• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hi everyone, new on this site...looking to join the Wii U clan. Just need to find the best deals..

This link to HMV seems to be the better bundle offer i can find.
http://hmv.com/hmvwe...1;-1&sku=967881

just search wii u when your there...

includes premium 32GB black console
the PAD
pro Pad
ZombieU

price is £329

what are the rest of you going for?

thanks

Edited by RolledUp20s, 10 November 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#2 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

that deal is at other places too im getting it from game cuz there offering a free copy of nintendo land at my store.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Hi everyone, new on this site...looking to join the Wii U clan. Just need to find the best deals..

This link to HMV seems to be the better bundle offer i can find.
http://hmv.com/hmvwe...&sku=967881

just search wii u when your there...

includes premium 32GB black console
the PAD
pro Pad
ZombieU

price is £329

what are the rest of you going for?

thanks

That's not a retail bundle specific to HMV. It's a bundle Nintendo has put together for the UK/EU market. Most if not all retailers here are offering it although at various prices. Shop To actually has it for £5 less and that's where I've preordered it from.

that deal is at other places too im getting it from game cuz there offering a free copy of nintendo land at my store.

I suggest you clarify that with GAME. I suspect you've been misinformed by a not so knowledgeable or informed sales person. GAME actually was advertising that this bundle came with Nintendo Land on their site initially but have since removed it as its not the case. I highly doubt GAME stores are offering it either. I suspect you will be disappointed if not upset when you find out this is not the case.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 10 November 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

hmv oversold and underpriced (ie, were actually competitive) in Ireland.
Dunno what they've done in the UK, shame they're not around me, had to deal with gamestop. :(

amazon.fr have the black with nintendoland (ie not zombiu version) for 256 GBP
http://www.amazon.fr.../dp/B0090LFL0E/

zombiu pack for 312 GBP
http://www.amazon.fr...52547258&sr=1-3

I believe hmv are the best price aside form zavvi/thehut.com which you'll never get launch day for the zombiu bundle.
Oh yeah, shopto don't charge delivery in the UK, so would be cheaper for you than hmv. They charge two arms and a knee to deliver stuff here, so despite them usually having good prices, stuff is cheaper elsewhere.

Edited by Nollog, 10 November 2012 - 03:37 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Game sell it for £350 so how is that better than £330? I wasn't stating HMV to have an exclusive off with that bundle..just the cheapest I've seen so far.

The amazon links are not from UK either..I don't want to order from out of the UK.

I'll check out the shopTo offer now...thanks for that 1.

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Game sell it for £350 so how is that better than £330? I wasn't stating HMV to have an exclusive off with that bundle..just the cheapest I've seen so far.

The amazon links are not from UK either..I don't want to order from out of the UK.

GAME would be better value if they also included Nintendo Land in the Zombie U bundle but as I stated they don't.

I don't think anyone said that you stated that HMV have an exclusive on the bundle, I was just making an observation that its a standard Nintendo bundle being sold at different prices.

As for Amazon that is essentially the same bundle although the power plug will be different. The manual will probably be in several EU languages including English although the user interface will be in French. That however can be changed pretty easily. The game will probably have French on the packaging but a manual in the major EU languages including English. Some people are OK with all that and will order from there as its cheaper. If you don't feel comfortable with all that them it's fine.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

I've pre ordered from GAME the ZombiU Bundle, Assassin's Creed 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Tank! Tank! Tank! for a grand total of £485, It was the only place around me that had pre orderes left.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 10 November 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

I got mine from Zavvi.co.uk because at the time they were cheapest but last time I checked HMV is now cheapest because zavvi sold out
Posted Image

#9 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

That's not a retail bundle specific to HMV. It's a bundle Nintendo has put together for the UK/EU market. Most if not all retailers here are offering it although at various prices. Shop To actually has it for £5 less and that's where I've preordered it from.

I suggest you clarify that with GAME. I suspect you've been misinformed by a not so knowledgeable or informed sales person. GAME actually was advertising that this bundle came with Nintendo Land on their site initially but have since removed it as its not the case. I highly doubt GAME stores are offering it either. I suspect you will be disappointed if not upset when you find out this is not the case.

No im getting mine in store and the manager there said they MIGHT offer nintendo land as a download code outside the box its self and i did know they made mistake online but this is something he said will properly be only at that game store unless other managers decide to do it.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Patriotic?

shopto had a fantastic bundle deal a few weeks ago.
Oh, looks like they have a new one now.
http://shopto.net/wi...urnament-2-mass

The one before came with nsmbu and something else.

Ohes, something to be wary of with shopto. They have a history of taking pre-orders past what they actually get.
So they'll continue selling pre-orders until launch, and depending on how early you are in the que you may or may not get one on launch day.
The same can be said for most e-tailers though.

Edited by Nollog, 10 November 2012 - 05:32 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Zombi U bundle does NOT come with NintendoLand. You will have to buy that separately.

Amazon/GAME etc. all had it listed wrong a month ago with NintendoLand included, and I was even told by GAME when I preordered that it came with it, but it doesn't.

You just get -
Premium pack (No NintendoLand, but you get all those little accessories and stuff)
Zombi U
Pro controller

Patriotic?

It's not patriotic, it's because we have to pay import tax on anything over £50, and it would mean he would have to buy US eShop cards and US import games.

As for me, I'm getting Zombi U bundle, Mario, and I'll probably get NintendoLand when it drops in price. Not worth £40, especially as I can't play it online.

Edited by x-SourApple-x, 10 November 2012 - 06:12 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#12 Kirbi

Kirbi

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and One Piece

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Managed to preorder this at ShopTo:http://www.shopto.ne...u-nintendo-land. While it was it was still at £369.99.

Patriotic?

shopto had a fantastic bundle deal a few weeks ago.
Oh, looks like they have a new one now.
http://shopto.net/wi...urnament-2-mass

The one before came with nsmbu and something else.

Ohes, something to be wary of with shopto. They have a history of taking pre-orders past what they actually get.
So they'll continue selling pre-orders until launch, and depending on how early you are in the que you may or may not get one on launch day.
The same can be said for most e-tailers though.

I think it was this bundle.

Edited by Kirbi, 10 November 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

It's not patriotic, it's because we have to pay import tax on anything over £50, and it would mean he would have to buy US eShop cards and US import games.

As for me, I'm getting Zombi U bundle, Mario, and I'll probably get NintendoLand when it drops in price. Not worth £40, especially as I can't play it online.

Amazon.fr would be sending it from France, which is in the EU.
You wouldn't pay any import taxes.

Managed to preorder this at ShopTo:http://www.shopto.ne...u-nintendo-land. While it was it was still at £369.99.

I think it was this bundle.

INDEED!
It was an epic bundle at that price.
I went for it but I was a few days late and they wanted to charge me like 100 euro to ship it.

Edited by Nollog, 10 November 2012 - 06:52 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Zombi U bundle does NOT come with NintendoLand. You will have to buy that separately.

Amazon/GAME etc. all had it listed wrong a month ago with NintendoLand included, and I was even told by GAME when I preordered that it came with it, but it doesn't.

You just get -
Premium pack (No NintendoLand, but you get all those little accessories and stuff)
Zombi U
Pro controller

If you buy a wii u from france there is no duty as they are in europe. The delivery and returns are free postage. On a patriotic level Amazon don't pay any corporation tax in the uk or france I suspect and are probably registered in the cheapest tax country in europe. Yep just checked registered in Luxembourg.

A wii u from france is the same as a uk model and has the same region restrictions etc. The outer box may have french writing on instead of english but thats about it unless the outer box is multi-language for Europe.

#15 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

INDEED!
I went for it but I was a few days late and they wanted to charge me like 100 euro to ship it.

Sorry I thought he was talking about a US bundle.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

If you buy a wii u from france there is no duty as they are in europe. The delivery and returns are free postage. On a patriotic level Amazon don't pay any corporation tax in the uk or france I suspect and are probably registered in the cheapest tax country in europe. Yep just checked registered in Luxembourg.

A wii u from france is the same as a uk model and has the same region restrictions etc. The outer box may have french writing on instead of english but thats about it unless the outer box is multi-language for Europe.

EU laws r they charge the vat rate of the member state what you're buying from.
I know the pain of this with our 23% vat.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

i preordered the £325 offer...thats just ZombiU & the pro controller. that other offer in the link you posted with Tekken & mass for an extra £40 does seem a better offer..although, i'm not too interested in those titles...could sell them 'new' though...would prob get £30 each for them maybe..Hmm

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

No im getting mine in store and the manager there said they MIGHT offer nintendo land as a download code outside the box its self and i did know they made mistake online but this is something he said will properly be only at that game store unless other managers decide to do it.

I wouldn't believe everything a manager tells you. He probably told you that to get your preorder. There is no way an individual store in a retail chain can do that and GAME as a whole is not likely to. If I were you I wouldn't be taken in by such promises as you will be disappointed. I've worked in games retail before for a long time including for GAME. You're not going to get Nintendo Land from them for free. Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you.

INDEED!

You only save £10 in that bundle so it's not that great.

#19 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I wouldn't believe everything a manager tells you. He probably told you that to get your preorder. There is no way an individual store in a retail chain can do that and GAME as a whole is not likely to. If I were you I wouldn't be taken in by such promises as you will be disappointed. I've worked in games retail before for a long time including for GAME. You're not going to get Nintendo Land from them for free. Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you.

The guy in the store knows me and knew i already pre ordered and he said might, and just because you worked in game dosent make you ''i know everything about game and the people who work in branches ive never been to and no im not getting my hopes up but thats what he informed me just cuz the people in your store (and mabye you) lied to customers does not mean this guy did.
sorry if i came across rude but its the truth.

Edited by Hey Look Listen!, 10 November 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#20 rich100

rich100

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, zelda, halo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

The guy in the store knows me and knew i already pre ordered and he said might, and just because you worked in game dosent make you ''i know everything about game and the people who work in branches ive never been to and no im not getting my hopes up but thats what he informed me just cuz the people in your store (and mabye you) lied to customers does not mean this guy did.
sorry if i came across rude but its the truth.

I hope for you that you get it, I dont think nintendo are doing nintendoland as a download game so be hard for game to issue a code for a game to download that nintendo dont do ( i may be wrong) anyeas keep us updated with what happens. i preorderd nintendo land package from zavvi for £275 back when nintendo annoced pricing etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!