Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=500106

* The PlayStation brand will be present in the device name, but not the 4th

* The number 4 in Japan is pronounced "shi". "Shi" also means death. Many hospitals in Japan have therefore no room with the number 4 or even a fourth floor - similar to a few high-rise buildings in the West no 13th Floor have.

* The code name of the console is - as reported - currently Orbis and could perhaps later be part of the final name.

Second Games of the first generation will look like the high-end PC demos on watchdogs and Star Wars 1313 or Square Enix's Luminous tech demo.

* PS4 demos to be shown by Sony at E3 2013th

Third PS4 games will not run well at 4K 'Ultra HD' resolution.

* The standard resolution of the PS4 should be at 1080p and 60 fps.

* If 4k can be used, then probably only for videos.

4th Used games are not readily run on the PS4.

* Sony is planning certain protections in the PS4, including perhaps an online pass or something similar.

5th The memory should be at 4GB to 8GB

The PS4 will probably have 4GB of memory, but in the end could have 8GB: If the Microsoft Xbox 360 successor have 8GB memory, then Sony would be put under pressure and should follow suit.

6th 16GB flash memory are planned.

7th The PS4 will not be backwards compatible with PS3 games.

8th Games need to be registered to PlayStation Network account.

9th The paid premium service PlayStation Plus will be an important pillar of the PS4.

10th Every PS4 should be shipped with a PS Move compatible controller and camera.

11th Classic games will be available via cloud gaming (Gaikai).

12th "In-Game" Advertising is to keep on the PS4 collection.

13th The console will use an AMD Accelerated Processor (4 cores). The chip carries the code name "Liverpool" and is produced in a 28-nanometer process.

14th The PS4 will cost about EUR 400 to EUR 500 in Europe, where Sony has here probably expect to lose.

if is not BS i can only say.... LOL the only good thing seems to be the graphics but all the others mother of god, its like shooting yourself in the head.
Posted Image

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

OHHH we're losing money! Better make an expensive console again and go into an even further debt! Hurrrrrrr

Posted Image

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

4th Used games are not readily run on the PS4.
14th The PS4 will cost about EUR 400 to EUR 500 in Europe, where Sony has here probably expect to lose.

Well, there went my purchase.

Edited by GameCollector, 16 November 2012 - 06:33 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

If any one thinks the ps4 and the xbox 720 are going to be cheap you are sadly mistaken. Both systems will probably be minum 450.
Posted Image

#5 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

Can't play used/pre-owned games without paying some additional fee, and it's not backwards compatible with PS3 games? AND there's going to be advertisements in the game I just paid $60 for? Uhh goodbye Sony, guess it's just Nintendo and Microsoft now!

Edited by bornsupercharged, 16 November 2012 - 07:20 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Weren't Microsoft and Sony looking into ways to prevent their next gen systems from playing used-games? If so, lol.

Edited by Zinix, 16 November 2012 - 07:25 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

This is why Sony are n00bs, backwards compatibility is more important then they think...

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

10th Every PS4 should be shipped with a PS Move compatible controller and camer

Lol fail. PS Move is a casual thing. 400-500 USD is NOT a casual price. Granted, the graphics are amazing if they really are FF Demo quality (still the only thing prettier than Zelda demo that I have seen in terms of console graphics), but paying 500 bucks for them? How about no and just buy a Wii U, with decent graphics but with a way better controller and way better games and way cheaper price. AND backwards compatability = more games, more control options in general.. Kind of like more everything, except for graphical specs and RAM and stuff like that.
No sig.

#9 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

If any one thinks the ps4 and the xbox 720 are going to be cheap you are sadly mistaken. Both systems will probably be minum 450.

yeah but Microsoft is doing a smart phone type contract with the 720.
something like $100 down and $20 a month for 2 or 3 years cant remember the exact length.
and that will include the system a controller and the live service for the duration of the contract.. which really.. if you were gonna have live anyway.. isn't a bad deal.

wow.
i was impressed by the power and the tech of the ps3, but ultimately they never really harnessed it.
then i see this.. O_o oh boy..
thank god Sony has so many fan boys, or this would mark the end of Sony im sure.
Posted Image

#10 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Are they INSANE?! No backwards compatibilty was bad enough.

And you know what? Sony fanboys are like "omg this is amazing". Only ever looking at power specs.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Did you just say games need to be registered online?!? Is that their attempt to kill used gaming? Plus what about the millions of people without internet? Screw you Sony!

Signature_DK.png

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh screw you $ony and you wonder why your business is up to it's eyeballs in crap, the PlayStation brand is a rip off!

#13 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

It is fake.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sounds like they get their information from the internet too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hopefully, none of this is true. Orbis sounds odd for a console name. I hope they stick with PS4 in the west since the number 4 has no alternate meaning.

#16 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Sounds like they get their information from the internet too.

I think you're right, nothing about this seems like the right decision at all...

#17 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Can't play used/pre-owned games without paying some additional fee, and it's not backwards compatible with PS3 games? AND there's going to be advertisements in the game I just paid $60 for? Uhh goodbye Sony, guess it's just Nintendo and Microsoft now!

If anything is to happen on used games it would be similar to PS3 or Vita. Online passes & factory restores to activate trophies. Most likely that protection method will last a good while before they pay people to code out other protection methods.

Backwards compatability is a given on Microsoft and Sony consoles and sort of on Nintendo consoles (At least so far their just supporting the previous only in later systems). Either a select few games do not work or none at all due to a format change. If you buy Sony you might as well be prepared for this. I have been buying more digital based on Sony (more so on Vita than PS3) more and more these days. At least with digital you have hopes of playing it on the next one up. Perhaps even keeping your saves without a transfer if you pay for PS+ to store your game saves.

You might as well quit gaming in general if you do not like advertisements in your games. They have been happening for years and will continue to do so in the future.
Posted Image Ah, poweraid inz me gmez. Wer be me hammer tu bash conzules.

How I read this poor English is something similar to the PS Vita. Press the PS Button, get the overlay for tabs, and have your options with three PS Vita related ad blocks sitting at the bottom of the screen. Nothing huge, in the way, et cetera. Only a company trying to advertise there store related items, because not everyone has to enter the PS Store. It is an option bubble that is not required to be opened.

Edited by UnholyVision, 17 November 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#18 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

If anything is to happen on used games it would be similar to PS3 or Vita. Online passes & factory restores to activate trophies. Most likely that protection method will last a good while before they pay people to code out other protection methods.

Backwards compatability is a given on Microsoft and Sony consoles and sort of on Nintendo consoles (At least so far their just supporting the previous only in later systems). Either a select few games do not work or none at all due to a format change. If you buy Sony you might as well be prepared for this. I have been buying more digital based on Sony (more so on Vita than PS3) more and more these days. At least with digital you have hopes of playing it on the next one up. Perhaps even keeping your saves without a transfer if you pay for PS+ to store your game saves.

You might as well quit gaming in general if you do not like advertisements in your games. They have been happening for years and will continue to do so in the future.
Posted Image Ah, poweraid inz me gmez. Wer be me hammer tu bash conzules.

How I read this poor English is something similar to the PS Vita. Press the PS Button, get the overlay for tabs, and have your options with three PS Vita related ad blocks sitting at the bottom of the screen. Nothing huge, in the way, et cetera. Only a company trying to advertise there store related items, because not everyone has to enter the PS Store. It is an option bubble that is not required to be opened.

http://n00bpwners.co...eo-game-for-ad/
This is why number 12 scares me.
Posted Image

#19 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

http://n00bpwners.co...eo-game-for-ad/
This is why number 12 scares me.

:laugh: That will not be happening for quiet some time. If companies even do this to begin with. It would all be based on cloud gaming and heck the market is only almost tied in digital sales vs physical. Retail is still the overall choice so we are not really in the digital download vs cloud gaming ages just yet. Though once we are I doubt this would take affect or last very long if the competitor is not jumping onto the band wagon. The thing is, if consoles do this ever than you will see more people on the PC. Some day we will probably have these silly wars over stuff like Steam vs Onlive. Yet even Onlive offers a download option if I am thinking right...

#20 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

:laugh: That will not be happening for quiet some time. If companies even do this to begin with. It would all be based on cloud gaming and heck the market is only almost tied in digital sales vs physical. Retail is still the overall choice so we are not really in the digital download vs cloud gaming ages just yet. Though once we are I doubt this would take affect or last very long if the competitor is not jumping onto the band wagon. The thing is, if consoles do this ever than you will see more people on the PC. Some day we will probably have these silly wars over stuff like Steam vs Onlive. Yet even Onlive offers a download option if I am thinking right...

Sure, to us it sounds like a ridiculous idea, but at this point I'm not willing to put it past Sony. With all the crap decisions they've been making, this would just be par for the course. And this is coming from someone who only knew console gaming by the PS1 and PS2 before this generation.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!