parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=12816

I expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to be 720p

What really blew my mind is that Pinkmin 3 is apparently 60fps. I hope that's true.

Edited by parallaxscroll, 03 October 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#2 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=12816

I expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to be 720p

What really blew my mind is that Pinkmin 3 is apparently 60fps. I hope that's true.

I don't think so. The Ubisoft guy (in the event when the WiiU price and date was announced) said it was going to be in 1080p and 60FPS. Why would he lie at something that big? Wouldn't make sense.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 03 October 2012 - 10:49 AM.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'll see the games myself rather than believe a neogaf post.

Posted Image

#4 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

POPULAR

I don't think so. The Ubisoft guy (in the event when the WiiU price and date was announced) said it was going to be in 1080p and 60FPS. Why would he lie at something that big? Wouldn't make sense.

¿The Ubisoft guy? If you are talking about Call of Duty you have to say the Activision guy. But anyways my main concerns are 60fps and some type of anti-aliasing. I hate the aliasing.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#5 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

¿The Ubisoft guy? If you are talking about Call of Duty you have to say the Activision guy. But anyways my main concerns are 60fps and some type of anti-aliasing. I hate the aliasing.

Lol, wow!!! I completely messed up. Don't know why I was thinking about Ubisoft. Thanks for correcting me.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#6 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

yh they said full HD which almost always means native 1080p
Posted Image

#7 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

yh they said full HD which almost always means native 1080p

About the Activision guy saying it was Full HD, yeah he said that, but he didn't actually say NATIVE 1080p. If the game was in fact native 1080p, they'd be shouting from the rooftops that it was. All the CoD games on 360/PS3 have been SUB-HD resolution, meaning below 720p. Something like 600p. So going from sub-HD on 360/PS3 to 720p on Wii U would be very nice. Now I would love nothing more for the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 to be 1080p, but, I will believe it when I see it confirmed.

Edited by parallaxscroll, 03 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Wow, I didn't think Scribblenauts would be 1080p. I expected ZombiU to be 1080p but oh well.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

FAKE!

1) Remember ? Rayman Legends was confirmed to run 1080p 60 frames per second on the TV while doing 480p 60 frames per second on the GamePad simultaneously?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

According to Activision COD has always been released in HD...

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I don't get it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

According to Activision COD has always been released in HD...

I don't get it.

That doesn't change the fact that the native resolution of the 360/PS3 versions have always been 600p which is sub-HD.

It'll be awesome to finally play a COD game in true HD on Wii U. Whether that's native 720p or 1080p, we just don't know for *sure* yet, though.

http://en.wikipedia...._Modern_Warfare

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare runs on the IW engine, specifically IW 3.0, featuring true world-dynamic lighting, HDR lighting effects, dynamic shadows and depth of field.[13] Bullet penetration is calculated by the engine, taking into account factors such as surface type and entity thickness. The game runs in a native resolution of 600p on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

It doesn't just apply to COD4, but all COD games on the current consoles.

600p is lower than 720p obviously, and that therefore makes it sub-HD. (below the minimum HD resolution which is 720p)

Rest assured that the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 is going to be HD. We just don't know if that means 720p or full 1080p HD.

Edited by parallaxscroll, 03 October 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

This is cool, I guess. I wish Nintendo titles were in 1080p, but as long as they figure out how to do HD properly before Zelda or Metroid, I am one happy guy.

All the CoD games on 360/PS3 have been SUB-HD resolution, meaning below 720p. Something like 600p.

**Facepalm...** I hate to break this to you buddy, but 600p is not a thing (it has never been, and never will be). Also every Call of Duty on the PS3/360 runs in HD. All you have to do is look on the back of the box. It says right there....

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#14 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

This is cool, I guess. I wish Nintendo titles were in 1080p, but as long as they figure out how to do HD properly before Zelda or Metroid, I am one happy guy.

**Facepalm...** I hate to break this to you buddy, but 600p is not a thing (it has never been, and never will be). Also every Call of Duty on the PS3/360 runs in HD. All you have to do is look on the back of the box. It says right there....

CoD is max 1080p on PC and 640p on PS3. This is because the PS3 is not powerful enough to have 60 fps for the game in 1080p. And then it gets upscaled before the signal is going to the TV. Most PS3/Xbox360 games are in 720p, and then the console scales it up to 1080p, so that the TV doesn't have to do that.

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

CoD is max 1080p on PC and 640p on PS3. This is because the PS3 is not powerful enough to have 60 fps for the game in 1080p. And then it gets upscaled before the signal is going to the TV. Most PS3/Xbox360 games are in 720p, and then the console scales it up to 1080p, so that the TV doesn't have to do that.

(Woops mixed you two up because of the whole not having an avatar thing. I'm too lazy to erase all that, so the other guy, just read this.)
Ok,
1. You are really bad at trolling.
2. If this is all you are going to do here, just leave, because the general intelligence of people here is above the I.Q. 25, and not stupid enough to fall for this kind of thing.
3. Have a nice day, close the door as you leave.

Edited by Mignaga, 03 October 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#16 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Did you read the wikipedia entry I posted? It said 600p, and even if it's 640p, that still does not change the fact that these games are running in less than HD resolution.

edit: It's 640p on PS3 https://www.google.c...iw=1360&bih=624

But don't take my word for it, just google Call of Duty PS3 sub HD.

Google is your friend.

--Not gonna argue with you.

Edited by parallaxscroll, 03 October 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

(Woops mixed you two up because of the whole not having an avatar thing. I'm too lazy to erase all that, so the other guy, just read this.)
Ok,
2. If this is all you are going to do here, just leave, because the general intelligence of people here is above the I.Q. 25, and not stupid enough to fall for this kind of thing.

How is that trolling? wtf?

#18 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Ok,

he isn't trolling, he's just stating something that is true.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

he isn't trolling, he's just stating something that is true.

Well, I guess since he has no comebacks and knows he is wrong he come with some bullcrap like saying facts is trolling. Or maybe he is trolling.

#20 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Well, I guess since he has no comebacks and knows he is wrong he come with some bullcrap like saying facts is trolling. Or maybe he is trolling.

i know nothing about framerate or resolutoon( other than what is good and what is not) but what he said just sounded good so I went with it... I really need to take a computers class or something.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!