• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Ok, Nintendo Direct was great. We have two Wii U bundles, Nintendo Land is with one of them, blah blah blah....BLAH!

I still have questions though.
Can you play GameCube games on the Virtual Console?
Is there any achievement system?

The software launch lineup isn't too impressive either, so far I can only name 1 or 2 games that I want. New Super Mario Bros U being my most wanted game. Where's Pikmin?

Hopefully we will have another Nintendo Direct before the Wii U launch so they answer some of my questions.

I'm still getting a Wii U. I want the Premium bundle, not sure whether to get the normal Premium with Nintendo Land or the one with ZombiU.

What are your thoughts?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Their will be achievements, No official word on gamecube virtual console games other that they are looking into it. I personally find the game lineup badass.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Their will be achievements, No official word on gamecube virtual console games other that they are looking into it. I personally find the game lineup badass.

It is good as a whole but the day one lineup is pretty bad. I might get NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU and Mass Effect 3: Special Edition and a Pro Controller if I have enough money.

Edited by The Doctor, 13 September 2012 - 09:18 AM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm not stoked about the launch lineup as I am with the console as a whole. But I gotta get some kind of game, preferably an online one. Dragon Quest X Online hasn't bee announced for outside of Japan, and it won't be ready until next year anyway. If only Nintendo Land and NSMBU had online multiplayer.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

Japan can get DQX bundles and MH3HD bundles too.
Europe gets ZombiU bundle, which will probably be my choice.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Japan can get DQX bundles and MH3HD bundles too.
Europe gets ZombiU bundle, which will probably be my choice.

I would love to have Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest for launch but doesn't come until March. :(

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

I so hope DQX comes out west!
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Oh yeah and I forgot...BAYONNETTA 2!!!!!!!!

#9 Jasper

Jasper

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

And the wonderful 101.

Wii yeah Platinum games.

#10 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I'd buy the ZombiU Premium Pack. It's got ZombiU and Pro controller included. It's the same price as the one with Nintendo Land...as far as I've heard.

#11 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Not impressed with the Nintendo Direct, it was underwhelming for me. I'm still excited for the Wii U - I just wasn't impressed with the presentation today.

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Not impressed with the Nintendo Direct, it was underwhelming for me. I'm still excited for the Wii U - I just wasn't impressed with the presentation today.

I guess to each his or her own. I'm really happen with it.
Posted Image

#13 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, to each for sure. I think my problem is I got too hyped up for the Nintendo Direct. So, it's possible I just got my expectations too high.

Edited by JHardin1112, 13 September 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Yeah, to each for sure. I think my problem is I got too hyped up for the Nintendo Direct. So, it's possible I just got my expectations too high.

I understand completely. For me Bayonetta 2 coming out and being exclusive made me very confident in Wii U's 3rd party support. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was icing on the cake.
Posted Image

#15 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

I understand completely. For me Bayonetta 2 coming out and being exclusive made me very confident in Wii U's 3rd party support. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was icing on the cake.

Never played the original Bayonetta, but it seems that people are getting excited about the sequel being on Wii U. Perhaps Nintendo is moving into the more mature arena. As for Monster Hunter 3, I'm interested to see it as time goes on. I believe it comes out in March of 2013.

Hey, I have a question. I have made more than 5 posts, but I can't access the chat room, is this a common issue?

Also, I write for another Nintendo Fan Site and we are hosting a couple of competitions on our forums. One for Kid Icarus Uprising and the other for Mario Kart 7. Both competitions will have prizes, but the MK7 competition is the biggest, as we will be giving away a Wii U as a grand prize.

You interested? Or do you know anyone who is interested? I can't advertise the site on here, but if you wanted to know more I can PM you.

One more thing...I just checked out your blog - Do you repair any Sega console? I had a busted Dreamcast that the power would cut off after a couple of seconds. I had it for years and finally sold it on ebay just last month....only made 10 bucks....

#16 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Never played the original Bayonetta, but it seems that people are getting excited about the sequel being on Wii U. Perhaps Nintendo is moving into the more mature arena. As for Monster Hunter 3, I'm interested to see it as time goes on. I believe it comes out in March of 2013.

Hey, I have a question. I have made more than 5 posts, but I can't access the chat room, is this a common issue?

Also, I write for another Nintendo Fan Site and we are hosting a couple of competitions on our forums. One for Kid Icarus Uprising and the other for Mario Kart 7. Both competitions will have prizes, but the MK7 competition is the biggest, as we will be giving away a Wii U as a grand prize.

You interested? Or do you know anyone who is interested? I can't advertise the site on here, but if you wanted to know more I can PM you.

One more thing...I just checked out your blog - Do you repair any Sega console? I had a busted Dreamcast that the power would cut off after a couple of seconds. I had it for years and finally sold it on ebay just last month....only made 10 bucks....

Usually after 5 you should be able to....I would be interested...and Yes I repair them all. On the DC It's usually an issue with the power connection dislodging from the main board. Easy fix.
Posted Image

#17 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

A bunch of text was here

Posts on certain sections are not counted into your overall post count. This might be the reason for this.

--x--x--x--x--

Considering I was not expecting much after the E3 fiasco, this blew me away. It really convinced me that my family might enjoy this system a lot more as well, and it won't be a solo venture. Those sorts of these make me really happy :3

#18 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Same. I thought it was very nice.

#19 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Great minds think alike D
Posted Image

#20 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Really excited for Nsmbu and Zombiu and the imminent launch of Bayonetta 2
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!