#2 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Should probably avoid negative reviews. If you like it, it doesn't matter if other people don't agree.

It's called "Wii U", not "Wii Them".

Edited by Graff, 17 September 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#3 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ps3 fanboys and 360 fanboys are working overtime.

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Should probably avoid negative reviews. If you like it, it doesn't matter if other people don't agree.

It's called "Wii U", not "Wii Them".

I google Wii U every day. It's hard to avoid negative news.

Posted Image

#5 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

PSNext 4k? Please, current affordable graphics cards have trouble running games at decent quality at 2560X1600 at 60fps. 4K is a no go, but the thing is current GPUs (Nvidia 600 series and AMD 7000) series can support 4K output, for like movies and computer desktops, but games are just a no go.

If these people want to say the Wii U is going to be outdated at least do some research, state that how games like starwars 1313 are a clear example of what next gen should be and that if rumours of the Wii U having a R700 GPU then it will be in trouble, as recently the 7000 and 600 series GPUs have had a major architecture change, that allows them to get crazy performance and with technologies like TXAA, offer FXAA at a lower hit at frame rates.

That's what they should be comparing, a lot of these Nintendo are losing articles have no idea about game performance, they know nothing about the PC gaming space to even try to understand the console gaming space.

#6 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

stop gap OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHI SEE IL BE ADVANCED GAMING ON THE BEST VIDEO GAME COMPANYS CONSOLE UNTIL ANOTHER VERSION OF DUALSHOCK ARRIVES AND A SLOW LOADING MOVIE DISC IN PS4 OK I GOT IT NOW

ENJOYING INNOVATION AND VAST SUPERIORITY IS A PART TIME THING THEN I GET DUALSHOCK 4 WITH PS4 AND DO REAL GAMING WITH LONG LOAD TIMES APE MAN CONTROLLERS AND POOR BUILD QAULITY I SEE SILLY Mii I SHOUYLD HAVE GUESSED BUYING WIIU WAS STUPID IM SUCH A DUMB CASUAL

WiiU GPU is based on AMD HD 4670 8 rops and 320 stream processors and 32mb edram i tell you now the vgleaks and iwata event and break down of numbers its clearly based on 4670 maybe the 16 pipe 4850/70 but all leaks suggest 8 rops

cpu = 3x core powerpc esspresso and gpu 7 is based on amd 4670

MB

PSNext 4k? Please, current affordable graphics cards have trouble running games at decent quality at 2560X1600 at 60fps. 4K is a no go, but the thing is current GPUs (Nvidia 600 series and AMD 7000) series can support 4K output, for like movies and computer desktops, but games are just a no go.

If these people want to say the Wii U is going to be outdated at least do some research, state that how games like starwars 1313 are a clear example of what next gen should be and that if rumours of the Wii U having a R700 GPU then it will be in trouble, as recently the 7000 and 600 series GPUs have had a major architecture change, that allows them to get crazy performance and with technologies like TXAA, offer FXAA at a lower hit at frame rates.

That's what they should be comparing, a lot of these Nintendo are losing articles have no idea about game performance, they know nothing about the PC gaming space to even try to understand the console gaming space.

res above 1080p is irrelivent consoles play on tvs the amount of 4k nonsense i see is shocking and again its people callinmg resolution graphics there INEPT

can anyone tell me this i cannot find the info i did once know it but im kinda at a loss the x360s 10mb edram is it 256bit bus to gpu or 512 bit im sure it was 256 bit as the gddr3 was 128 bit

512 vs 256 bits edram,,, i just want to get the numbers right im sure wiiu will be 512 bit or dual 512bit if theres a texture catch in there

Edited by thehappening, 17 September 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#7 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

res above 1080p is irrelivent consoles play on tvs the amount of 4k nonsense i see is shocking and again its people callinmg resolution graphics there INEPT

can anyone tell me this i cannot find the info i did once know it but im kinda at a loss the x360s 10mb edram is it 256bit bus to gpu or 512 bit im sure it was 256 bit as the gddr3 was 128 bit

512 vs 256 bits edram,,, i just want to get the numbers right im sure wiiu will be 512 bit or dual 512bit if theres a texture catch in there

You're right, 4K pannels are $20,000 they won't reach mass market until the end of the decade, and yes it's stupid to see how people believe the resolution is an indication of what the graphics are going to be like.

When ever mentions 4K gaming, I just laugh at them, current hardware can't run those resolutions to play the game in the same quality as you can in 1080p, and wont for a considerable number of years. By the time we get to that, games running in 1080p/1200p or even 2560X1600 will look a lot better and getter better frame rates than a 4K game.

People just don't understand that.

#8 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

exactly a console gen based on a tv userbase that doesnt exist, in a time of global econnomic collapes its like watching fox's breed its scary lol hehe...

i love those who compare differant hardware in a like for like way, its so beyond funny wiiu could be 3x the machine a pc would at the same on paper spec, a pc is in fact a very very unrefined and non efficent beast pc i etc buses are like so out dated and slow its hilarious watching them BIG THEM UP

agianst ps3 and x360 the wiiu is a big leap power wise and resultion support wise qouting the latest $2000 graphics card with 3 gb ram is pc fanboys going insane again thats like 1% of the pcs in the world LOL

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

exactly a console gen based on a tv userbase that doesnt exist, in a time of global econnomic collapes its like watching fox's breed its scary lol hehe...

i love those who compare differant hardware in a like for like way, its so beyond funny wiiu could be 3x the machine a pc would at the same on paper spec, a pc is in fact a very very unrefined and non efficent beast pc i etc buses are like so out dated and slow its hilarious watching them BIG THEM UP

agianst ps3 and x360 the wiiu is a big leap power wise and resultion support wise qouting the latest $2000 graphics card with 3 gb ram is pc fanboys going insane again thats like 1% of the pcs in the world LOL

Yeah, it's possible to get 4K resolution in games by Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround but to get higher performance you're looking at Dual GPU cards at the moment with large frame buffers.

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

If someone gonna write an article, they might as well know what there talking about. They missed the whole concept of
Tvii. They don't know the power of system since they claimed it was ps360 power, when it is a great amount more powerful, and they know nothing about the other next gen console except fan created speculation. Sony will NOT have 4k resolution, and Microsoft will NOT have projection gaming because not everyone has the money to pay for a 1000 dollar system. This article is just a PS360 fanboy's morning crap!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

I stopped reading that in the middle, then clicked on the link about the iPad mini helping business sales and read that instead.

Edited by WisdomPowerCourage, 18 September 2012 - 03:17 AM.

#12 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

I stopped reading that in the middle, then clicked on the link about the iPad mini helping business sales and read that instead.

Read the comments. It's totally worth it.

Posted Image

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Bunch more garbage. This is almost as bad as The Sun's 5 reasons to not buy a Wii U.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Which it honestly won't considering Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 are going to be enterprise ready, and in my personal opinion and use, they are better than iOS. I see a lot of these articles about how the iPad mini is going to be the number one holiday item, but when Windows 8 (Windows RT especially) is just around the corner, October 26th and they realise how big of a deal it is to have an iPad like device, that does all the iPad stuff (touch, battery life etc) and still do you're normal laptop stuff when you dock it into a keyboard or a dock that outputs the display to a screen.

People already spend $700 on a high capacity iPad, then they buy a $20 case, then they buy a Keyboard dock or wireless keyboard, same thing goes with the iPad mini.

I'm going to wait and see and hopefully laugh at these analysts and journalists that don't see the potential in Windows 8 and Windows RT.

Also it's massive for enterprise because they RT and Windows Phone can be manage by Windows Intune and Windows 8 is still windows, so Group Policy, Domain login all work and can be managed just like a computer despite it being in a tablet form factor.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Which it honestly won't considering Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8 are going to be enterprise ready, and in my personal opinion and use, they are better than iOS. I see a lot of these articles about how the iPad mini is going to be the number one holiday item, but when Windows 8 (Windows RT especially) is just around the corner, October 26th and they realise how big of a deal it is to have an iPad like device, that does all the iPad stuff (touch, battery life etc) and still do you're normal laptop stuff when you dock it into a keyboard or a dock that outputs the display to a screen.

People already spend $700 on a high capacity iPad, then they buy a $20 case, then they buy a Keyboard dock or wireless keyboard, same thing goes with the iPad mini.

I'm going to wait and see and hopefully laugh at these analysts and journalists that don't see the potential in Windows 8 and Windows RT.

Also it's massive for enterprise because they RT and Windows Phone can be manage by Windows Intune and Windows 8 is still windows, so Group Policy, Domain login all work and can be managed just like a computer despite it being in a tablet form factor.

there is potential. but they arent' focused products.

The reason the iPad and iPhone are so successful is that their combo of hardware and software are fine tuned for specific usage.

Windows 8 tablets are trying to be tablets+. that has already limited the Surface concept form factor to looking somewhat brick-like.

When you need a PC, use a PC. when you need a tablet, use that.

Mac and Windows both have the PC area covered.

But the iPad is a dream tablet. Windows on a tablet is too much like Frankenstein.

#16 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Lol I totally got this thread off topic.

#17 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Read the comments. It's totally worth it.

I know right? He's getting owned by everybody.
Posted Image

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

LOL. total hate job by the author. Has no idea what he is talking about. There are many others like him, but for some reason, he is one of the few that is catching heat for it. Imma git me some popcorn.

Lol I totally got this thread off topic.

well let's fix that then...

so, therefore, as alluded to earlier with the discrepancies between the iPad and its focused, streamlined, purpose built feature set versus the frankenstein jack of all trades, but master of none Windows silliness, we can makes possible allusions to the Wii U with its streamlined focus, great service, and well thought out, purpose built hardware/software combo versus the frankenstein monster mishmash of the PS3 and PS4 "solutions" and the trying to be everything at once Xbox 8 (and current 360).

Add to that the fact that the Wii U is packing next gen power, and we have a recipe for nonstopgapness (copyright 2012 socalmuscle. all rights reserved).

OK, train tracks all better now (or something...)

Edited by Socalmuscle, 18 September 2012 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!