• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

My apologies if this has already been posted, I'm on my iPhone and it's being a giant B word so the search isn't cooperating.

When buying a Wii U, gamers will be able to choose between the Basic bundle, which comes with 8GB of internal storage, and the Deluxe bundle, which comes with 32GB of space. By default, due to formatting, the Basic system will have 7.2GB of free memory and the Deluxe will have 29GB. From there, though, the Wii U's OS will take 4.2GB of space. That's about half of the Basic's storage, not counting any expansion through hard drives or SD cards.

Nintendo also specified that New Super Mario Bros. U is approximately a 2GB download. Nintendo Land ranks around 3.2GB. That means Basic system owners can't download both Mario and Nintendo Land to their internal storage without running out of space. Something to keep in mind.

By default, and barring an update that Nintendo says is coming in the future, Wii U will only allow one USB drive to be connected at a time. These drives cannot be disconnected while Wii U is powered on, and the system will support and read up to 2TB of storage.

Drives that will be used by Wii U must be formatted by the system's Data Management system, meaning you can't use the drive with a PC without partitioning. However all data can be moved internally and externally through Wii U's OS.

Drives that require more than USB 2.0 connections might not work properly with Wii U. Drives that have two USB connectors will work, however.

Click for more infoz: http://ca.ign.com/ar...orage-solutions

Edited by Spleenzorio, 14 November 2012 - 07:48 PM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

It doesn't matter to me. I'll be picking up a 2TB HDD.

Posted Image

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Who in thier right mind needs 2TB HDDs any way, my 360 had a 250GB HDD and after installing all my games DLC and save data I still had over 100GB left, I'm getting a 500GB HDD for my Wii U, that will be way more than enough, this is the one I'm getting: http://www.amazon.co..._cmu_pg__header I think it's cool cos It's black like the Wii U and it lights up Blue when it's active just like the Wii U home button, plus it's small, compact and cheap :P

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 14 November 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#4 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Who in thier right mind needs 2TB HDDs any way, my 360 had a 250GB HDD and after installing all my games DLC and save data I still had over 100GB left, I'm getting a 500GB HDD for my Wii U, that will be way more than enough, this is the one I'm getting: http://www.amazon.co..._cmu_pg__header I think it's cool cos It's black like the Wii U and it lights up Blue when it's active just like the Wii U home button, plus it's small, compact and cheap :P

RACIST!

Kidding. But I'm getting a 2TB, just so I can use it with all my PC thingers also :)
Posted Image

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

RACIST!

Kidding. But I'm getting a 2TB, just so I can use it with all my PC thingers also :)

Fair enough then :D

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

http://www.youtube.c...intendodirectch

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

RACIST!

Bare in mind you won't be able to use it with both the Wii U and other devices together. The Wii U will need to format the drive so it can communicate with it and this won't be compatible with PC's and other devices without formatting it again.

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I believe this has been posted before. And lose the iphone and get an android :D much much better.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Bare in mind you won't be able to use it with both the Wii U and other devices together. The Wii U will need to format the drive so it can communicate with it and this won't be compatible with PC's and other devices without formatting it again.

So you can't just format the partition you wanna use for Wii U stuff, and have the second partition for PC stuff?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!