nintendo will need mass marketing, they have a fanbase that seems to be passionate about the company itself. that's good advertisment.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!