Photo

How do you want Zelda Wii U to be storywise?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

First I would like to mention the controls, I wouldn't want them to be like that in fact either keep motion controls or drop them completely. I like motion controls but it feels as skyward sword became easier with them, albeit using them became a chore with my nunchuck falling out every five seconds. I think it would be awkward to use the right stick to control the sword and would take alot of getting used to.

I think the graphics should change throughout the game, at first being bright and colour full and as you get deeper into the game it becomes dark, and scary (maybe enough to make it a 16 rated game) This could even be used as a part of the story say Zelda's mind is being used to alter hyrule and the neighbor city of Tyranesse - a strange place were evil roams freely often overflowing unto hyrule.

Link should have to hunt for food to survive as he has been thrown out of his village for accidently burning down the church a landmark that the loftwing soldiers use to find the village when they provide support for the festival of the trees.

Also link should get help against the final boss from the people who he helped.
Like there is two massive armys across the plains of hyrule field kinda like the horde battle but two billion times more massive

I love the Tyranesse idea, but I don't want Zelda to become kind of a survival game. I want Link to be chosen by the gods and do what they want.
Posted Image

#42 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Link should have to hunt for food to survive

I do not want my Zelda to be a survival game, feeding link would become a chore really quick

if you want that then play this >>> http://dayzmod.com/

#43 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

The only problem with that is that WW pointed towards Ganondorf being the great evil they flooded Hyrule to stop. Although I would love to see a return of Majora in a game. Maybe something back when Majora wasnt a mask and the demon was ruling Termina and Ikana with a reign of tyranny. Adult link living in the swamp wakes up one day and Majoras army marches in to the swamp and starts to burn everything and takes Links sweatheart (Zelda) and Link goes after her. When Majora slaghters its victims it turns them into masks for keepsakes, and this is the backstory of all masks in Hyrule and termina. As link traverses through the decrepit wasteland that Majora has destroyed, there is only a few settlements left, and the only come out at day for they fear the warriors of the night (Majoras Army) Link learns of an ancient power that Majora has been using to take the souls of people and turn them into Masks. He also learns of a Shield that has been broken and can block this power. He then goes off into various dungeons and fortresses collecting these shards. When he has them all, he learns there is no way to repair the shield, but the King of Ikana knows, he sets off to Ikana which has long been at war with Majora. He finds his way through the castle and he is just beat by Majora and his army, in a dying breath the king tells Link of four giants whos power can repair the shield. Link now goes to the swamp, Mtn, Bay, and finally back to Ikana to find the giants. They repair the shield and Link goes to Majoras keep in the middle of Termina Field (where clock town is) and fights his way through the keep and then faces off against Majora.(In the battle room all the masks in MM can be seen on mantles on the wall) Majora speaks in a sadistic tone and talks about Zelda's Demise and points to her mask on the wall. They begin fighting and the battle is remarkably more difficult than in MM and in the end Link cannot find a way to stop his god like powers. But when his shield is hit by a blast of light by Majora then it charges and shines, it can then relfect blasts. Link is forced to reflect his spell that turns people into masks and it turns Majora into a mask. At this moment the keep crashes down and all thats left is a clock tower. Link then journeys to hide the mask but gets lost and is attacks by ritualistic tribe and they steal his mask and and murder link, they then become afraid of the mask and lock it away because of the evil powers it possesses. The End.
That would be my perfect Zelda game.

DON'T KILL LINK!!!!!!

Edit: if you have to kill link and there is no other way at least make an awesome sequel where he is revived in a reasonable and totally believable way. And the sequel has to contain split screen co-op(and a still awesome single-player).
And if you will say I am asking for to much then remember that you are the one that killed link.

Edited by dyatir, 29 August 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#44 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Its a different link each time, so killing one off would mean nothing. The only time it wasnt a different link was in Majoras Mask and Ocarina.

Did you just forget WW-PH?
No sig.

#45 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:45 AM

Did you just forget WW-PH?

I didn't know they were the same. I never played PH, I disnt like controlling link, it became really annoying.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#46 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

I didn't know they were the same. I never played PH, I disnt like controlling link, it became really annoying.

IMO you should skip to spirit tracks. I didn't like PH. It was risky to make a sequel on a handheld of a game that started on a home console. You feel like the experience is way smaller. And usually a Zelda game has a good soundtrack, but not PH. It was horrible. The same music for every dungeon, and then back to the sea, and then again the same music... Spirit Tracks though was one of the best Zelda games ever. EVER.
Posted Image

#47 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

IMO you should skip to spirit tracks. I didn't like PH. It was risky to make a sequel on a handheld of a game that started on a home console. You feel like the experience is way smaller. And usually a Zelda game has a good soundtrack, but not PH. It was horrible. The same music for every dungeon, and then back to the sea, and then again the same music... Spirit Tracks though was one of the best Zelda games ever. EVER.

I played Spirit track and liked it, it was good for a handheldgame

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#48 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

I played Spirit track and liked it, it was good for a handheldgame

I know. I really liked the fact that you are actually riding a train.
Posted Image

#49 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

You also forgot The Legend of Zelda to Zelda II. Plus the Link in the Oracle games is the same. And the Link in Link's Awakening is either ALttP Link or Oracle Link, or maybe both (but that's a completely different timeline discussion).
Posted Image

#50 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

You also forgot The Legend of Zelda to Zelda II. Plus the Link in the Oracle games is the same. And the Link in Link's Awakening is either ALttP Link or Oracle Link, or maybe both (but that's a completely different timeline discussion).

Wand Of Gamelon, Faces of Evil and Zelda's Adventures. 'Nuff said.
Posted Image

#51 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Part Lord of the Rings, part Sword in the stone, part Skyrim, with some Soul Calibur thrown in.

In other words, like most Zelda games before it.

The story should be epic, like Lord of the rings, the character development should come with great surprises, discoveries, and rewards, like Sword in the Stone, the scale should be massive, like Skyrim, but toned down a bit to where you aren't simply wandering around, besieged by random enemies for more than half the gameplay, and the fighting should be decently involved and meaningful. To the point where you don't forget how to fight in between boss fights - in other words, don't have the game play a certain way for 85-90% and then all of a sudden thrust a need to play a different way all of a sudden.

And no more Ganondork please.

Plain Ganon. though the SS boss was what Ganon should have been...

And more story development as to why Link and Ganon would be enemies, other than link=good, ganon=bad. More of a destined rivalry type of narrative would be great.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 29 August 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#52 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Part Lord of the Rings, part Sword in the stone, part Skyrim, with some Soul Calibur thrown in.

The story should be epic, like Lord of the rings, the character development should come with great surprises, discoveries, and rewards, like Sword in the Stone, the scale should be massive, like Skyrim, but toned down a bit to where you aren't simply wandering around, besieged by random enemies for more than half the gameplay, and the fighting should be decently involved and meaningful. To the point where you don't forget how to fight in between boss fights - in other words, don't have the game play a certain way for 85-90% and then all of a sudden thrust a need to play a different way all of a sudden.

And more story development as to why Link and Ganon would be enemies, other than link=good, ganon=bad. More of a destined rivalry type of narrative would be great.

Skyward Sword clearly says why Ganon and Link are constantly fighting, even though Ganon is in fact rival with the King of Hyrule.

****SPOILER****

At the end of the game, Demise cursed the goddess, saying "Over the time will always be an ennemy getting in the way of Hyrule". This explains why there are always ennemies in the series, whether it's Ganon or not.

Edited by Alianjaro, 29 August 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#53 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

My story for the new zelda
Ben Comes Back From the dead, you fight ben, the end c;

#54 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

My story for the new zelda
Ben Comes Back From the dead, you fight ben, the end c;

Please... please... I'm so scared GAAAAH his story is creepy as shi...lamdi.
Posted Image

#55 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Skyward Sword clearly says why Ganon and Link are constantly fighting, even though Ganon is in fact rival with the King of Hyrule.

****SPOILER****

At the end of the game, Demise cursed the goddess, saying "Over the time will always be an ennemy getting in the way of Hyrule". This explains why there are always ennemies in the series, whether it's Ganon or not.

That's what I'm talking about.
I would like a deeper meaning between the ultimate adversarial relationship between these two. More personal, but without either realizing it until the end. Instead of frock vs. sauron, more of an Optimus vs megatron personal feel to flesh out the bad guy vs the world plus the hero type of vibe Zelda has always had. Of course it would have to be handled just right so as not to cheapen the epic scope of Gannon's threat.

And please no more generic bad guy names like "demise"
Lol
He was an awesome enemy and deserved a real name.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 30 August 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#56 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

What do you have against ganondorf, he's a more deep villain then Ganon, for Ganon is just a monster pig like thing. Although my favorite villain is Majora because of his psychotic ways. Majora=ganon x 100

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'd like a villain that doesn't start out as a villain. Progressively becomes evil because Hylian politics suck.

Hey, it would be cool if Zelda was the villain.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

It would be cool if link loves Zelda, but Zelda is in love with another man, when bad things start happening he takes Zelda to "be safe" after link gets involved in the conflict and finds the source of it, he realizes it was Zelda's love. Link then travels to find him and then slays him. Zelda gets angry and cuts her
Own head off... jk... Her and link
Live happily ever after

#59 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'd like a villain that doesn't start out as a villain. Progressively becomes evil because Hylian politics suck.

Hey, it would be cool if Zelda was the villain.

This. but not the rest. LOL

#60 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Alright let's not overrate ST, but yes it was better.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!