Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

POPULAR

A thought that has occurred to me as of recently is that Nintendo Land is one of Nintendo's strategies for a big advertisement for themselves. And I do not mean that there will be gigantic billboards having ads on them, but instead the game itself will advertise. Think of yourself as new to Nintendo consoles and you buy Nintendo Land cause it has Mario on it. Then you discover these other attractions and enjoy ones such as Metroid Blast. Then a new Metroid game comes out and you think, "Hey, I liked that attraction on Nintendo Land, I want to play the actual game!". Then they buy a game that they never would have bought without the experience on Nintendo Land. This will especially help for lesser known franchises such as Pikmin, F-Zero, etc.. What do you guys think, does this strategy seem like it will work?

Edited by SolxBurst, 16 September 2012 - 10:31 AM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#2 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

I think it will help revive interests for game series like F Zero.

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

This has been my thoughts on Nintendo Land ever since it was announced. This could only be good for us major Nintendo fans who want new installments in our favorite franchises.
Posted Image

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yeah that's actually pretty smart done.

28gxdv8.png

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

I've been thinking this since I heard about it back at E3.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Nintendo is brilliant when it comes to marketing their products - case and point
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

ur absolutely right and smash bros has been doing the same thing since the original. i never would have known about fire emblem without smash bros. when i heard the music i loved it and looked into the games. now i really want the 3DS one :) its a great strategy
Posted Image

#8 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Obviously.....?
Posted Image

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

A thought that has occurred to me as of recently is that Nintendo Land is one of Nintendo's strategies for a big advertisement for themselves. And I do not mean that there will be gigantic billboards having ads on them, but instead the game itself will advertise. Think of yourself as new to Nintendo consoles and you buy Nintendo Land cause it has Mario on it. Then you discover these other attractions and enjoy ones such as Metroid Blast. Then a new Metroid game comes out and you think, "Hey, I liked that attraction on Nintendo Land, I want to play the actual game!". Then they buy a game that they never would have bought without the experience on Nintendo Land. This will especially help for lesser known franchises such as Pikmin, F-Zero, etc.. What do you guys think, does this strategy seem like it will work?

That's one of the criticisms Nintendo received with this plan that Nintendo believes that by people playing these taster games they will end up buying the real games. The problem Nintendo realised was that the people that bought Wii Fit etc didn't exactly buy the main nintendo franchises as the number of sales didn't match those of Wii Fit.

So that's Nintendo's plan but we have no idea how effective it's going to be, if it does than it'll be a success. It's a gamble, the rewards are high and so are the losses.

#10 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

That's one of the criticisms Nintendo received with this plan that Nintendo believes that by people playing these taster games they will end up buying the real games. The problem Nintendo realised was that the people that bought Wii Fit etc didn't exactly buy the main nintendo franchises as the number of sales didn't match those of Wii Fit.

So that's Nintendo's plan but we have no idea how effective it's going to be, if it does than it'll be a success. It's a gamble, the rewards are high and so are the losses.

Last I checked, Wii Fit didn't feature other Nintendo franchises as mini-games.

While games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports might have had a small cameo here and there, Nintendo Land is quite literally designed to show off Nintendo's main franchises to otherwise unaware "casual gamers". To say that this won't generate at least some attention to these franchises is ridiculous. The way I see it, this could only pay off well for Nintendo.
Posted Image

#11 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Last I checked, Wii Fit didn't feature other Nintendo franchises as mini-games.

While games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports might have had a small cameo here and there, Nintendo Land is quite literally designed to show off Nintendo's main franchises to otherwise unaware "casual gamers". To say that this won't generate at least some attention to these franchises is ridiculous. The way I see it, this could only pay off well for Nintendo.

A slight misundestanding, what I was saying was that nintendo realised that the amount of people that bought the Wii and bought Wii Fit didn't really buy the other Nintendo titles and therefore went with this Nintendo Land plan. That's what Nintendo realised, the criticism given to Nintendo is that those casuals may not know those franchises in the first place to warrant a purchase of Nintendo Land if they get the basic bundle which I'm assuming is going to be the only one on shelves as the deluxe and premium bundles will sell out first.

I would pay off hugely for Nintendo however, it could be a waste of resources if it doesn't push as many units as they had hoped for both Nintendo Land and their key IPs.

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

A slight misundestanding, what I was saying was that nintendo realised that the amount of people that bought the Wii and bought Wii Fit didn't really buy the other Nintendo titles and therefore went with this Nintendo Land plan. That's what Nintendo realised, the criticism given to Nintendo is that those casuals may not know those franchises in the first place to warrant a purchase of Nintendo Land if they get the basic bundle which I'm assuming is going to be the only one on shelves as the deluxe and premium bundles will sell out first.

I would pay off hugely for Nintendo however, it could be a waste of resources if it doesn't push as many units as they had hoped for both Nintendo Land and their key IPs.

Oh. I see what you're saying now. Sorry about that. ^_^
Posted Image

#13 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I didn't think of that! But this game is going to be like a nintendo heaven. I've never played Metroid, but the minigame for it looks really fun! The pikmin game looks fun too.
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#14 Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    anime,manga and dark souls and nintendo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

I am also looking forward to nintendoland I like how its like a carnival type theme.

03b39b16-9b68-44b8-b23f-58b49be0cf88.jpg

#15 WolfeManthe1st

WolfeManthe1st

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

I wish that Nintendo Land came with the Basic Version of Wii U ( I'm Probaly Getting Basic). I can't wait!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo Land, Nintendo, Advertisement, franchises

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!