Is the Wii U launch missing a game?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Ive been going through the launch games for the U. there is just a missing game. there is nothing that really gets me hyped to play. i like what im seeing from The Wonderful 101.... but i need to see more. i am a gamer that has gamefly so i will play the bulk of games launching for Wii U. but you know that excitement that comes from a new console launching. Zombi U got my attention initally i like how they are using the gamepad and showing what it can do. but that game that just wows you and get you excited like you cant even sleep.... its not there. Im not a graphics whore.... but i wish we had a game showing real time visuals on level of the HD Zelda demo or the japanese garden demo for launch. i do believe the lack of seeing any launch games that outperforms or even match the best of this gen ( uncharted, GOW, the last of us) has stopped many from being overly hyped. no im not a graphics over gameplay but i do want the hardware to be used to the best of the developers ability. what do you guys think? do you feel like there is a big blockbuster games or something new missing from the launch?

on another note recently Reggie did say there were launch window games in development that havent been announced yet so we will see. also im hoping the rumors (looking at you activision) that BLOPS2 really is 1080p "NATIVE" at 60fps that will make me very happy and will probably be my go to launch day game.

#2 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

I agree, I suppose Nintendo just wants the console released before Christmas and in the hands of the core fanbase and some casuals before announcing the big hitters that'll make everyone desperately want a Wii U. Plus there are a lot of great games at launch but by saving the killer apps for a bit later and spreading them out they get more recognition and we won't hit a software draught which is common after launches.

Edited by The Video Gamer, 29 September 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#3 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I feel like Borderlands 2 is missing, that would make me very excited. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition would be nice, but we will probably instead get Battlefield 4.

But I know how you feel, the launch is impressive and I love what I am seeing with the Wii U but I get this feeling it is not enough... But I am sure that once the Wii U is in my hands those thoughts will subside.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

I think it's one of the more solid launch line-ups of any console.
There's games for everyone really, which is sort of uncommon for launches.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

This,
I mean really the only game we're missing at launch is an RPG/JRPG game, which we're getting Monster Hunter Tri in March!!! :D

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

For me the Launch/Launch Window is missing Racing Games. I would have loved to see more Racing Games announced, and hopefully one of those unannounced games could be one. I'm going to Stop you before you say "But Cerberuz what about Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed" I'm not too fond of the Arcade Racers, the only one that has interested me is Mario Kart, and now F1 Race Stars.

LordPickleton.png

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

yes, it's missing zelda wii u and super mario 3D... :/

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

i dont want you guys to think im knocking the launch as a failure. we are getting one of the best launches ever. but it just seems that one killer titles that makes you drool is missing.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

i dont want you guys to think im knocking the launch as a failure. we are getting one of the best launches ever. but it just seems that one killer titles that makes you drool is missing.

No launch has ever had that for me.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

In terms of games that are announced that I would love on the system, there are Ni no Kuni, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance. (I know that neither of these will happen, but I can always dream...).
Aside from that I would love a rhythm game. I always have a lot of fun with those.

For me the Launch/Launch Window is missing Racing Games. I would have loved to see more Racing Games announced, and hopefully one of those unannounced games could be one. I'm going to Stop you before you say "But Cerberuz what about Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed" I'm not too fond of the Arcade Racers, the only one that has interested me is Mario Kart, and now F1 Race Stars.

"But Cerberuz what about Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed"

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

For me that one game is ZombiU. I am so hyped for that it's not even funny. I would have preferred something along the lines of a new 3D Mario, but hey something entirely new doesn't hurt. I think the launch line up is good. And I already have the three games I am getting picked out.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#12 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

I wantz teh JRPG. :)

#13 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

"there is nothing that really gets me hyped to play."
I think they did a great job of trying to have something for everyone, instead of a couple games that they force on everyone - if that makes sense. 50 games in a launch window and over 20 on launch day is amazing for a brand new console. Rabbids Land looks fun for playing with my son, ZombiU by myself, CoD:Black Ops 2 for online multiplayer, Tank! Tank! Tank! for the whole family really (reminds me of some tank game they had for the N64 that I loved), Skylanders Giants Wii U of course because my son really enjoyed playing the original one with me on the 360, Scribblenauts Unlimited for my wife (she has both of the DS games, absolutely loves figuring out the levels and getting to be creative), SMB is a staple and Nintendo Land for the whole family. The only game I wish they had to go with the Wii U is a brand new Zelda game - but I know that will come with time. Speaking of time - if there's no games you want to play, don't buy the Wii U. The point of any console is to have fun while gaming, to kill time and enjoy doing so. If there's no game that sparks your interest, just don't buy it yet.
Posted Image

#14 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

"there is nothing that really gets me hyped to play."
I think they did a great job of trying to have something for everyone, instead of a couple games that they force on everyone - if that makes sense. 50 games in a launch window and over 20 on launch day is amazing for a brand new console. Rabbids Land looks fun for playing with my son, ZombiU by myself, CoD:Black Ops 2 for online multiplayer, Tank! Tank! Tank! for the whole family really (reminds me of some tank game they had for the N64 that I loved), Skylanders Giants Wii U of course because my son really enjoyed playing the original one with me on the 360, Scribblenauts Unlimited for my wife (she has both of the DS games, absolutely loves figuring out the levels and getting to be creative), SMB is a staple and Nintendo Land for the whole family. The only game I wish they had to go with the Wii U is a brand new Zelda game - but I know that will come with time. Speaking of time - if there's no games you want to play, don't buy the Wii U. The point of any console is to have fun while gaming, to kill time and enjoy doing so. If there's no game that sparks your interest, just don't buy it yet.

Well that was a quote taken out of context. what i mean is there is no game im dying to play like oh my God i cant wait to play that. like i said wonderful 101 looks cool but i want to see more. i like new experiences new ip's.

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

Well that was a quote taken out of context. what i mean is there is no game im dying to play like oh my God i cant wait to play that. like i said wonderful 101 looks cool but i want to see more. i like new experiences new ip's.

Well there is a new IP, like ZombiU. There may not be a game that you are dying to play like crazy. For a lot of other people there are those types of games. You just gonna have to stick it out.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#16 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

it is what it is.... im going to play everygame. i guess my level of excitement is different. just ready to see something jaw dropping, mindblowing built for the Wii u.

#17 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

¡The launch is missing Battlefield 3! I love you Battlefield 3 but I hate EA.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#18 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

I think that there should be an RPG but tbh I find getting hyped for something bad. I got hyped for both Skyward Sword and Super mario galaxy 2 amd felt a little dissapointed with both.
I am going to use the Wii Us launch as a way to get to play the wii games that i missed out on such as kirby's epic yarn, sonic colours, and the metroid prime trillogy. And I will get ZombiU AC3 mario bros U rayman legends cloudberry kingdom and Nintendo land
Posted Image

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

The EB Games AU website is showing a lot of launch titles, but in store I've only been able to pre-order from 9 possible titles.

I'd like to know what the hell is going on here.

And from that. stop complaining all of you. LOL

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

My trend is spreading like a virus B)

I think that there should be an RPG but tbh I find getting hyped for something bad. I got hyped for both Skyward Sword and Super mario galaxy 2 amd felt a little dissapointed with both.
I am going to use the Wii Us launch as a way to get to play the wii games that i missed out on such as kirby's epic yarn, sonic colours, and the metroid prime trillogy. And I will get ZombiU AC3 mario bros U rayman legends cloudberry kingdom and Nintendo land

Dissapointment with Skyward Sword and Super Mario Galaxy 2?!
GO SIT IN THE CORNER AND THINK ABOUT YOUR LIFE.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!