• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

i am trying to put together a list of confirmed downloadable titles from the e-shop on day one.
for the simple fact that i have heard from more than one source that most titles will be between 5-10% cheaper online and as an added bonus you get 10% back in shop points that you can use to buy new games.
which makes me feel stupid if i buy a $60 Mario game at eb games just to get home and see it for $55 and i get $5.50 back for buying it.
so far the only confirmed releases i can get a positive on are super Mario and Nintendo land.

so does anyone else have any info on these rumors or have any other titles to add to the list?

Edited by Skaar, 10 November 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Tekken tag tournament.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

If you're going to download games, make sure you get an external hard drive first. Second, I heard nothing about digital versions of games being cheaper. Third, I would download the games that aren't as big (that means no Smash Bros or Zelda download for me), but I might download smaller games, like NSMBU

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

If you're going to download games, make sure you get an external hard drive first. Second, I heard nothing about digital versions of games being cheaper. Third, I would download the games that aren't as big (that means no Smash Bros or Zelda download for me), but I might download smaller games, like NSMBU

Why an external hard drive when the deluxe edition has 32g of memory. Not that I'm saying extra memory is bad, I'm hooking up a spare 8g flash drive to mine but not something gigantic like my 750g external hard drive.

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Why an external hard drive when the deluxe edition has 32g of memory. Not that I'm saying extra memory is bad, I'm hooking up a spare 8g flash drive to mine but not something gigantic like my 750g external hard drive.

I'm expanding with a 32GB SDHC card, that will be enough for me.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

it depends how much stuff you download. You don't seem dead serious on downloading all of games, so you're setup is good. If you plan on downloading everything, you need a big external hard drive.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I have a 64gb usb drive at that I should be set.unless the download prices of full games are a lot cheaper
Posted Image

#8 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

If you plan on downloading games, dlc,even updates it sucks up memory much faster than you'd think. I ran out of space with my ps3 and it's one of the bigger memory ones. From what I heard tekken tag is 16gigs so if you intend to download any games I'd get something with a good chunk for storage.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'm expanding with a 32GB SDHC card, that will be enough for me.

For instance, Tekken is 16.7 GB
http://kotaku.com/5955449/if-youre-getting-the-basic+size-wii-u-you-may-buy-a-digital-copy-of-tekken-tag-tournament-2-and-download-half-of-it

Aren't all retail games will be available on the eshop?
Also, I've heard multiple times that the prices will be the same as at retail.
The 10% cheaper you have heard may in fact include the premium download moneyback offer.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

For instance, Tekken is 16.7 GB
http://kotaku.com/59...load-half-of-it

Aren't all retail games will be available on the eshop?
Also, I've heard multiple times that the prices will be the same as at retail.
The 10% cheaper you have heard may in fact include the premium download moneyback offer.

That would be awesome to get $6 for every digital download of a game. That makes me want to download all of my games. I also need to invest in an external harddrive.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

That would be awesome to get $6 for every digital download of a game. That makes me want to download all of my games. I also need to invest in an external harddrive.

Shop around. You'll save more than $6 and get the disc.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Shop around. You'll save more than $6 and get the disc.

Whatchu mean? :3 Save more than $6 doing what?

#13 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Stores have sales every so often :o Plus trade-ins.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

by shopping around.
It means looks for better prices in competing stores.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!