Wii U thoughts leading up to launch

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

ok at the earliest(October) and latest(November) we will be getting nintendos first HD console. I just wanted to give some of my thoughts/concerns that need to be addressed before launch. all in all im still excited for the console and will be heavily supporting the consoe at launch.

1. nintnedo needs to CONFIRM the two colors for launch. the black console is so sexy.
2. they need to(if not release the specs) affirm their consumer base that by buying this console it wont be dated in 3 years. that by buying this console it will be a 6-10 year lasting product that will bring them great gaming experiences for all type of gamers.
3. They need a JAW DROP game. exclusive, first part, e-shop i really dont care how we get it. im not just talking pure polygons but something that visually stands out from the crowd and make gamers want to buy the console for it.
4. give us what we want. the reality is nintendo past two consoles(gamecube and Wii) lacked a game such as GTA. seriously that can not continue this upcoming gen. GTA is probably one if not the most popular and successful 3rd party franchises on the market. if im nintendo (IF i have one im putting my ego aside) and i make this happen. we help publish do something to bring this and other big 3rd party gams to the system.
5. price point. thats what they are known for. after all these years they cant abandon there family friendly prices. they have said they are trying to find the right balance with the Wii U. i feel nintendo can put a lot of pressure on microsoft and sony if they keep the price under 350 and keep the gaming prices under 60. it will once again make buying the Wii U the smart choice for those on a gaming budget and those making impulse buys.

all in all i think this consoleis going to be solid. i think nintendo has some tricks up their sleeves and cant wait for them to let them out. what do you guys think?

also add they need a HD gameplay reel. seriously if they showed all your favorite franchises in hd running on Wii U a lot of people wpuld be satisfied until we get those games.

#2 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

yeah for some reason though nintendo seem to always dissapoint everything gets hyped up with rumours and stuff then when they do something its really REALLY lame

#3 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

I really think much of the wii u appeal is just getting fantastic updates on Nintendo's major titles like Mario kart, Zelda etc plus the casual games and of course games that make good use of the new game pad controller. The wii u is a huge performance jump over the original wii and will be capable of some amazing games.

If your wanting state of the art console gaming for first person shooters etc it will be a bad choice because a) I don't think it will get a lot of those titles and B) next year we will probably get updated consoles from Microsoft and Sony.

The wii u is a fantastic package and will be sold at a competitive price I'm sure but the information about its specification shows it to be close to current gen or marginally above.

If the wii u had a specification worth shouting about then Nintendo would be shouting about it and not keeping such details to itself.

Its difficult to know the strengths of the wii u without a full release of the wii u specifcation but it seems like both main memory and embedded high speed video memory will be superior at least on some levels although certain features of the gpu may be cut down or reduced. Cpu performance seems like it could be a bit lower than its current gen competitors. So looks like a console a bit like the 3DS and the original Super Nintendo that has a higher graphic performance to cpu ratio so what you see on screen can be impressive but the game engine in the background won't have as many resources for AI, physics and other cpu intensive operations. Its possible the gpu will aid for some of this like physics.

With that in mind I think Nintendo should concentrate on fantastic 1080p 2D experiences and perhaps classic 3D platforming etc.

I saw the Fifa 13 article on eurogamer that stated the wii u had at last bought parity between nintendo and 360/PS3 as quite a negative article especially as they went on to say that the wii u would be missing features present in the 360/PS3 versions.

http://www.eurogamer...-parity-at-last

I feel Nintendo need to push publishers and developers to make sure the wii u versions at least match current gen plus have the additional features of the game pad. If they take away some features but add some new features then it makes it hard for consumers to justify paying out for an expensive new console. At the very minimum wii u games should be enhanced versions of existing 360/PS3 games. I feel some publishers are really going to do damage to the wii u by their lazy approach to developing for it. My expections of the wii u may be at the lower end compared to some people here but I'm still expecting more memory, faster optical drive, super high memory bandwidth, greater high speed embedded video memory and a gpu with an improved feature set. The wii u should be able to offer visually cleaned up versions of what the 360 and PS3 can do with better anti-aliasing and some extra graphically effects.

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

Wii U is fine. The only thing it needs is good games.

28gxdv8.png

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

It's not fine. They really need to get the message out there that this is a new console, there are things only it can do, and if you want this, come get it.

Heck, the majority of my friends who game a lot don't know nothing about it beyond name until I had a rant on Facebook.

(Some nugget was saying Wii U is doomed, so I had to put 8 comments in a row to shut him up. Damn PC gamers -_-)

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

Wiiiiii Uuuu. Wiiiii Uuuuuu The Nintendo Police are coming!

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Wiiiiii Uuuu. Wiiiii Uuuuuu The Nintendo Police are coming!

ROFL!!!! That made my morning...

But seriously...I think Nintendo will be fine with the launch of Wii U. They say they learned a lot from the 3DS launch and I believe them, they haven't been doing this dance so long because they aren't good at marketing good products.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

ok at the earliest(October) and latest(November) we will be getting nintendos first HD console. I just wanted to give some of my thoughts/concerns that need to be addressed before launch. all in all im still excited for the console and will be heavily supporting the consoe at launch.

1. nintnedo needs to CONFIRM the two colors for launch. the black console is so sexy.
2. they need to(if not release the specs) affirm their consumer base that by buying this console it wont be dated in 3 years. that by buying this console it will be a 6-10 year lasting product that will bring them great gaming experiences for all type of gamers.
3. They need a JAW DROP game. exclusive, first part, e-shop i really dont care how we get it. im not just talking pure polygons but something that visually stands out from the crowd and make gamers want to buy the console for it.
4. give us what we want. the reality is nintendo past two consoles(gamecube and Wii) lacked a game such as GTA. seriously that can not continue this upcoming gen. GTA is probably one if not the most popular and successful 3rd party franchises on the market. if im nintendo (IF i have one im putting my ego aside) and i make this happen. we help publish do something to bring this and other big 3rd party gams to the system.
5. price point. thats what they are known for. after all these years they cant abandon there family friendly prices. they have said they are trying to find the right balance with the Wii U. i feel nintendo can put a lot of pressure on microsoft and sony if they keep the price under 350 and keep the gaming prices under 60. it will once again make buying the Wii U the smart choice for those on a gaming budget and those making impulse buys.

all in all i think this consoleis going to be solid. i think nintendo has some tricks up their sleeves and cant wait for them to let them out. what do you guys think?

also add they need a HD gameplay reel. seriously if they showed all your favorite franchises in hd running on Wii U a lot of people wpuld be satisfied until we get those games.

Wow I completely agree with what you said. Nintendo does have some things to tell us, that they really should have at E3 or just after E3, but I think they still can turn things around and impress us.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

I really hope it comes in black too.

#10 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

so to short word what needs to happen
1.black and white launch consoles
2.reveal, show off specs, have them be pretty good and modern
3.a new zelda or stunning equivelent
4.get 3rd party games in, make sure what everyone wants is there
5.make the console cost under $350 (i would prefer 300)
:laugh:

#11 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

I just don't think Nintendo's done a good enough job to be honest. They're not ambitious enough regarding hardware/online and they don't seem to have anywhere near as much interest in chasing the more hardcore demographic as I thought. Granted, they probably still have a whole slew of games they've yet to show us, but then that's another thing I'm not too pleased about. I'd much rather see the games they have under wraps now and then wait until 2013/2014 to play them than be kept in the dark and have no idea if my purchase is really going to be worth it in a year or two's time.

Still, I wanna wait and see what this "September conference" is all about. I'd really like to hope that Nintendo is waiting until then to unleash some more exclusives and third party multiplats on us, but we can't be sure. After this year's E3 I don't think I ever want to get myself hyped up for a major gaming event ever again.. :wacko:

Posted Image

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

I just don't think Nintendo's done a good enough job to be honest. They're not ambitious enough regarding hardware/online and they don't seem to have anywhere near as much interest in chasing the more hardcore demographic as I thought. Granted, they probably still have a whole slew of games they've yet to show us, but then that's another thing I'm not too pleased about. I'd much rather see the games they have under wraps now and then wait until 2013/2014 to play them than be kept in the dark and have no idea if my purchase is really going to be worth it in a year or two's time.

Still, I wanna wait and see what this "September conference" is all about. I'd really like to hope that Nintendo is waiting until then to unleash some more exclusives and third party multiplats on us, but we can't be sure. After this year's E3 I don't think I ever want to get myself hyped up for a major gaming event ever again.. :wacko:

MAJOR games might be announced in september so im looking out too. one of the heavily rumored games being there is gta 5 which i really do believe may things have been leaked before about it being on wii u also its being pushed back to next year and i bet the wii u has something to do with that

It's not fine. They really need to get the message out there that this is a new console, there are things only it can do, and if you want this, come get it.

Heck, the majority of my friends who game a lot don't know nothing about it beyond name until I had a rant on Facebook.

(Some nugget was saying Wii U is doomed, so I had to put 8 comments in a row to shut him up. Damn PC gamers -_-)

i know that stuff pisses me off too people are just ignorant towards the truth sometimes those selfish bastards haha

MAJOR games might be announced in september so im looking out too. one of the heavily rumored games being there is gta 5 which i really do believe may things have been leaked before about it being on wii u also its being pushed back to next year and i bet the wii u has something to do with that

i know that stuff pisses me off too people are just ignorant towards the truth sometimes those selfish bastards haha

sorry for swearing lol

I really think much of the wii u appeal is just getting fantastic updates on Nintendo's major titles like Mario kart, Zelda etc plus the casual games and of course games that make good use of the new game pad controller. The wii u is a huge performance jump over the original wii and will be capable of some amazing games.

If your wanting state of the art console gaming for first person shooters etc it will be a bad choice because a) I don't think it will get a lot of those titles and B) next year we will probably get updated consoles from Microsoft and Sony.

The wii u is a fantastic package and will be sold at a competitive price I'm sure but the information about its specification shows it to be close to current gen or marginally above.

If the wii u had a specification worth shouting about then Nintendo would be shouting about it and not keeping such details to itself.

Its difficult to know the strengths of the wii u without a full release of the wii u specifcation but it seems like both main memory and embedded high speed video memory will be superior at least on some levels although certain features of the gpu may be cut down or reduced. Cpu performance seems like it could be a bit lower than its current gen competitors. So looks like a console a bit like the 3DS and the original Super Nintendo that has a higher graphic performance to cpu ratio so what you see on screen can be impressive but the game engine in the background won't have as many resources for AI, physics and other cpu intensive operations. Its possible the gpu will aid for some of this like physics.

With that in mind I think Nintendo should concentrate on fantastic 1080p 2D experiences and perhaps classic 3D platforming etc.

I saw the Fifa 13 article on eurogamer that stated the wii u had at last bought parity between nintendo and 360/PS3 as quite a negative article especially as they went on to say that the wii u would be missing features present in the 360/PS3 versions.

http://www.eurogamer...-parity-at-last

I feel Nintendo need to push publishers and developers to make sure the wii u versions at least match current gen plus have the additional features of the game pad. If they take away some features but add some new features then it makes it hard for consumers to justify paying out for an expensive new console. At the very minimum wii u games should be enhanced versions of existing 360/PS3 games. I feel some publishers are really going to do damage to the wii u by their lazy approach to developing for it. My expections of the wii u may be at the lower end compared to some people here but I'm still expecting more memory, faster optical drive, super high memory bandwidth, greater high speed embedded video memory and a gpu with an improved feature set. The wii u should be able to offer visually cleaned up versions of what the 360 and PS3 can do with better anti-aliasing and some extra graphically effects.

thats laziness on ea sport's part. wii u is rumored by reliable sources to be atleast 4 times the power in almost all categories of the ps3. which is impressive. but nintendo has almostnever talked about the graphics of thier games idk why though considering pikmin 3 looks better than anything ive ever seen on consoles , and its at launch! lol so i think they will be fine .
nintendo knows people see how much better the graphics are and they are fine in that category thats why they focus on the gamepad because tbh even since ea iisnt really comfortable with wii u yet and dont know how to optimize an engine made for 360 and ps3 for wii u they gamepad still makes the experience much more worth it than some silly hit detection engine lol. the SUPERIOR version of fifa , madden , etc will be on wii u the graphics re better too.

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!