#21 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

I'm certain that the 4xxx series does support AMD APP or what ever it was called when ATi released the 4 series. Hmm I wonder if there's a comparison between both, just to see what's slightly different.

Yeah, and Nintendo did state that the GPU is an "AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPGPU"... I wonder if that's a confirmation that it's from the HDxxxx series, or if it just means that it can produce HD images.

Edited by Arkhandar, 21 September 2012 - 10:13 AM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#22 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yeah, and Nintendo did state that the GPU is an "AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU"... I wonder if that's a confirmation that it's from the HDxxxx series, or if it just means that it can produce HD images.

Could be both, but realise we're at HD7xxx series, so about 7-8 years ago the first HD1xxx GPUs were launched, and even before that the X series of radeon GPUs were out and could still do HD gaming.

I always latched onto them continously saying AMD based and not Ati so to me that means HD6xxx or HD7xxx because the 6xxx series was when they rebranded ATi to AMD. The old specs said ATi instead, but then again there's a counter arguement to that theory, which anything they produce now is going to be AMD even if it's based on an older architecture, it would still be produced by AMD.

So I mean, that email does say it's an embedded 6 series GPU. So who knows.

#23 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

What I was trying to figure out in my last post was if the GPU needs to be an HDxxxx series (due to the spec sheet) or if there is the possibility of it being a Exxxx (embedded) series.

I always latched onto them continously saying AMD based and not Ati so to me that means HD6xxx or HD7xxx because the 6xxx series was when they rebranded ATi to AMD. The old specs said ATi instead, but then again there's a counter arguement to that theory, which anything they produce now is going to be AMD even if it's based on an older architecture, it would still be produced by AMD.

Then again it could be both. But I'm more inclined for it to be at least from the HD6xxx. due to that AMD / ATI thing, but who knows.

Then again, this email could pretty well be fake so we can't be sure.

Posted Image

#24 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

What I was trying to figure out in my last post was if the GPU needs to be an HDxxxx series (due to the spec sheet) or if there is the possibility of it being a Exxxx (embedded) series.

Then again it could be both. But I'm more inclined for it to be at least from the HD6xxx. due to that AMD / ATI thing, but who knows.

Then again, this email could pretty well be fake so we can't be sure.

Just going through AMD press releases, they never state Radeon HD as Radeon High Definition.

I'm going on a limb here

AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU

Emphasis on the hyphen, that implies the GPU is Radeon, so technically it doesn't mean it has to be from the Radeon HD line. So to your previous post, it means it can out put high definition.

So it could be an AMD Radeon anything.

#25 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Emphasis on the hyphen, that implies the GPU is Radeon, so technically it doesn't mean it has to be from the Radeon HD line. So to your previous post, it means it can out put high definition.

So it could be an AMD Radeon anything.

Right. That hyphen is there because of the "-based", so if it was HDxxxx for sure it would have to say something like "AMD Radeon™HD-based High Definition GPU".

So, like you said, it could be an AMD Radeon anything. :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!