Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Troubled publisher THQ dropped more potentially bad financial news on Friday, revealing that it was in "certain defaults" on a $50 million credit facility with lender Wells Fargo.

The Agoura Hills based publisher of Darksiders, Saints Row and WWE wrestling games wouldn't clarify the conditions of the credit facility it has defaulted on, but did report "loan availability on the Credit Facility was less than 12.5% of the maximum revolver amount," a technical default of the terms of the loan. THQ tells Polygon that Wells Fargo continues to fund its requests while the two parties discuss the terms of their credit agreement.

In a filing with the SEC, THQ says it was notified by Wells Fargo on Nov. 7 that "one or more events of default have occurred under the terms of the Credit Facility, including the failure to comply with financial covenants" for the most recent quarter.

THQ entered into the $50 million revolving credit facility with Wells Fargo in 2011. The company borrowed $21 million from that credit facility during its third quarter, which ended Sept. 30.

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/10/3628880/thq-in-default-with-wells-fargo-over-50-million-credit-facility

THQ is as good as dead, they won't make it past the first few months of 2013.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

This is bad THQ make really good games when they try, the gaming induystry will feel it if they fall, I can't stand anyone losing their jobs as I know how it feels, my heart goes out to all the employee's of THQ :)

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Sucks..but THQ has been going down for a long while. With a few exceptions they been gambling with new ideas and shovelware games.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

I hate Wells Fargo their policies are a piece of rainbow.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

take two predicted this would happen to them a year ago, guess they were right
Posted Image

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Someone buy the rights to their good franchises! Saints Row Exclusive for someone.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Goodbye raper of childhoods.

Posted Image

Now my children wont have to suffer the horrible licensed abortions of Thq.

At least some good came out of the not goodly unsustainable business model of this gen.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Troubled publisher THQ dropped more potentially bad financial news on Friday, revealing that it was in "certain defaults" on a $50 million credit facility with lender Wells Fargo.

The Agoura Hills based publisher of Darksiders, Saints Row and WWE wrestling games wouldn't clarify the conditions of the credit facility it has defaulted on, but did report "loan availability on the Credit Facility was less than 12.5% of the maximum revolver amount," a technical default of the terms of the loan. THQ tells Polygon that Wells Fargo continues to fund its requests while the two parties discuss the terms of their credit agreement.

In a filing with the SEC, THQ says it was notified by Wells Fargo on Nov. 7 that "one or more events of default have occurred under the terms of the Credit Facility, including the failure to comply with financial covenants" for the most recent quarter.

THQ entered into the $50 million revolving credit facility with Wells Fargo in 2011. The company borrowed $21 million from that credit facility during its third quarter, which ended Sept. 30.

http://www.polygon.c...credit-facility

THQ is as good as dead, they won't make it past the first few months of 2013.

This is what i was talking about in the other post...
no one will buy a company valued at $7 million if they have to assume debt above or equal to $50 million.. and this is just the first default.
Posted Image

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

So sad. I'd never even think THQ would die. Oh well.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I never did like any of the THQ games

wjapt2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users