• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

As you probably know, Nintendo is holding a huge event called Nintendo World 2011 over in Japan right now. Even though the name may make you think it's another Nintendo conference, it's actually an event completely dedicated to the 3DS (and open to the public).

If you're interested, I and a few other people are busy providing a bunch of comprehensive coverage about it over on 3DS Buzz, that I think you'd all love. I know we've got a lot of competition, and it's really strong; but the advantage of our not being at the event is that the team and I are willing to pull all the news about the event together from all over the 'Net (unlike the sites that are there, which will probably be reporting solely on what they've seen themselves).

Anywho, is there anything about the 3DS you want to see revealed in Japan over the next few days?

#2 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

Fire Emblem. Rune Factory. Combined.
But because that will never happen, a Nintendo Trading Card game that uses augmented reality. Who said they were going to recycle pokemon?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#3 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

That's a pretty good vantage point, I like to drift between 3DS Buzz and nintendo3dsblog.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#4 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:06 AM

I want them to reveal a new portal game coming out for 3DS in the future.
*checks reality*
;)

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#5 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

So guys, what do you think about the 3-5 hour battery life thing? I think it's for when the system is at maximum brightness, with 3D and WIFI turned on.

If it's for low settings, I'll be dissapointed in Nintendo (even though I'm not a handheld gamer). Why the heck would they ignore one of the best advantages DS had over PSP, battery life.
It's not like them to be this careless.

Edit: I would also like to add, for no reason whatsoever, that i think integrating glassesless 3D into the 3DS was a disruption move against Sony on the part of Nintendo.
You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#6 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

So guys, what do you think about the 3-5 hour battery life thing? I think it's for when the system is at maximum brightness, with 3D and WIFI turned on.

If it's for low settings, I'll be dissapointed in Nintendo (even though I'm not a handheld gamer). Why the heck would they ignore one of the best advantages DS had over PSP, battery life.
It's not like them to be this careless.

Edit: I would also like to add, for no reason whatsoever, that i think integrating glassesless 3D into the 3DS was a disruption move against Sony on the part of Nintendo.

Yeah that battery life was a bit. ugh, when I found out. But your right its probably high settings, I thing I use medium setting so maybe I can get 5-7 hours and maybe 9 hours on standby.

But it wasn't all bad news ;) we got some lovely 3DS videos and I am mildly interested in that Game Coins things. Seems the step in the right direction achievements wise. Not quite what we wanted but it's getting there :mrgreen:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

If you're using the 3DS more than 5 hours a day, outside home, you need to get back to your studies/work. As for long trips, I'm sure they'll release a car charger and A(AA) battery chargers.

Though I can still say it sucks a bit. I'm used to charging it for 10 times the required amount, and then not charging it for the next week ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

Nice new avatar, Wertville. xD

5-8 hours of battery life isn't really all that bad. It's just a Nintendo handheld with average rather than outstanding battery life. Battery life has always been a selling point of past Nintendo handhelds before, but it has now simply been replaced by high-end graphics and a little something you guys are forgetting called StreetPass, which is always actively draining the battery even when the system is turned off. I don't think there's anything more to it, really.

#9 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Thanks, it's ripped straight from the Umineko episode 8 cover art XD

And I completely forgot about StreetPass. Does that count towards the 5 hours, because I can live with it if it doesn't.

Speaking of StreetPass... Maybe there's a way to turn it off? Since I plan to import a Japanese 3DS, and the recent revelation that it's region-locked, I might be able to get a few more hours out of the battery if I could do so ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#10 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

I'm pretty sure that the 5 hours Nintendo claims are with StreetPass enabled, since they're advertising that as such a ground-breaking feature (and...well, it is). With it turned off, I'm sure you could bump it up 2-4 hours or so.

And yes, you can turn it off. There's a wireless on/off switch on the side of the 3DS. Flipping it will disable all wireless features of the 3DS, including StreetPass.

#11 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

Ah, that's good ;)
Now I can forget to charge it for almost a whole extra day :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#12 Mark

Mark

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:08 AM

Nintendo World 2011 was pretty cool. The battery life isn't too bad. I mean it's probably for all the settings turned up. It won't really affect me anyway. I normally play handhelds for about 2 hours. I can't wait for the Nintendo Preview Event.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!