Photo

Hello everyone! Back with nintendo for the first time since rogue squadron.

new Introduction

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I Just wanted to say hi, introduce myself real quick.
you can call me skaar.
i have boycotted the wii completely but am very happy to announce my family will be getting a wii u on launch day.
i can't wait to introduce my kids to mario and link and the rest of the gang.
Nintendo really did a good job on this system i believe and i can't wait to see how it evolves from here.
i'm only sad that its life may be relatively short.. 3 years tops.. but who knows maybe nintendo will come up with a video card plug in or something and we can keep up with the big boys in a couple of years.
so i joined up to meet people and talk about upcoming titles. so i hope to see you guys around. and drop us a line anytime.
Posted Image

#2 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Welcome. And not to start anything but... Boycotted the Wii?
Posted Image

#3 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

oh yeah i got really upset when i found out they re-packaged the gamecube with a motion bar that was 10 year old tech.
i bought the wii.. twice.. and both times played it hard for a few days and never picked it up again.
this wii u is a breath of fresh air for me.
Posted Image

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Excuse me I think your Profile image is a little too scary. The 2-5 age demographic on this forum can't handle it. Blake, and Sol can't handle it very well.

In other news; HRYO! I've fallen and I can't get up.

Edited by Mignaga, 04 November 2012 - 04:41 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

its a picture of Death.. from darksiders 2.. which... is a wii u game.. O_o
Posted Image

#6 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Welcome!! Glad to see (but not surprised) that Nintendo is bringing those who didn't like the wii back to them. I loved the wii but still there was a roughly 2 year period when I barely played it. The Wii U I don't think will ever have that problem :) but why do you think the wii u's life span will only be three years? there is nothing to indicate that as far as I'm aware and there is nothing to indicate the ps4 and xbox720 will be more powerful by much. Quite the contrary really. I'm a moderator here so if you have any problems just message me or one of the other mods.
Posted Image

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hello! I am the yoshi of these forums! I am a great person to talk to!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Welcome!! Glad to see (but not surprised) that Nintendo is bringing those who didn't like the wii back to them. I loved the wii but still there was a roughly 2 year period when I barely played it. The Wii U I don't think will ever have that problem :) but why do you think the wii u's life span will only be three years? there is nothing to indicate that as far as I'm aware and there is nothing to indicate the ps4 and xbox720 will be more powerful by much. Quite the contrary really. I'm a moderator here so if you have any problems just message me or one of the other mods.

yeah the xbox 720 will blow the wii u away it has 3 quad cores and a 1 gig dedicated graphics card. the graphics speed and pure computing size will make the wii u be just like the wii against 360.

hello yoshi nice to meet you.
Posted Image

#9 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

yeah the xbox 720 will blow the wii u away it has 3 quad cores and a 1 gig dedicated graphics card. the graphics speed and pure computing size will make the wii u be just like the wii against 360.

Why hello :D

If you want a cool signature like the one I have below ask Keanu Reeves! He is my best friend on Wii U forums, and he makes signatures for everyone! If you have anything custom in your mind, ask him!

Edited by yoshinin10d0h!gamer9, 04 November 2012 - 05:09 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Welcome to the forums and Welcome back to the Nintendo family! Mig is a dork, don't take him seriously Lol. The Wii U will last long, mark my words. Not every one plays games because they look pretty. I'm excited to see what kind of fun ways developers Will use the gamepad in.

Edited by TrickySx4, 04 November 2012 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi welcome to the forums, I'm in the same boat as you I never touched th Wii at all, but I feel the Wii U is a breath of fresh air, I've got mine Pre Ordered for day 1, I even sold my Xbox 360 to get it, that's how much faith I've put in Nintendo, and you know what? I'm really glad I did it, I really think Nintendo have done it this time :D

#12 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hi welcome to the forums, I'm in the same boat as you I never touched th Wii at all, but I feel the Wii U is a breath of fresh air, I've got mine Pre Ordered for day 1, I even sold my Xbox 360 to get it, that's how much faith I've put in Nintendo, and you know what? I'm really glad I did it, I really think Nintendo have done it this time :D

yeah i actually said goodbye to all my xbox friends this weekend i told them they probably won't see me unless there is some amazing 360 exclusive that comes out untill next generation.
Posted Image

#13 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

well, if they want it to make it affordable like played, i doubt it, maybe in the ps4 though

wa3Nq7j.png

#14 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Mig is a dork

I prefer "Coolness Impaired", but whatevs.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

yeah i actually said goodbye to all my xbox friends this weekend i told them they probably won't see me unless there is some amazing 360 exclusive that comes out untill next generation.

Tell you what, I'll add you on here now, and on the 30th when I get my Wii U I'll add you on that too, that way we can kick off the new generation together as two ex xboxers :D

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 04 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#16 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Tell you what, I'll add you on here now, and on the 30th when I get my Wii U I'll add you on that too, that way we can kick off the new generation together as two ex xboxers :D

sweet it's a deal ..lol you said ex boxers ^_^

well, if they want it to make it affordable like played, i doubt it, maybe in the ps4 though

yeah the core system changed in order to bring the price down here is the new specs as of the end of october.The prototype supposedly packs in an Intel processor, NVIDIA graphics, as well as more than 8GB of memory.
According to EuroGamer’s Digital Foundry, which did its homework on the leaked hardware including liaising with developers, the system is indeed genuine, and the leaker, operating under the pseudonym "DaE," reckons Microsoft’s next-gen console will pack in an eight-core CPU, as well as Blu-ray, true 1080p and native 3D output.

Anticipated to be around six times as powerful as the current Xbox, it will be an all-round entertainment hub, as the Xbox 360 has become over the years. Previous Dashboard updates have seen the 360 turn from a simple gaming platform to a social, streaming media, music and web service – appealing to all members of the family in the process.

Posted Image

#17 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Welcome to the forums!

e674231265.jpg

#18 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hi and welcome to the forums. I am also in the same boat as you never touched the wii but think the wiiu is gonna be the real deal.
Posted Image

#19 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hello. Welcome. I'm new myself here too lol. I was also disappointed with the wii but I have hope the Wii U will be a different story.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, Introduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!