Photo

How will Microsoft and Sony Compete with the Wii U?

Wii U PS4 Xbox 720

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

i think that they can't. anything they will do, will be a copy of wii u, i mean "Miiverse" and All that stuff, they will copy.
________________________________________________Posted Image

#22 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hardly. You obviously have no clue about Vita cross play if that's what you think. Cross play has far more possibilities then the Wii U's game pad and will provide pretty good competition. Microsoft's Smart Glass on the other hand is going to have a tough time competing as it assumes everyone out there has a compatible device which is not the case. That said I agree the Vita is not standard but what it offers in terms of connectivity with the PS3 is far better. With Sony starting to give away the Vita versions of games white the PS3 versions is going to be boost for them. That said I don't think either of them are going to go out of their way to compete with Nintendo and the Wii U. They are happy doing their own thing.

Yeah but Vita doesn't sell well. There's like 10% chances that a Vita owner happens to own a PS3. And Vita owners aren't likely to buy a $250 console that is at the end of its lifespan. It's a cool feature, but a feature that only few use.
Posted Image

#23 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Sony HAS too get a new idea I think they are in the worst situation, because they will just make a powerful console with a boring Dualshock, I'd rather buy a PC. Microsoft has Kinect 2.0 which will be good for gameplay and Wii U has the gamepad. Sony has to come up with an original idea.

If sony makes a reasonably priced system that is still the most powerful and sticks with the classic "no gimmick" method to gaming with just a controller then they could do better... If Wii U doesnt get the 3rd party support and Microsoft focuses soley on Kinect 2 then Sony will own the normal gaming market.. Kinect is trash and if the Wii U doesnt get support other than party shovelware itll just be wii all over again.

(heres a couple good kinect games to prove the point)
http://www.ign.com/v...es-video-review
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59521/steel-battalion-heavy-armor-review/ my personal favorite :P

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 25 August 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#24 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

If sony makes a reasonably priced system that is still the most powerful and sticks with the classic "no gimmick" method to gaming with just a controller then they could do better... If Wii U doesnt get the 3rd party support and Microsoft focuses soley on Kinect 2 then Sony will own the normal gaming market.. Kinect is trash and if the Wii U doesnt get support other than party shovelware itll just be wii all over again.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59521/steel-battalion-heavy-armor-review/ my personal favorite :P

Lol, Kinect is stupid.

#25 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Wiiu will get 3rd party support, cause so many developers are praising it because of how easy it is to port games to it, and it should be able to handle most next gen games. Which we won't see till late 2014 and 2015, and I think Sony is fine keeping gaming simple, I like it, the last time they tried to shake things up with move.. Well, we all know how that went, cause we all own moves.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#26 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

http://www.g4tv.com/...y-armor-review/ my personal favorite :P

Kinect may be stupid but we don't know about Kinect 2.0. Like the wii was very casual but the Wii U is balanced.

#27 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Microsoft has Smart Glass and Sony has the Vita. I don't know how amazing those products will be, but I'm pretty sure they can offer a very similar experience. They can compete just fine with Nintendo's Wii U.

#28 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Microsoft has Smart Glass and Sony has the Vita. I'm pretty sure they can offer a very similar experience.

Posted Image

I actually laughed out loud when i read that post ... I really hope you were being sarcastic... smartglass looks awful and the thought behind cross play is ludicrous

#29 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

I actually laughed out loud when i read that post ... I really hope you were being sarcastic... smartglass looks awful and the thought behind cross play is ludicrous

I have to agree with this, they both seem like more trouble than they're worth....and nobody owns a Vita.

#30 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

Microsoft and Sony don't compete with Nintendo.

http://www.g4tv.com/...y-armor-review/ my personal favorite :P

Are these people still going out of business?
I hope so, to give it 1/10 is one thing, to celebrate and berate it is another.

Edited by Nollog, 26 August 2012 - 12:04 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#31 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:33 AM

I don't think there will be serious competition between nintendo and sony/micro... end of the day, everybody wins. If everyone keep their prices affordable, offers a good and convincing exclusives, people will buy it. Battle between consoles is not specs, but experiences that each console offers. If one of them can't keep up, it won't sell.

For example, me. I bought a PC, because I want to do my work on it, and I made it powerful enough so it can play games. Lots of games. But then I saw the PS3 games. I don't have that on my PC, and I reaaaalllly want to play it. So I save up, and buy a PS3, and get the experience that I can never get it on PC. Why didn't I buy an XBOX? because Halo and Gears of War didn't convince me, and most games it has, are on PC and PS3. How about a Wii? because I am a idiot for listening to other people, so I don't really pay attention to it, and also nintendo as a whole. Only this year I started listening to Nintendo news, and realized how many things I've missed. I wanted to buy a Wii, but then I saw Wii U which is even more cooler and backwards compability with Wii!! So much win, so I decided to save up and buy that instead.

Vita also didn't convince me with the game it offers. I like the thing a lot, I can think of many possibilities of gaming on Vita. 3DS however got my attention. Where else can you play games like kid icarus, new monster hunter, new harvest moon, or mario? only the 3DS. Plus, the games I mentioned really is suitable for mobile gaming (except for Icarus maybe), because you can enjoy it even on small screen, plus it's like you can spend small time on these game to make some progress.

if you ask the same question on Vita, where else can you play games like Uncharted, Assassin creed, killzone, COD? on the PS3. sure the game is a little different, but adding some touchscreen gimmick on these game won't cut it, because the general experience is still the same.
urhhh.. potatoes?

#32 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

I would turn this question around and say how will NINTENDO compete with MS and SONY? Forget all the crossplay and smart glass stuff and focusing on the games. Besides a handful of original IP's all I see is WII U games ported from current gen consoles that have already been released....sure AC3 looks great but unfortunately it looks better on the PS3 and when the next wave of consoles get released from MS and SONY NINTENDO will be left behind again.
I see strong sales of the Wii U at first but then tapering off when we see true next gen consoles from the other big two...sort of like the original Wii.

#33 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

I don't see anyone going under anytime soon.

The Wii U's generation will not decide this.

If the new Microsoft logo is anything to go by, they are still going with the Xbox brand into the next generation.

Sony still has it's PS3 base, and with things like Cross Buy (Which is essentially a two-for-one buy), and the fact that they have a stronger base in Japan that Microsoft ever will, they aren't going out anytime soon.

Whatever Microsoft and Sony make this generation, it will compete. Because this isn't the generation that will decide who drops first.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#34 Nintendo_Dragon

Nintendo_Dragon

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Wait....since when has Microsoft and Sony been competition for Nintendo? Sony is no threat. They have to worry about surviving not competing with the Wii U, and 720. As for Greedysoft...Smartglass is their attempt at a 1 year competition. Since the 720 will be next year. However Smartglass is also no threat.

From Wii U launch to Holiday 2013 Wii U is #1 with no competition. When the 720 hits....There will be slight competition but not much. Who will buy the 720 at launch? What game will there be that makes people buy it? No Halo at launch thats for sure. Halo 5 wont be out 1 year later after Halo 4. Gears.....nope. Soooo theres no point buying a 720. Wii U as long as it launches good will be unchallenged for quite a long time. 2-3 years I say.

#35 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

2-3 years going unchallenged is a stretch. What if the Wii U is delayed like some in the business that say it might?
What if it cost's more than people expect? I still think the current XBOX and PS3 are still going to be competing for sales, you can get both for $200, both having a huge selection of some amazing games already.
Don't get me wrong the Wii U will be a big seller but I don't think "casual" crowd will be big buyers like the Wii. Nintendo made a huge mistake focusing on casual gamers at the cost of core gamers, and it is now paying for it.They lost a lot of money last quarter.
Still on the fence if I'm getting one at launch, no knowning the final retail price doesn't help much either. Cmon sept. 13.

#36 Nintendo_Dragon

Nintendo_Dragon

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

WTF are you babbling about? Yah Nintendo lost money in 2011....Thats what happens during the final stretch of a system...Last year the Xbox had before the 360 came out same thing happened. Same with PS3...Allthough they lost money till 2011. Nintendo had 1 negative year in 30 years it didnt effect them at all. In fact Iwata said yup its good to have a bad year every once in awhile and he said other stuff but I forget what. Nintendo has said themselfs HOLIDAY 2012 Burger King starts selling Wii U toys next month stores are putting out advertisment stuff its coming out November. You really think on Sept 13th Nintendo says well sorry but its delayed. Yah not happening. The 1 month delay for Europe but oh well big deal. Nintendo owns the casuals. Ever since NES they will flock to the Wii U. You think they lost big for not getting the "Core"? News flash there is WAAAAAAAY more casuals then hardcore. Wii sold more then both PS3 and 360. Wii won you cant argue sales wise. And those "core" idiots are the COD players and such. With BO2 being on Wii U then can join if they want.

2-3 years going unchallenged is a stretch. What if the Wii U is delayed like some in the business that say it might?
What if it cost's more than people expect? I still think the current XBOX and PS3 are still going to be competing for sales, you can get both for $200, both having a huge selection of some amazing games already.
Don't get me wrong the Wii U will be a big seller but I don't think "casual" crowd will be big buyers like the Wii. Nintendo made a huge mistake focusing on casual gamers at the cost of core gamers, and it is now paying for it.They lost a lot of money last quarter.
Still on the fence if I'm getting one at launch, no knowning the final retail price doesn't help much either. Cmon sept. 13.

Edited by Nintendo_Dragon, 27 August 2012 - 10:47 PM.

#37 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

I expressed my opinions on this subject, no need to be such a douche bag becuase you don't agree.
Yeah it's always great when a company loses over half a billion dollars and Iwata says "other stuff".
And about those casuals how did that work out with the Wii?
Sure they bought the system at first and then......that's it! They wouldn't buy more software and the Wil is now collecting dust somwhere in the corner.Granma and Granpa got bored of it quick.
I don't know why you turned it into a Nintendo won is the best blah.blah.blah crap!
Typical NINTENDO fanboy making absolutely no sense just spewing verbal diarrhea.
I wan't the Wii U to do well I just don't think it will sell as well as the Wii did, that's all my point was, no need to be such a loser becuase my opinion doesn't agree with yours.

Edited by MOFO, 28 August 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#38 Nintendo_Dragon

Nintendo_Dragon

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

I can't even begin to think of how to respond to that. Thats the way I am. I can be a total arrogant jacka$$. Get over it lifes rough. I could say so many things...But that would ruin the mystery. The surprise. The ultimate plan I have. I can see you're fairly new so I think its safe to say you arent familiar with how I work. Others on this site are all to familiar with me.

I expressed my opinions on this subject, no need to be such a douche bag becuase you don't agree.
Yeah it's always great when a company loses over half a billion dollars and Iwata says "other stuff".
And about those casuals how did that work out with the Wii?
Sure they bought the system at first and then......that's it! They wouldn't buy more software and the Wil is now collecting dust somwhere in the corner.Granma and Granpa got bored of it quick.
I don't know why you turned it into a Nintendo won is the best blah.blah.blah crap!
Typical NINTENDO fanboy making absolutely no sense just spewing verbal diarrhea.
I wan't the Wii U to do well I just don't think it will sell as well as the Wii did, that's all my point was, no need to be such a loser becuase my opinion doesn't agree with yours.

#39 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Not you again... -_-

Others on this site are all to familiar with me.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#40 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

I can't even begin to think of how to respond to that. Thats the way I am. I can be a total arrogant jacka$$. Get over it lifes rough. I could say so many things...But that would ruin the mystery. The surprise. The ultimate plan I have. I can see you're fairly new so I think its safe to say you arent familiar with how I work. Others on this site are all to familiar with me.

You only have 10 posts moron and who cares what you have to say or why, I know I definetly don't... too bad I just noticed your banned I guess the mystery and surprise went out the window along with your stupid "ultimate" plan.
Good riddance
Sorry to get off topic folks.

Edited by MOFO, 29 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, PS4, Xbox 720

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!