• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

So I just had an Idea for a multiplayer mode for a 3D mario it would be in the mario 64 castle and you would have up to 4 players at once and you can do missions together or alone kind of like GTA freeroam multiplayer mode and if you did them together then maybe the rules are a little bit different like if its a race down the hill then one person can win and take home the golden star and the other goes home in shame and has to redo the mission and also you can kind of screw with eachother by throwing them off cliffs or maybe you have a fire flower and you can burn them so you can get to the end first so tell me what you think

#2 PachanoP

PachanoP

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, ZombiU, Pikmin

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sounds Fun, but i don't know. i don't get an online mario.
________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 super mecha

super mecha

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

I dont know if free roam mulitplayer is that good of an idea. Sure the co op missions sound fun. But half the fun in GTA is being able to do what ever you want in a map that is far bigger and more detialed then anything they could hope to do on a 3ds (I could be wrong through). Dont forget about endless slaughter and evading the cops.

#4 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

I dont know if free roam mulitplayer is that good of an idea. Sure the co op missions sound fun. But half the fun in GTA is being able to do what ever you want in a map that is far bigger and more detialed then anything they could hope to do on a 3ds (I could be wrong through). Dont forget about endless slaughter and evading the cops.

It doesn't have to be on the 3ds it could be on the Wii U i don't mean 3d like stereoscopic i mean it as like Mario 64 3d

#5 super mecha

super mecha

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

It doesn't have to be on the 3ds it could be on the Wii U i don't mean 3d like stereoscopic i mean it as like Mario 64 3d

Ah, i dont know why i automaticly assumed it would be on a 3ds.

It could be good for kids. It does have potential to be as fun as Brawl or Mariokart, but i have some problems with stuff such as community and counitinous support

#6 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

I've honestly been thinking some similar stuff lately, so here's my opinion:

4 players would just get clustered way too quickly, and I just think 2 players max would work better overall. As far as gameplay is concerned, it wouldn't need to be complex. If we're looking at Mario 64, all you need is a jump, 'action' and crouch button, which the Wii U can very easily have with buttons to spare.

This next part is mostly just my ramblings, but there's a decent idea in it somewhere. Since the Wii U can support two of the new gamepads, why not let that be a focus? Have the TV act as something like a general map for the area the two players will be in, quick details about stars already collected, coin totals, display random hints and tricks every now and again, and maybe even have a sort of 'dynamic' camera switching between the two players as they roam around. The smaller screen on the gamepad would be where the core of the game actually takes place, so it's where you'd see Mario or Luigi or whoever running around stompin' on Goombas.

Of course, if that doesn't suit, both players could be in a slightly less involved split-screen with info on the pad, or maybe allow for a button on the touchscreen to swap between big screen and small screen at will. ie, Player 1 wants to use the big screen on the TV, but Player 2 would rather be on the pad. Player 1 presses a button on the touchscreen, the big screen splits down the middle and huzzah, he's playing on the TV and they're both happy.

Don't restrict the players to working in the same levels, either. The more freedom you have with this sort of thing, the more fun the game would end up. Maybe incorporate special co-op moves, like Player 1 picking up Player 2 and throwing him/her high up within the level to speed-run through certain areas, or Player 1 bouncing off Player 2's head to cross a large chasm, or anything, really. There's a lot of options and potential with something like this, and I feel that Nintendo could pull it off.

Just my two cents.

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:10 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this would not be fun at all??? I just think Mario 3D games should be for one person, and maybe another like in galaxy and galaxy 2, but the second player should have a minuscule role.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

if there will be multiplayer it should bein a more open world and you would be able to play with 4 people at most. there should be different games and worlds that you can go into when playing multiplayer online or offline. it would notify you that someone is trying to invite u to their game and u could obviously accept or deny it.

Signature_Fox.png

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Am I the only one who thinks this would not be fun at all??? I just think Mario 3D games should be for one person, and maybe another like in galaxy and galaxy 2, but the second player should have a minuscule role.

I don't really see a reason why 3D Mario games should only be for one person. Usually a new 3D Mario game is created to adapt to the changes and of the console and considering the new capabilities of the Wii U. I see no reason not to have some sort of online co-op/multiplayer.

2lvmghw.png

#10 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

I like the idea of a co-op mode. If you guys have played little big planet you may remember the 2 player areas where you could get extra stuff. They could have something like that except it could be more hidden. Like, a hidden entrance like you have to jump off a tree and wall jump into a special red pipe. Once you enter the new area you would have to work together to get past obstacles. Or it could be a race like somebody said.
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Just my two cents.

But, you're Australian.

WE DON'T DO TWO CENTS ANYMORE!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

But, you're Australian.

WE DON'T DO TWO CENTS ANYMORE!

THIS GUY!

Before this derails entirely, multiplayer 3D Mario would be awesome.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Ok well, I found my laugh.

I want it so you can make your own stage. Then you can use the internet to send that as a challenge to your friends. Of course, similar to that of Pushmo challenges, you have to make sure it's a completable challenge before sending it out by finishing it yourself.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!