#1 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

What if Nintendo took the original 1981 Donkey Kong game and remade it to be a full-fledged, frantic console experience? The result would be Donkey Kong U.

Posted Image

Mario and friends are building a new skyscraper in the Mushroom Kingdom next to Toadstool Castle to house the kingdom's several power-ups, and the building is halfway through the construction phase, when out of nowhere, Donkey Kong grabs the Princess and climbs to the top of the rafters, beating his chest in fury. Mario dashes after the ape and begins to climb the construction site in hopes of reclaiming his royal love...

Donkey Kong U features a construction site as tall as the Empire State Building (1250 feet tall), making for a much longer game. The levels are divided into 50 foot intervals, making for 25 levels of frantic nostalgic fun. The first three levels play out like the original Donkey Kong: climb the rafters and dodge the barrels. Once you reach the fourth level, things shake up.

A lone ? Block appears in front of Mario, and once it is hit, a flood of Nintendo power-ups are at Mario's disposal to save the Princess.

Power Ups
Super Mushroom - Mario regains one of his three life hearts.
Fire Flower - Break barrels with fireballs, and take out minor enemies like Goombas and Koopas.
Starman - Run through all barrels and enemies for a period of time.
Koopa Shell - Mario dons a Koopa shell and can barrel through the barrels by holding the B button.
1-Up Mushroom - Mario gains an extra life.

Some minor enemies and annoyances also try to take out Mario on his construction site quest...

Goombas
Koopas
Pirahna Plants
Flaming Barrels
Trapdoors

Once you reach the 25th level...something odd happens...
Spoiler

Technical Aspects
-1080p HD Graphics
-Competitive Online Gameplay on Two Construction Sites
-Support for both Wii Remotes and Wii U Game Tablets

Any more ideas for this concept?

Edited by nintendofreak247, 17 June 2011 - 07:28 PM.

Posted Image

#2 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

this seems a little weird
it would get boring to do the whole thing like the original, maybe add in some 3d world gameplay
and what kind of stuff would be in the skyscraper since the mario vs dk games take place in a toyland thing
and mario should get help from friends and they should have unique abilities like dkcr or mario bros 2
cool idea though

#3 SteveMeeble

SteveMeeble

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

lol, I've thought about this too! I think Nintendo should really look into it!

#4 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

I don't really like it, I would much rather a new game. I think they could do something awesome with the new controller. I hope they don't blow it.

#5 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

If they did, I would probably buy it! Good idea!
Posted Image

#6 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:28 AM

hmm could maybe work as a downloadable game, but from what you're describing doesnt sound like they could make a full 50-60$ game out of it.
Besides that I agree with Jabob, there's a new awesome controller with great futures, use them to create a completely new game.

#7 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

I was thinking about that and other old games. What was said blew my mind away. I would buy that gave. You need to find a way to pitch that game to Nintendo. Find one of their developers and drop the paper in front of him.

#8 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Ever since Donkey Kong 64, it seems like none of the other Donkey Kong games appeal to me.

How about a sequel to DK64?
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#9 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Mario Vs Donkey Kong U?
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#10 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Like the GB version of Donkey Kong? The game starts out like an arcade port, and then the game unveils to be a full games with multiple worlds. I think it would be a great game. I'm thinking it would be better as a downloadable title.

#11 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

WiiU-ware perhaps? For a few bucks it would be fun... I'm honestly hoping for a big breath of fresh air on this console... some new franchises to fall in love with. I only have so much nostalgia!

#12 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

yea i can see it in wii u ware

Posted Image

#13 AWB

AWB

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Do you think it could be released for Wii U Ware?
Game History: PC, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS.
Buying Soon: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart 3D, Animal Crossing 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D.

#14 Icebreaker

Icebreaker

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

DK64 sequel is what they SHOULD be making.

#15 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

DK64 sequel is what they SHOULD be making.

Maybe, but they'd have to do something amazing, DKCR really set the bar high, and they'd probably get Retro Studios to make it, which is a good idea, but they really need to do something amazing to pull off a sequel to Donkey Kong 64.

#16 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

Like the GB version of Donkey Kong? The game starts out like an arcade port, and then the game unveils to be a full games with multiple worlds. I think it would be a great game. I'm thinking it would be better as a downloadable title.

Argh god damn these forums. I wrote a near identical post before you and then the forums literally died and I was unable to post it. It'd have to be 3D though, not a straight port. I'd love to see the original in 3D.

Edited by Dementis, 19 June 2011 - 01:36 AM.

#17 Angrysocks97

Angrysocks97

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, SSB and DK

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

A Level Editor with the ability to share levels with friends would be pretty cool.
Some other items that could be included are a Rocket Launcher, THE MIGHTY HAMMER and Koopa Shells.
I think this would be a downloadable title along with Ice Climbers U and Excitebike U.

#18 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:42 AM

A Level Editor with the ability to share levels with friends would be pretty cool.
Some other items that could be included are a Rocket Launcher, THE MIGHTY HAMMER and Koopa Shells.
I think this would be a downloadable title along with Ice Climbers U and Excitebike U.

Rocket Launcher? Has a Rocket Launcher EVER been in a Mario game?

#19 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:10 AM

Rocket Launcher? Has a Rocket Launcher EVER been in a Mario game?

Does Yoshi's Safari count its super scope was kinda a rocket launcher.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 19 June 2011 - 06:10 AM.

#20 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

That is a great idea. It would add replay value to the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!