Photo

What is the Point of the Hub in Nintendo Land?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

It seems a little Gimmicky to me, considering they could have just put in a simple menu for all the Games?

IMO just a waste of development time, UNLESS there are Hidden secrets that we don't know about?

What do u guys think?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 JHardin1112

JHardin1112

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

I think it's meant to draw you into the world of Nintendo and all its IP's. The whole 'theme park' or 'carnival' feel to the game. The excitement of running from one attraction to the next and all that.

I agree, they could just do a simple menu - but for me that would be too bland. I wasn't too convinced after E3, in fact I thought it looked pretty lame. However, after last Thursday I opened up to it a little more. So maybe it's one of those things you just need to try before buying. Or, if you are getting the Deluxe Wii U, you should give it a shot since it will be a pack in game.

#3 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

In the hub you'll be able to see all the collectibles you've earned like the Miis dressed as Link. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I was also under the impression you can see your friends Mii's as well...just can't play with them, but you can see what their up to
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

i don't mind it, I'mm sure you will be able to into the game just as quick.

Edited by stephen, 17 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#6 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

Immersion.

#7 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Immersion.

Basically what I was thinking. I was also under the impression that you'd be able to collect collectibles and also have your friend's Miis show up in the park.

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#8 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Well whats so cool about a menu?
The hub from what it looks like, you could buy stuff there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!