• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Kosmodiar

Kosmodiar

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

I have been pestering my local Gamestop manager for weeks now asking for details on the WiiU midnight launch expecting to hear something back. He had informed me that it is out of his hands and that it was up to corporate... So i googled "gamestop corporate" and hit call! I have posted a video showing my adventure and would like some support if there is anyone else in my boat!

#WiiuMidnight

Have Gamestop issues? Send your complaints to: #GSBS and all your problems will be addressed in the order in which they are received...

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

The console releases on a Sunday, not Monday. This person doesn't know too much about what's going on. And it's pretty sad that GameStop isn't doing a midnight launch. I was looking forward to getting my Wii U Sunday 12:01am.

Posted Image

#3 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

wow wow wow, i am not buying my wii u at best buy to just get my games at gamestop in the morning (in other words i couldnt pre-order at best buy but i had a ton of gift cards for gamestop so they will be used on games)

wa3Nq7j.png

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

I think it varies per store, mine opens 9am on Sunday, but other forum members have stated theirs is at midnight.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Zebra

Zebra

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Cave Story

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

According to Reddit, Gamestop is trying to blame Nintendo.

Edited by Zebra, 15 November 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

According to Reddit, Gamestop is trying to blame Nintendo.

yes, because that makes sense /sarcasm

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Wow, why are you so bothered about it? Someone has a lot of time on their hands...

And actually, yes they DO lose money when they do midnight launches, because they have to pay the workers money to come into work and work... I thought that was pretty obviously. They also have to pay the license for the extra opening times.

They have to have the license, to each separate store, to be able to open at times outside of the usual opening times.

Midnight launches are down to the MANAGER of each store. You were wasting your time going to Gamestop corporate. You should have gone to the manager of your local store, they have the power.

Edited by x-SourApple-x, 15 November 2012 - 05:51 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#8 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

OH NOOOES

wjapt2.jpg

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Feel sorry for you American's, GameStop sound crap, thank God they never brought GAME UK out.

#10 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Midnight launches are down to the MANAGER of each store. You were wasting your time going to Gamestop corporate. You should have gone to the manager of your local store, they have the power.

In America, there really is no such thing as a manager at the local level in any business. The "manager" isnt really a manager, he is a pawn in the corporate game who is micro managed from the corporate office about everything they do even if the "manager" produces positive results on the business.

Anyways dont get bent out of shape about no midnight launch, be happy you have it preordered and you are getting one on sunday. There are plenty of people who will be left out on sunday that would gladly take your preorder in a heartbeat.
Posted Image

#11 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

This is an absolute mess. My GameStop is telling me that Nintendo is forbidding any launch for the console before 9AM, what is going on? I really wish corporate would just issue out a statement about what will and won't happen.

#12 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

This is an absolute mess. My GameStop is telling me that Nintendo is forbidding any launch for the console before 9AM, what is going on? I really wish corporate would just issue out a statement about what will and won't happen.

It doesnt make sense since some best buy's are doing a midnight launch. If GS puts out a statement blaming nintendo then Nintendo should issue a statement as well.
Posted Image

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

It doesnt make sense since some best buy's are doing a midnight launch. If GS puts out a statement blaming nintendo then Nintendo should issue a statement as well.

I agree, it does seem fishy that Nintendo would just suddenly halt any midnight launch two days before the launch night. I'll go talk with the manager tomorrow, see what he knows.

#14 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Oh I thought it was only that store, but since it's happening every where :o what is everyone going to DO, I've never heard of this happening before

wjapt2.jpg

#15 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I had a whole thing typed out about why they can and can't have midnight launches, but it got deleted when I opened another tab. So thanks to Chrome for iPhone sucking butts, here's all I can offer: midnight and early openings locations of EB Games stores across Canada!

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/wiiu/
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#16 roro5pm

roro5pm

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

i don't think its a big deal,....i remember back in '06, my cousins and i went to line up for the wii at target the saturday night before an 8am sunday launch. it was super fun camping out with the other gamers playing board games and chillin'. can't do that anymore so i preordered online. the gamestop next to target didn't open for launch until 10am that year.

#17 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't get it. Over here when NSMB2 and the 3DS XL came out my store practically had a Streetpass party. For Skyrim they had a midnight launch. Why no midnight launch for WiiU? Novemeber 18th is the first day of the 8th generation of home console gaming.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#18 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

I don't get it. Over here when NSMB2 and the 3DS XL came out my store practically had a Streetpass party. For Skyrim they had a midnight launch. Why no midnight launch for WiiU? Novemeber 18th is the first day of the 8th generation of home console gaming.

Exactly. My GameStop has had midnight launches for practically every console or major game. Vita, Brawl, Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, 3DS, you name it. So it's quite odd that my GameStop might not have one too. It has to be something with corporate, whether it be GameStop or Nintendo.

#19 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I was told there is no midnight launch at my store because of their pay schedule. The way the employees get paid at gamestop would be all messed up because the system comes out on a sunday and some people would be getting over time. So, if it was released on any other day, I am pretty sure ALL stores would be doing a midnight launch.

#20 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Talk with the manageer or my gamestop. The midnight launchs are up to that store manager. They get paid on salary so it doesnt matter about being overtime for the company. But since its on a Sat. Most of the managers like to go home.
So with all that said. Mines said he will not be doing a midnight, but will be probably opening up an hr early on Sunday.

Also another way to get them to do a midnight is to have alot of people call in asking baout it then they will think it over more.
Same thing happen with the vita i talked to the guy and he was like no im no doing one . Then we started talking for about 20mins and ended up with if enough people wanted to he would do it. Then the day before he said only 5 people wanted to so he wasnt going to but will be open an hr early that day.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!