Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hey guys, the 18th is 10 days away so let's make some post launch predictions.

I firmly believe that even though the Wii U is launching this year..2013 will be the year for fans to remember. Nintendo and many 3rd party publishers have been silent on plans for post launch. We still have lots of great releases all the way through March... BUT....Nintendo has said there are games they can't (or won't) talk about yet. I predict we will see subtle news hitting after the holiday season and leading into E3 which will be one of if not THE best Nintendo conference EVER. Next Christmas will be huge. Mark my words. Most new consoles have a slow first year post launch and Nintendo says they don't want that..which is Why they are keeping some titles unknown. We are in for a smooth and awesome ride with the Wii U.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#2 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

I hope your right.
I hope that e3 2013 will blow us away with games from Nintendo and 3rd party publishers.
Also it would be nice to see more 3rd party's supporting the Wii U like Ubisoft is doing now.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Well Wii U isnt even out yet and Tricky wants to know what they're coming up with next :P

I hope they pick a better name for it.... possibly Wii U 2

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 08 November 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Well Wii U isnt even out yet and Tricky wants to know what they're coming up with next :P

I hope they pick a better name for it.... possibly Wii U 2

Hey man, don't jump the gun. I'm only predicting the Wii U's first year, not It's successor Lol. Silly Mitch
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 robb_0909

robb_0909

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

I think 2013 is going to be a huge year for gaming in general. As for Nintendo, I think E3 has to be huge for them. The next xbox and PS4 will most likely be shown and take alot of the lime light away from Nintendo.

I think it is very important for Nintendo to come out and anounce the next Zelda game, Metroid, mario.....Some huge games that will release next year to combat the xbox and sony systems. I think if they can come with some big titles due out fall 2013, they could do very well next shopping season also.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wii U will beat the Xbox 8/720/Durango/ and the PS4/Orbis into the ground and dance on their grave :)

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Setting yourself up for disappointment before launch, is that new?
I expect nothing new coming out until e3.
A march-june or july dry spell.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Setting yourself up for disappointment before launch, is that new?
I expect nothing new coming out until e3.
A march-june or july dry spell.

I Can live with that. It's normal to expect dry times throughout every year.

Edited by TrickySx4, 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Lots and lots of shortages.

#10 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Perhaps Nintendo will bring out a game around August, maybe a Mario Kart? I'm expecting to see atleast 3-4 first party Wii U games so..

2lvmghw.png

#11 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Even if they aren't first party titles, there is a TON of possibilities from third parties to do something awesome with the GamePad.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#12 Waluigi

Waluigi

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • NNID:Waluigi
  • Fandom:
    Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, and SSB

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I predict the Waluigi will have his own game, and it will be glorious. B)
Nintendo ID: Waluigi

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

So we have 7 days to go for North America gamers until Wii U launches. nintendo despite lack of 3rd party games had massive sucess with the Wii. i dont judge them for keeping the Wii name but they have to deliver. the name is Wii "U"... they are claiming this is a console for U. so whoever "U" are as a gamer this console is suppose to satisfy your gaming needs. lets look at some things they need to do to have sucess in 2013 and beyond.

1. no lack of gaming releases- they need to have a steady stream of quailty games available through the launch "and beyond". i know they recently said they delayed games like pikmin just for this reason. so Im hoping that this wont be a problem.

2. prove that the U in the name isnt just a marketing ploy- is this console really a console for everyone? they have to release a wide range of games. we all know the knock on nintendo recently is that they are abandoning the hardcore. it doesnt matter if you if you believe that to be true or not. the Wii lacked the GTA, Mass Effects, Red dead redemption and i can go on. they have to prove to those gamers that by buying a Wii U they arent going to be left out (which so far isnt looking good as lastest GTA or Mass Effect triolgy look like they will be skipping the Wii U).

3. Online-so its a week from launch and we still dont know the full scope of nintnedo online network. there are launch games that dont have online multiplayer and lack online feature that ps360 have. though i want to judge nintnedo because of this im not. im going to reserve judgement until we know the full scope. though it would be in nintendo best interest to release a game in launch window that shows they have a capable online network that can compete with PSN/Xbox Live.

4. show what the console can do- yes Wii U has new architecture compared to ps360. yes its going to take developers a little while to learn system and write code to take advantage of its strenghts. im giving nintnedo a pass as this is the launch period. but believe me with all the negative perceptions about Wii U's power or lack thereof... nintendo needs a game that will outdue halo 4 and the last of us sooner than later. no matter what we believe is inside the box if the games dont show it then.... people will continue to say the console is lacking power. hopefully this could be the game... tweet from Jp Kellams A&R at platinum Games... "@PG_jp: In happier news, I had to buy a power loader to pick my jaw off the floor after watching some Bayonetta 2 today."

5. match the competition (xbox 720)- yes the next xbox will be releasing next year. make no mistake by christmas 2013 the 720 will be on store shelves. so that means E3 2013 at the latest it will be revealed to the world. this is nintendo chance to stand up and say we are here and will not be left behind in the 8th gen.they need to make sure that the 3rd party games launching with that system see the light of day on the Wii U also. that's all people need to see is 3rd party games launch for the "NEXT GEN CONSOLE" but not finding a home on the Wii U. they also need to have a least one heavy hitter (im hoping Zelda U) to show off and be ready to release around same time as the 720. because we know microsoft will have heavy hitter releasing as launch games that will be impressive.

#14 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

the only thing it need its games, and good ones if they can do that all will be ok, because the graphics are now beautiful enough to have a nice gaming experience
Posted Image

#15 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yeah I hope those 53 or whatever launch-window games aren't the only ones we see. There's more than enough exclusives coming out to keep me interested for the next year at least, but I want the Wii U to be a winner on all levels this time. Software first.

#16 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

5. match the competition (xbox 720)- yes the next xbox will be releasing next year. make no mistake by christmas 2013 the 720 will be on store shelves. so that means E3 2013 at the latest it will be revealed to the world. this is nintendo chance to stand up and say we are here and will not be left behind in the 8th gen.they need to make sure that the 3rd party games launching with that system see the light of day on the Wii U also. that's all people need to see is 3rd party games launch for the "NEXT GEN CONSOLE" but not finding a home on the Wii U. they also need to have a least one heavy hitter (im hoping Zelda U) to show off and be ready to release around same time as the 720. because we know microsoft will have heavy hitter releasing as launch games that will be impressive.

I'm not really feeling this one man. Even if MS does get the 720 to retail by Xmas I'm not convinced that it will have an impressive launch lineup. Sure they will have some good third party ports, but do you really think that there will any exclusives to write home about. They just released a new Halo and a new Forza so what is left....perhaps a new Gears of War is in development right now, but other than that......

My biggest thought about the Wii U post launch is that I hope I don't get screwed on my preorder and have to wait until post launch to snag one. I have little doubt that Nintendo has helped the hype train along by bringing up shortages inside a month before the console release. I also would not be surprised if they plan on holding back units at launch and trickling them out over the holidays to keep a strong demand up.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#17 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I think the first 2-3 months of next year will be good. Quite a few launch titles that were delayed are coming out at this time.Then in the next month or 2 you got Pikmin 3. Beyond that I have no clue what wil happen. Dry spell? Third-party games? Who knows. E3 will have to be good though.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#18 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Maybe next year is when we will see a graphical jump? Think about it. Nintendo doesn't really need to show any huge jump until competition in the next-gen arrives. Since, ya know, the 720 is rumored for next year.

Posted Image

#19 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Maybe next year is when we will see a graphical jump? Think about it. Nintendo doesn't really need to show any huge jump until competition in the next-gen arrives. Since, ya know, the 720 is rumored for next year.

This is true, I agree with this statement

wjapt2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!