• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Camnak11

Camnak11

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Here they are, turtle beach is coming out with officially licensed headsets for wii u!!

http://www.examiner....-wii-u-headsets

#2 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Here they are, turtle beach is coming out with officially licensed headsets for wii u!!

http://www.examiner....-wii-u-headsets

So this confirms that there is no optical port, so there for no virtual 5.1 surround sound.

Bummer, if anyone is actually going to buy one of these, I would say go for the N11, but I personally wouldn't buy either, hopefully combining two 3.5mm jacks into a single jack with 4 poles should in theory make my headset compatible for now.

Unless Nintendo does some clever thinking and puts a DSP to enable virtual 5.1 surround on the gamepad.

EDIT: Turtle beach has a booth at Eurogamer so I'm more than happy to ask them and possibly check the sound quality. Gaming headsets are my thing so to me this is sort of a generic 50mm headset with a 4 pole jack slapped with an official Nintendo license.

If it's anything like PX21 or X1, I'm not going to be happy.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 19 September 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Well, I already have my Astro a40's so :P
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well, I already have my Astro a40's so :P

Note that it may only work in stereo if the Wii U doesn't have either optical out, or a DSP that enables virtual 5.1 surround out of the game pad.

#5 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Note that it may only work in stereo if the Wii U doesn't have either optical out, or a DSP that enables virtual 5.1 surround out of the game pad.

As long as they work and I can chat with people I could care less, lmao
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#6 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

As long as they work and I can chat with people I could care less, lmao

but then that's just a waste of money on headset that you're going to use as just a stereo headset.

#7 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

but then that's just a waste of money on headset that you're going to use as just a stereo headset.

I use it for chat when I cause my tv, then when I can't use it (At night when my parents hate Volume, lol) I switch it to there

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

WOOHOO! That's awesome! ^_^

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

WOHOO Really old news...

#10 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Does anybody know if the Triton AX Pro's will be compatible with Wii U? Ive got a pair of these, and didnt think they would work, but someone mentioned the A40s would work so it cant be that different can it?

#11 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Does anybody know if the Triton AX Pro's will be compatible with Wii U? Ive got a pair of these, and didnt think they would work, but someone mentioned the A40s would work so it cant be that different can it?

From what I understand is that the AX Pros are a true 5.1 headset, so you have 4 drivers in each cup, it comes with 3 jacks (Well I know EU ones are always bundled with PC jacks, but i read somewhere the american console versions never did), and I believe you should be able to use the jack for the center speaker, it wont sound as great because of the smaller driver size and it being in stereo but it's very much possible for it to work, just that you need the QD connector that has the 3 analog jacks.

#12 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

not getting this why wouldnt it work the gamepad has surround its wireless so why wouldnt a head set not getting this at all

oh and developers try using the game pad speakers in a game-centric surround sound way AND THE WII REMOTE it isnt hard to actually try!!!!!!

doubt il go head set think my hdmi surround amp and the 7.1 speakers and the gamepad 2 speakers will be enough surround and audio for me and chatting to the mic as u hold the game pad or sit it in the stand

Edited by thehappening, 19 September 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#13 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

not getting this why wouldnt it work the gamepad has surround its wireless so why wouldnt a head set not getting this at all

oh and developers try using the game pad speakers in a game-centric surround sound way AND THE WII REMOTE it isnt hard to actually try!!!!!!

doubt il go head set think my hdmi surround amp and the 7.1 speakers and the gamepad 2 speakers will be enough surround and audio for me and chatting to the mic as u hold the game pad or sit it in the stand

I haven't heard from any source that a virtual 5.1 audio being transmitted to the game pad. I personally would still prefer using my Recon 3D because I would have control over what I would hear.

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

i hope my x12 works with it because i dont feel like buying another

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

From what I understand is that the AX Pros are a true 5.1 headset, so you have 4 drivers in each cup, it comes with 3 jacks (Well I know EU ones are always bundled with PC jacks, but i read somewhere the american console versions never did), and I believe you should be able to use the jack for the center speaker, it wont sound as great because of the smaller driver size and it being in stereo but it's very much possible for it to work, just that you need the QD connector that has the 3 analog jacks.

appreciate the feedback dude. So what your saying is that it definitely will be connectable to the gamepad or pro controller, but the problem would be that I wouldnt be getting the full effect of the 5.1 surround?

#16 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

If I use headphones, well, I may not hear my wife yelling for a bar of soap or razor when she's showering... :)

#17 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

appreciate the feedback dude. So what your saying is that it definitely will be connectable to the gamepad or pro controller, but the problem would be that I wouldnt be getting the full effect of the 5.1 surround?

Yup, that's what I am assuming so from what we've seen of the system and know of the gamepad.

It could be possible that the gamepad outputs virtual 5.1 from the headphone jack, it's totally possible, however it won't sound great on your AX pros because they are designed for true 5.1 (4 drivers) where as virtual 5.1 works best on just stereo headsets.

#18 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

I haven't heard from any source that a virtual 5.1 audio being transmitted to the game pad. I personally would still prefer using my Recon 3D because I would have control over what I would hear.

its obvious that it does 3d stereo surround is supported by gamepad so the same effect but built for head phones is bound to work (totally forgot about headphone jack) it will just be like head phones vs speakers on a handheld suround effects and left right back and front will be supported i wounder how these connect on wiiu iv not looked into it at all

#19 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

its obvious that it does 3d stereo surround is supported by gamepad so the same effect but built for head phones is bound to work (totally forgot about headphone jack) it will just be like head phones vs speakers on a handheld suround effects and left right back and front will be supported i wounder how these connect on wiiu iv not looked into it at all

Oh yeh totally forgot about handhelds doing stereo surround.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 20 September 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#20 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

What so special about turtle beaches? What makes it different from other headsets

1367065580450s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!