• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

I used to be heavily invloved in another Wii site back when the Wii was brand new. I made a league for Mario Kart in which we met up at a certain time each week and played a set of 8 races and I kept a points system. It was somewhat successful but b/c of the Wii's lack of mutiplayer friedlyness (i dont know what else to call it, the lack of ease to play with others/friends) it just got very frustrating with all the Friend Codes and what not.

I'm really looking forward to the new Wii and hopefully a revamped mutiplayer community. I love to make leagues using excel where the same people meet up for a certain ammount of weeks at the same time and compete for a season. The games I will be most intrested in doing these is Mario Kart whenever that comes out along with Fortune Street and even COD BO2.
I know this is just an intro so I'll save the full descriptions of how my leagues will work for when the time comes but I look forward to meeting you guys.

A little about me,

I just had my first little girl (7 weeks) and teach P.E. and coach Cross Country for a living, best job ever!
I've gone by the following handles just in case someone else has migrated to here from another site that I've been a part of:

wii4pe
Kovalchuk

See you out there!

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

Welcome to the forums, good to see more older gamers join. Me and dUStin are the old guys here! I see one of your usernames is kovalchuk, are you a hockey fan?
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Love the NHL, sadly I'm in Atlanta so...well you know that whole story, 10 years/1 playoff appearence in a sport where half the teams get to go, what did they expect would happen to the fanbase, it was the sorryiest management I've ever seen in a professional organization. Is there anything better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs, no, there is not.

#4 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

Welcome to the forums!

e674231265.jpg

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Love the NHL, sadly I'm in Atlanta so...well you know that whole story, 10 years/1 playoff appearence in a sport where half the teams get to go, what did they expect would happen to the fanbase, it was the sorryiest management I've ever seen in a professional organization. Is there anything better than the Stanley Cup Playoffs, no, there is not.

Good to see fans down there. I'm in Buffalo so I understand your passion. Hockey is a way of life here. Did you move onto the Jets? You might not wait long. I heard plenty of rumors of Atlanta hosting a new team by 2015/16. A lot of buyers showed up to late.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Really? wow, everyone around here says it will be another 20 years. Then again I remember their being people intrested in buying the Thrashers but they probably want a fresh start with a new name to avoid the stigma that was attached to the Thrashers. We've got an awesome arena for it. Hope your right.

#7 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

welcome to the forums, :)
I'm also looking forward to the new online community and Miiverse on the Wii U, I hope it lives up to what it's said to be.
If you have a 3ds We have a mk7 community here, we don't have times or leagues or anything but if you want to play we just usually go onto the chat and ask people if the want to play or not.

Didn't Iwata say Miiverse would be on 3ds eventually, or am I making things up?

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#8 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

No 3DS for me, I'm not crazy about gaming on the go. In fact, I kindda find it disturbing how many families I see out together where the mom and dad are fixated on there smartphones while there kids are glued to a 3DS. There's a time and place for gaming and it should not be 24/7. 3DS is great for a long car/plane ride though just not everywhere all the time you know?

#9 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

No 3DS for me, I'm not crazy about gaming on the go. In fact, I kindda find it disturbing how many families I see out together where the mom and dad are fixated on there smartphones while there kids are glued to a 3DS. There's a time and place for gaming and it should not be 24/7. 3DS is great for a long car/plane ride though just not everywhere all the time you know?

I agree, I don't usually take my 3ds out But its great for car journeys and when your staying somewhere boring. I Actually haven't seen many people out and about with a 3ds, Apart from the time I was at my sister's music concert and 2 children were playing mariokart and making a racket. that was annoying -___-

Edited by stephen, 17 September 2012 - 09:54 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#10 Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    anime,manga and dark souls and nintendo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

welcome to the forum stephen nice to meet you

03b39b16-9b68-44b8-b23f-58b49be0cf88.jpg

#11 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Welcome to the forum.

So, did you pre-order a Wii U yet?

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#12 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

I gave my parents the link, I'm gonna wait for Christmas to have one, I've got Masters work to do until then. Who is Stephen? lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!