Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

I'm curious as to how many of you future Wii U owners are planning on buying Darksiders II, I have noticed a forum member with a Darksiders II signature but I haven't noticed any discussion regarding the game. I have the game on PC and I have to say it is quite a good game, great even, so I have a few questions regarding the Wii U version.

What differences will the Wii U version have? I heard something about additional content but is that just referring to the DLC that is available on other platforms being included in the Wii U version or is there exclusive content?

Other than map display what use does the gamepad have? Inventory management seems like a possibility.

Will this be a launch title?

If you plan on buying Darksiders II for the Wii U please say so and give your reasoning for not having purchased the game already.

EDIT: Upon reading this article (yes I realise it's almost a month old) it answered a number of my questions such as those regarding content and the gamepad's use:

Darksiders II on Wii U will offer multiple pieces of bonus content not featured on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PC versions, including the recently-released Argul’s Tomb content with new dungeons and armor and the Death Rides Pack with three new side quests. Also included will be the Angel of Death and Shadow of Death packs with new legendary armor and weapon choices, plus the upgraded horse speed boost from the Deadly Despair Pack. Players will also have access to additional unique legendary weapon and armor sets from the moment they start the game.

Wii U will also allow players to instantly access inventory and ability menus via the GamePad’s screen, and players will have the choice of using the GamePad or the Wii U Pro controller to play. Darksiders II will also offer the option of using your TV to play, or the choice to entirely use the GamePad’s screen.
Vigil games said back in March that Darksiders II would allow players to access menus without pausing the game and called the Wii U version “an enhancement of the core game."

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by CUD, 20 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#2 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

I plan to buy it, maybe the next year. I don't bought it because I don't have an PS3, 360 and my PC is crap. I like that this game is similar to Zelda, that's a good thing.

Edited by JD2995, 20 October 2012 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#3 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'm definitely considering getting this game but i don't think i will pay full price for it, i'll wait a bit before buying it.

#4 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

If I do end up getting it, it will probably be on the Steam christmas sale, but if I'm feeling like I need some more Wii U games, I'll consider getting it on the system.

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I plan to buy it, maybe the next year. I don't bought it because I don't have an PS3, 360 and my PC is crap. I like that this game is similar to Zelda, that's a good thing.

Yeah it is often compared to Zelda as it is similar in some aspects, it also shares a number of similarities to God of War.

I'm definitely considering getting this game but i don't think i will pay full price for it, i'll wait a bit before buying it.

I recommend it, I got it for around $30 for PC but it's worth just as much as any other Wii U game.

If I do end up getting it, it will probably be on the Steam christmas sale, but if I'm feeling like I need some more Wii U games, I'll consider getting it on the system.

Those Steam sales are hard to pass up lol, you'll definitely be able to get it cheaper than on the Wii U.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I am getting this game with my Wii U for sure. Love the first one and love Zelda and God of War.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

This will be my first retail Wii U game (aside from the pack-in Nintendoland). It seems amazing, I'm super excited to try it; IGN's review seemed fairly ridiculous. It's similarities to Zelda are enticing, and it's fast paced, not-too-gory combat seems a dream come true.

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

I definitely plan on getting this game on launch day. I played the first game for PS3 after seeing 2 at E3 2011, and loved it. I didn't get it for the PS3 because I wanted to have a Zelda-styled game to play on the Wii U at launch, and I wanted to see just how well Vigil games utilized the gamepad, as they've seemed to be one of the strongest supporters of it since the system was announced.
Posted Image

#9 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

The third party titles I want most are Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, and possibly ZombiU.

Chances are, I'l probably get Darksiders 2, but not on launch day.

Edited by SDDMN, 20 October 2012 - 07:50 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I've already got this game for PS3, but I haven't really progressed far... Should I wait and eventually pick it up for the Wii U?

Posted Image

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I've already got this game for PS3, but I haven't really progressed far... Should I wait and eventually pick it up for the Wii U?

Was there something you disliked about it that stopped you from progressing?

The Wii U one apparently has most of the DLC and some exclusive content so there are some advantages for getting the Wii U version.

Edited by CUD, 20 October 2012 - 10:56 PM.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Was there something you disliked about it that stopped you from progressing?

The Wii U one apparently has most of the DLC and some exclusive content so there are some advantages for getting the Wii U version.

No, I've just been having trouble playing new games on the current gen consoles.

Posted Image

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

No, I've just been having trouble playing new games on the current gen consoles.

I'm the same way with consoles, it's either handhelds or PC for me.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm the same way with consoles, it's either handhelds or PC for me.

What's interesting me about the Wii U, is that there will be multiple ways to play games (ex: Gamepad, Pro, Classic Pro, Wiimote). AND the face that the gamepad help with inventory and maps, that can help get some clutter off the screen. I'm ready for the next gen. I have been for a year now.

Posted Image

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

I've played the first Darksiders. I thought it was fun while it lasted. I haven't exactly thought about getting the second, but who knows?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

I've played the first Darksiders. I thought it was fun while it lasted. I haven't exactly thought about getting the second, but who knows?

I didn't get to play the first one. But from what I've heard, the 2nd one is much better.

Posted Image

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

I didn't get to play the first one. But from what I've heard, the 2nd one is much better.

I haven't yet played the first one myself, though I did purchase it after starting Darksiders II as it was on sale for $5 on Steam and that was just too good to pass up. I plan on playing it after I finish the second, I am aware of some of the differences between the two so it will be interesting to see how the first one stacks up.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

yeah im getting it on wii u i could't buy it on other consoles at the time it was a bit expensive ill pick it up after xmas i want assassins creed join or die on wii u first though

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Well my original launch list was a ZombiU 32GB Wii U Bundle with Assassin's Creed III, DARKSIDERS II and Tank! Tank! Tank! But after I saw the E3 2012 Demo on Scribblenauts Unlimited I decided to get that on launch day instead of DarkSiders II, I do really like DarkSiders II so I will pick it up at some point, hopefully before Christmas.

#20 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Well my original launch list was a ZombiU 32GB Wii U Bundle with Assassin's Creed III, DARKSIDERS II and Tank! Tank! Tank! But after I saw the E3 2012 Demo on Scribblenauts Unlimited I decided to get that on launch day instead of DarkSiders II, I do really like DarkSiders II so I will pick it up at some point, hopefully before Christmas.

Scribblenauts pushed DarkSiders II down on your list? What is this madness?!

Well at least you plan on getting it before the end of this year. You wont be disappointed. ;)

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death, Darksiders, sandwiches, pie, apocalypse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!