• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

First off I just want to say I love all the consoles and I have been accused of being a fanboy of all systems.

I own all consoles and hand helds of this generation.

I will be picking up my Wii U on Nov 18.

But Nintendo has already cemented in my mind it will be number 2...or 3 when it comes to 3rd party titles.

I am rather irritated my $299.99 Astro A50's will need to run from my TV optical out with no chance for voice chat through them...ok slight chance of a 360 style moronic cable...or even slighter usb fix.

So instead of buying the weak Nintendo headphone option I will simply buy games for systems I will eventually own that support what the core gamer wants.

But hey there will be great 1st party titles and exclusives until the other systems join the party.

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

so your using that article from IGN with NO SOURCE ? lol

it will be first choice. don't take outside sources to heart, when it comes to nintendo. But maybe with the 360 considering microsoft pays these gaming sites. lol

Signature_Fox.png

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

POPULAR

People like you are the reason that the Wii didn't get very good third party support.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Getting a Wii U and a PS4/NextBox depending on what they come out with, just the fact that it's the first of the next gen consoles out is a pretty big deal.

#5 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

What I do believe is the current headphone option of wires and connectors to a gamepad. It sucked for the 360 6 years ago and it sucks in 2012.

NintyFan101

You are right. I had a Wii. It did not deserve 3rd party support. History is repeating itself.

Believe it or not, this saddens me. But we cannot ignore it. They are effing up.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

What I do believe is the current headphone option of wires and connectors to a gamepad. It sucked for the 360 6 years ago and it sucks in 2012.

So far nothing has been stated by Nintendo..only outside sources..don't get doom and gloom without hearing the voice chat options from Nintendo themselves.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

still no proof of it being on the wii u. no sources or anything, and don't link ign because they have no source either, it just came from out of nowhere. And because it was on ign , almost EVERYBODY started spreading it.

i highly doubt it's a true rumor.

and you might want to read this about xbox 720, seems like the wii 2.0 by microsoft to me. check it out .

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/16/3090944/microsoft-xbox-720-kinect-2-kinect-glasses-doc-leak-rumor

doesn't seem like they are aiming for long time gamers, more or less the casual crowd, which means you wont be doing hardcore gaming on this machine, as microsoft seems very dedicated of the idea f kinect 2.

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the perspective guys. I found this forum because I do care about the Wii U. Really!

Regardless, I want this system. But not everyone is so full of multi system love.

These little things do matter.

Now. Give me my ZombiU.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for the perspective guys. I found this forum because I do care about the Wii U. Really!

Regardless, I want this system. But not everyone is so full of multi system love.

These little things do matter.

Now. Give me my ZombiU.

lol, yah.

i love all consoles too, but mainly a nintendo, sega, sony fan.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image

#11 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

GooseMoose.

I assume Da FUQ stands for The Frequently Unanswered Question.

I agree, we need answers!

#12 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Wii u will be the first choice for many gamers this next gen you heard it hear first Ithink xbox 720 and ps4 might be a bit overated.
Posted Image

#13 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Here's what I say to the Wii U being a second choice,

Edited by Link, 21 October 2012 - 09:08 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#14 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

GooseMoose.

I assume Da FUQ stands for The Frequently Unanswered Question.

I agree, we need answers!

im 99.9% sure it was pointed to you for what you are saying

wa3Nq7j.png

#15 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Nintendo isn't stupid. This voice chat BS from IGN isn't true IMO. Nintendo is trying to win back hardcore gamers and they know that a move like this will not win them back. Unless it: (1) Has a legitimate source and/or (2) Comes from Reggie, Miyamoto, or Iwata I try not to believe EVERY article I see.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#16 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

The wiiu should be my console of choice considering I'm a bit too worried about Sony financial situation to try to take a risk with their new console and for Microsoft I refuse to pay for online and so if their console is pay for online chances are I am not getting it. Now I might like this generation at the end go more PC gaming than console gaming but that only if their too big of a wiiu game drought at its end of its life span like their was for the wii.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 21 October 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Geez.. If you guys want voice chat so bad the answer is simple.. If It will only be offrered in select games such as AC3, ME3, ect...A

ll you have to do is purchase your Wii U, Purchase your NSMBU,

Then Buy a second Wii U with a copy of AC3

Then have the friend you plan on playing NSMBU also purchase a second Wii U and copy of AC3

Then hook up voice chat thru AC3 and play NSMBU while talking to your buddy

Voila... problem solved

#18 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Even if it were true, it's just headphones. Have they really been that important this gen? I hate voice chatting with anyone but my IRL and closest online friends.

Geez.. If you guys want voice chat so bad the answer is simple.. If It will only be offrered in select games such as AC3, ME3, ect...A

ll you have to do is purchase your Wii U, Purchase your NSMBU,

Then Buy a second Wii U with a copy of AC3

Then have the friend you plan on playing NSMBU also purchase a second Wii U and copy of AC3

Then hook up voice chat thru AC3 and play NSMBU while talking to your buddy

Voila... problem solved

... I think the much cheaper alternative to that is called a phone. xD (yes, I'm aware you're joking)

Edited by Ixchel, 21 October 2012 - 09:16 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

NintyFan101

You are right. I had a Wii. It did not deserve 3rd party support. History is repeating itself.

Believe it or not, this saddens me. But we cannot ignore it. They are effing up.

lol what?

Signature_Fox.png

#20 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

... I think the much cheaper alternative to that is called a phone. xD

Gotta be thinking long term costs here man, a phone has the upfront cost and charged monthly after that, Long term my plan is fool proof

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 21 October 2012 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!