Photo

is wii u going to fail what do you think or is it a hit?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

i just am worried for nintendo and want them to win the hearts of gamers again as the wii did

#2 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

The wii u will be the next snes.

It's funny how Nintendo is entering into development agreements with new studios seemingly every day.

People are excited. When you are motivated, you create great things. People are motivated.

The wii u looked odd a couple years ago. Now, it seems like a no brainer. And you can bet ms and Sony will follow nintendos convention.

There wouldn't be such excitement if the console didn't look like a forward looking success.

#3 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

It'll be fine!
With all the support it's getting from developers and fans, how COULD it fail?!?!
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#4 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

It's not going to fail. In my eyes this console will undoubtedly win the console race. By the way I love Sony too.

You guys don't need to worry about WiiU tanking, it has developers up the a** making games for it. And there is a lot of hype and interest in it. Plus it's gonna bring back the non-casual market back and cater to the casual market too. How can they go wrong with that? It will work. I love my casual games and non-casual games. Nintendo is doing everything right this time around.

Also do not forget about the Nintendo TVii service. That is just insanely amazing. I love it and to me was one of the most exciting things I saw at the conference. I love how it is so intuitive and brings everything together on one console. I know that Nintendo TVii alone will help to sell the system.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#5 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

The Wii U is going to be fine. Haters will hate, but we all know Nintendo is the ultimate gaming developer. People fear and toss dirt at things they do not understand. We live in a generation where most people would rather have extreme graphics than innovation. With evolution, this was inevitable and will never change. Nintendo holds by what they were known for and that's why I respect them. Sure, most of the games I've ever owned were on Sony consoles, but I've always felt Nintendo could change that, and now they can.

I wish I can go back to the 90s. THOSE were the best gaming years. Hands down.

Edited by Graff, 13 September 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

The Wii U is going to be fine. Haters will hate, but we all know Nintendo is the ultimate gaming developer. People fear and toss dirt at things they do not understand. We live in a generation where most people would rather have extreme graphics than innovation. With evolution, this was inevitable and will never change. Nintendo holds by what they were known for and that's why I respect them. Sure, most of the games I've ever owned were on Sony consoles, but I've always felt Nintendo could change that, and now they can.

I wish I can go back to the 90s. THOSE were the best gaming years. Hands down.

Oh yes the 90s was by far the greatest time for gaming. SNES and PS1 are probably the two greatest systems ever made. And everything in games was so new and fresh. Ideas were coming out left and right. Unique mechanics were always being used. It seemed like back then developers were out to make a game that people remembered forever. And that was completely new for it's time. *Sigh* Hopefully gaming can return to that. That's one of the reasons why I really like the WiiU so far, because it seems like it's going to take gaming back into the style of the 90s with all the new ideas and ways to play.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

"B-but it doesn't play blu-rays!"

It'll do fine. Lots of people are pre-ordering the system, so that's a good sign.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#8 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Let me put it this way, yesterday was the day that Sony cried.

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

Nintendo is going to hit a home run with the Wii U. As stated By Socal, I believe this will be like Nintendo's next SNES.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

Wii U is gonna be amazing.
Sony and Microsoft fanboys:
Now its your turn to not get the good games!!!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

Wii U is gonna be amazing.
Sony and Microsoft fanboys:
Now its your turn to not get the good games!!!

Wait...Microsoft fanboys play stuff besides call of duty and halo?
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

I loled

#13 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

The Wii U is going to be a hit. The past E3 and this past Nintendo Direct string proved that they are serious about the console having things for everyone, and it has the strongest launch lineup of any system I've ever seen.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#14 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:22 AM

Lmao. Now work is gonna be good today.

#15 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

The launch is not going to be a hit as the Wii was, and it won't be a failure what the PS3 was. Remember, launches are often for mainly core fans and for some casual gifts (Present for the family at christmas, something like that), what would be interesting is a year from, where the other consoles come into pricing

#16 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

The Wii U is going to succeed, they got a list of launch day titles and launch window that will keep you going for a while. Yeah, some titles like Batman and Mass Effect has been out for a while on other consoles, but it's good for those who haven't played them or only had a Nintendo console to experience them. There are also great games with Zombi U, Rayman, Scribblenauts...stuff for all ages and kind of player, not just mainly kids and causal players anymore. I think Nintendo learned from the Wii and they want to aim for everyone...you can have a collection for yourself if you prefer shooters and more hardcore games, have a collection for your kids, and some for a party.

#17 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

After that conference, I think they're doing a great job at making a system that both hardcore and casual gamers will want. I think it'll do great.

#18 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Please, since when has Nintendo ever actually failed? (Except maybe the Virtual Boy)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#19 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Xbox fanboys. They have no idea what Microsoft is.

#20 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

It'll be fine!
With all the support it's getting from developers and fans, how COULD it fail?!?!

I liked your post because of your Drake and Josh quote in your sig.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!