• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

Lately we've been seeing overdue sequels of games from before the Wii.
Luigis mansion
Kid Icarus
LoZ
Pikmin

What about a Yoshi game? There's a possibility since the last Yoshi game was a remake of yoshi's island, so I think it's time for a new Yoshi game.
Would you be excited if a Yoshi game were released for the Wii U?

1367065580450s.jpg

#2 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

If the game was good, I would so pick up a yoshi game! They need to make a whole new game though, not just a remake. It would be an awesome difference to their normal "Everything has to be Mario or Mario Bros!!!!!!!) Good Idea, and hope this becomes reality at some point!
Posted Image

#3 DaPimpJ

DaPimpJ

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

I enjoyed yoshis story on 64 I even bought it on virtual console. so I would like to see a new yoshi game

#4 Deboog

Deboog

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Yoshi's island style is more fit for a handheld *cough cough Yoshi's story*. I would be great to see a new Yoshi-centralized game, though.

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

You won't be surprised to hear that I want a Yoshi game on the Wii U. It's about time he and his dinosaur friends had their own game on a console, rather than a handheld.

HD Yoshis + Open-world Yoshi's Island + Some other important things = Great Yoshi game!

#6 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

What a trip that would be if Retro was working on a Yoshi game. XD
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#7 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

They could definitely do one, but they're going to have to do something really good, A completely new platforming adventure (possibly a 3D one)

#8 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

Lately we've been seeing overdue sequels of games from before the Wii.
Luigis mansion
Kid Icarus
LoZ
Pikmin

What about a Yoshi game? There's a possibility since the last Yoshi game was a remake of yoshi's island, so I think it's time for a new Yoshi game.
Would you be excited if a Yoshi game were released for the Wii U?

This seems to be a very common misconception. Yoshi's Island DS was an entirely new and original sequel to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (or Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island - the GBA remake of the SNES original).

That said, Yoshi's Island DS came out way back in 2006, so Yoshi and his friends are well overdue for a new game. Both YI games have received very positive reviews from critics, and have sold millions, so I don't see any logical reason Nintendo wouldn't continue the series. Though I do wonder if it would be better suited to the 3DS or the Wii U. The lush vistas and incredible art style of the YI games would look awesome in 3D - they could really drive the storybook style home - but seeing the style really, truly come to life in beautiful 1080p is mouth-watering to say the least.

One idea I've imagined could work for a 3D Yoshi game (whether it's for the 3DS or the Wii U) is motion-controlled egg throwing. You could use the 3DS's or Wii U controller's screen to jump into a first-person view, then use the device's gyroscopes to aim. With a button press (or perhaps a touchscreen flick), you could send the egg flying.

But there's one thing I hope for more than anything else in a hypothetical new Yoshi game - that the babies don't come back yet again. Really, it's about time we saw Yoshis having to deal with their own problems instead of conveniently giving Baby Mario an epic piggyback ride to Kamek's castle.

#9 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

Hmm, I dunno. This seems more like a game better suited for the 3DS than the Wii U... well, at least in my opinion it is.

I love Super Mario World 2 and Yoshi's Island DS, but not Yoshi's Story, so I wouldn't want a Yoshi game like that.

Posted Image

#10 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

A sequel to Yoshi Story maybe.
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#11 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

They could definitely do one, but they're going to have to do something really good, A completely new platforming adventure (possibly a 3D one)

I'd second you on that one. This is the time for Retro to do another reimagining since they just did the "true-to-form with modern benefits" DKCR.
"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'd second you on that one. This is the time for Retro to do another reimagining since they just did the "true-to-form with modern benefits" DKCR.

If Iwata hands Retro the keys to the Yoshi franchise, I think I'll explode from sheer fan joy.

#13 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

hmmm not too sure we'll see another Yoshi dedicated game. I think Nintendo is more likely to maybe give Yoshi a bigger role in the Mario Wii U. Have him has a more dominant character instead of every couple levels he pops up, have full levels dedicated to controlling Yoshi, with Mario on top. Perhaps an open Mario game with Yoshi as the main means of transport.
As much as I loved Super Mario World 2 I don't really think he needs his own game unless they do something original like Luigi's Mansion, otherwise the games would just be too similar.

I'd rather them focus on 1 big game with all the major Mario characters in it, instead of creating a separate game for all.

#14 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

If Iwata hands Retro the keys to the Yoshi franchise, I think I'll explode from sheer fan joy.

I know right, it'd be sick as. And I hate to disagree but no, Yoshi deserves his own game, he's amazing, it could make an absolutely brilliant game. Especially with Retro behind the franchise.

#15 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

I don't think it will happen but it might. I just feel like this would be more suited to the Nintendo 3DS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#16 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:05 PM

No one is even replying to this thread anymore..
I guess only a few people care about our green (or blue) friend.

1367065580450s.jpg

#17 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

If Yoshi does come to the Wii U there has to be something great and different about it. I'm not sure whether a simple platformer would do, it would have to be more than that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#18 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

I can see a Yoshi Story U coming out.

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#19 mariosunshinerules22

mariosunshinerules22

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

Yoshi's Island would also be great. It has to be like SMW2 yoshis island though, Yoshi's Story is a disappointment compared to the other.

#20 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

they should make a squeal for Yoshi Stroy. The N64 one was to short
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yoshi, Mario