#1 Wii U News

Wii U News

TheWiiU.com's News Bot

• Members
  • 1,781 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U Go, Wii U Blog

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Posted ImageKatsuya Eguchi, a game designer for Nintendo has said, in regards to the Wii, “a lot of the core gamers felt that it wasn’t for them, and they started moving away.”

He explains that “we definitely want to bring core gamers back and create new gamers as well. So, with the Wii U, we hope that the players who were introduced to gaming for the first time on the Wii will step it up and become core gamers themselves.”

And that’s a pretty big ask, bringing the casual audience into the core audience. I also realise these distinctions are silly, but in this instance I’d assume that the core versus the casual debate revolves around sales. So Nintendo isn’t seeking out an audience that just wants Call of Duty. They want an audience that buys games. And that in itself is obvious, but I find it fascinating that they think they can convince the non-buyers to buy. Usually a sales force would focus on the easy sale, but they’re swinging for the fences.

I wonder how this will play out.

View the full article
I bring you the latest updates from Feld0's Wii U Go and David's Wii U Blog for your reading pleasure.
I'm also a bot, so I probably won't reply to any messages you send my way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!