• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

iv worked out the disc load speed its 2.5 x faster than ps3s bluray i bet some of that ram is also a disc cacth like gamecube for even faster loading say 4 x ps3 it would only need 32mb or so to do that i hope so

no just makes it par with current gen! which is a fantastic outcome

fanboy GO AWAY i fail to see how way above ps3 is this gen i fail to see how gamepad is this gen i fail to see how wm+ isnt next gen

i fail to see how a disc system that loads minimum 2.5 x ps3 bluray is this gen TAKE YOUR FANBOYISM ELSEWHERE DUALSHOCK IS 1996 NOT CURRENT GEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps3 os 40-ish mb ram wiiu os upto 1gb ram i think im looking at NEXT GENERATION

2GB ram vs PS3 512MB ram yes its this gen there used to be comady films in the uk called carry on films we had carry on camping carry on doctor etc

so carry on fanboying fanboy

Edited by thehappening, 13 September 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#22 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

lol sorry im not a fanvoy i just had to do it im sorry

lol sorry im not a fanvoy i just had to do it im sorry

can i just say that japenese xonference even though i didnt underatand anything was 10 times better than e3 2012

iv worked out the disc load speed its 2.5 x faster than ps3s bluray i bet some of that ram is also a disc cacth like gamecube for even faster loading say 4 x ps3 it would only need 32mb or so to do that i hope so

fanboy GO AWAY i fail to see how way above ps3 is this gen i fail to see how gamepad is this gen i fail to see how wm+ isnt next gen

i fail to see how a disc system that loads minimum 2.5 x ps3 bluray is this gen TAKE YOUR FANBOYISM ELSEWHERE DUALSHOCK IS 1996 NOT CURRENT GEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2GB ram vs PS3 512MB ram yes its this gen there used to be comady films in the uk called carry on films we had carry on camping carry on doctor etc

dude relax it was a joke im all for wii u and yes carry on movies r awesome carry on behind was the best then carry on camping

#23 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Ya, they did so with the 3DS so no reason for them not to do it on the wii u if it's really needed.

Also, The OS of miiverse along with having things like browsers and voicechat on in the background would need a lot of ram.

It either means that, or dual gpu.
I've heard GPGPU refer to dual gpu more so than what wiki says.

GPGPU is not dual GPU, iwata saying it's a GPGPU isn't really saying much well considering this tech has been in PC graphics cards for years (Intel Quick Sync, Nvidia Cuda, AMD APP and OpenCL). I don't know if it impacts games or not, but what GPGPU does it's a feature of the GPU that allows it to compute things that normal a CPU would do. It puts less strain on the CPU and in somecases the work being done gets done faster. This is common in Video encoding programs and video editting suites that allow rendering and encoding to be done on the GPU.

It's similar to what Nvidia Physx does, normally Phsyx is done on the CPU but if you have an Nvidia card that is Physx capable (which is properietary tech but uses the GPGPU model) it will also be able to do the calculations on the GPU putting less strain on the CPU.

EDIT: Nintendo Network Premium announced, 10% of Download Software a year.
Only for 32 GB Bundle Owners, Free until December 2014

can someone confirm the 10% off software downloads, some say you get 10% back in points. At least that's what I gathered and what GoNintendo listed.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 13 September 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#24 Jasper

Jasper

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

At least we know the RAM and the disc speed are good. I'm still not too excited about the processor, though.

Also, it seems expensive.

#25 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

1GB OS Memory?!? That's crazy, we're talking Windows 7 quality here!!! I better hope teh browser can be used while gaming, with 1GB I hope complete multi-tasking is available, TBH I hope the second controller can play a movie while you play a game on the gamepad with that memory. Kinday hoped that only 512MB would be dedicated.

Totally hyped that the PREMIUM console will only be £249.99

Plus I can get an extra £20 I can get an extra 32GB in SD card memory

EDIT: I also heard that Iwata said the WiiU is 20x the Wii power

Actually, straight conversion would point to the $400 premium and $340ish I mentioned before. But Nintendo is a savvy company with finances. It is possible that they can get a basic system at $299 and premium at $349 with minimal loss.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 13 September 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#26 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

TBH I hope the second controller can play a movie while you play a game on the gamepad with that memory

Oh snap, did not think of it that way, but wouldn't that affect performance of a game, the funny thing is despite current consoles being powerful systems, they are still ancient in terms of that they are single task machines. I justhope on the Wii U i can download while I play a game. And yes you can't do that on a PS3 or 360.

#27 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Ugh confusing carp here. I hope they reveal even more specs today.
No sig.

#28 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

yes thats the point its a streaming and multi tasking home entertainment hub someone on the net or net flix or a flash drive file etc whilst someone else plays games on the tv set FREAKING AMAZING

but theres a but a BIG BUT how much of the cpu and gpu are being used to support this is there 1 of those 3 cores not used for games the cores are core zero core one and core two is core 1/2 for games and core 0 for OS i hope not GET A ARM CPU IN THERE FOR OS PLEASE LOL

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

yes thats the point its a streaming and multi tasking home entertainment hub someone on the net or net flix or a flash drive file etc whilst someone else plays games on the tv set FREAKING AMAZING

but theres a but a BIG BUT how much of the cpu and gpu are being used to support this is there 1 of those 3 cores not used for games the cores are core zero core one and core two is core 1/2 for games and core 0 for OS i hope not GET A ARM CPU IN THERE FOR OS PLEASE LOL

That's what power 7 architecture is for...
ESP if its still a quad.

#30 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

The Wii was 25.000 yen and 250USD at launch. So Wii U will be that too, plus a 300 version.
No sig.

#31 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

The Wii was 25.000 yen and 250USD at launch. So Wii U will be that too, plus a 300 version.

If you're assuming the premium version will retail for 349.

I think at $299 they'll pack in a game.

#32 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

Yay, the ranted is ranting on our side finally!!!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#33 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Somewhat expensive console, but these are not American numbers so it will probably be a little cheaper. Gamepad is very expensive however, and I'm a bit worried about that. I think most people will be buying the Wii U Pro controller at this point.

Also, there was a lack of 3rd party game information which has me a bit worried as well. I was expecting new game announcements, like Retro's. That may still happen in the American conference (especially for western developers), so we'll see.

Edited by SpacePope, 13 September 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#34 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

This better launch before black Friday in America, or it would be suicide, December 8th is last minute Christmas shopping. Cause Americans go out and Christmas shop right when the decorations are in stores. Which is early November.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#35 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:58 AM

POWER 7

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /
. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..` )

no just makes it par with current gen! which is a fantastic outcome

7x480p total res 2 x screen 1 wirless 120 frames can u link a youtube of ps3 doing this or can you link me to ps3 doing 1024x600p 60 frames and thats your lot COD

Edited by thehappening, 13 September 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#36 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

what makes u think i hav a ps3? i dont own one nor do i own a 360 i own a wii and its wat i like to keep my dust on

#37 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

I heard that the price of the pad "translated" from yen is €130?! That's financial suicide almost.

If you're assuming the premium version will retail for 349.

I think at $299 they'll pack in a game.

Let's hope! I want a Mario bundle dammit.
No sig.

#38 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

When the 3DS XL was announced, the price from Japan came out to about $240. But then it was announced it would cost $200. So don't worry about these prices.

I'm glad that they are coming out with a optional Wii U with more powerful specs. (+ Premium, that should be nice.)

GAAAAAAHHHHHHH TODAY IS THE DAY!

Edited by Blake, 13 September 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Last chance for some people to grab some common sense.

The machine draws 75 watts under max load. You aren't getting a generation jump like ps2 to ps3.

360 draws a 175 watts.

Improving technology will make more effecient parts per watt, but as a general rule of thumb, if you are going to keep the same performance RATIO, you end up with power draw roughly in the same ball park.... Not less than half.

IE NOT a double gpu, its a general purpose gpu. Something that's actually been known for a while now, and I mentioned before in older posts.

I swear to gunpei if I see any moronic over hyped lunatics break down trolling when complete specs are released I'm going to be so freaking pissed.

Oh, and for the happening, abnormal power draw variability pretty much again confirms power 7.

Power 7 cores are completely coherent cores, they can, dynamically at will increase clock speed..... And power draw as needed to meet demand.

Which is why you have a power draw of 40 watts on average, which can shoot up to a ceiling of 75 watts.

Should have read the official documentation I posted.

Edited by 3Dude, 13 September 2012 - 04:12 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#40 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

Welp, I guess I'll be picking up that black model after all
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!