#1 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Should I be concerned? The box didn't have it's seal on each end. The controller didn't have the green tape to seal it in the white bag, and the console itself didn't have any green tape on it. The reason I'm concerned is because I watched unboxing videos with all the seals, and I recall my wii having these same seals. I picked mine up at Gamestop. I asked another customer if his had seals on the box, and there wasn't for his either. I didn't see if his was sealed inside.

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Nah it's fine
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

I think I've heard it's a normal thing from other YouTube videos, but why be so worried if your Wii U is obviously working without any problems?

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Should I be concerned? The box didn't have it's seal on each end. The controller didn't have the green tape to seal it in the white bag, and the console itself didn't have any green tape on it. The reason I'm concerned is because I watched unboxing videos with all the seals, and I recall my wii having these same seals. I picked mine up at Gamestop. I asked another customer if his had seals on the box, and there wasn't for his either. I didn't see if his was sealed inside.

I think there are no seals I thought I saw a unboxing on you tube and the guy went for his box cutter and then noticedthere was no seal I would not be worried as long as the system was wraped in the plasic you should be good
Posted Image

#5 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

I think there are no seals I thought I saw a unboxing on you tube and the guy went for his box cutter and then noticedthere was no seal I would not be worried as long as the system was wraped in the plasic you should be good

That's the thing though the bags were opened. I thought they were suppose to be tightly sealed to prevent dust and scratches? I haven't turned it on yet, but I hope they weren't throwing it around. I expected it to be factory sealed.

#6 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Was there plastic sticky stuff on it? Like clear plastic tape that you had to peel away from the console?
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#7 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

None of them are sealed, the box is really really secure, and the gamepad doesnt come with tape

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Here's a theory, it's totally made up but could be true. Perhaps the retailers takes one or two boxes from every batch they get and open them to make sure there was no damage in delivery and that should indicate the state of the whole batch.
Posted Image

#9 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Was there plastic sticky stuff on it? Like clear plastic tape that you had to peel away from the console?

No, there was no tape or anything sticky on it.

#10 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yeah, this has happened on lots of un-boxings, people being confused that it wasn't sealed.
Don't worry about it.

#11 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

None of them are sealed, the box is really really secure, and the gamepad doesnt come with tape

The white bag the game pad was in was opened, and so was the bag the console was in.

#12 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

There should have been at least a clear protective tape covering the wii u its self looks like you got 1 from the factory that they forgot to cover in the manufaturing process no big deal as long as it works yo u should be fine and there are no defects.
Posted Image

#13 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Then it has previously been opened. You're too late to take it back though if you've left the store already.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#14 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

Another thing I found odd was that there was no Club Nintendo points. Also, the HDMI cable is silver plated but perhaps that's just nit picking. I hope this console has nothing wrong with it. I'm goiing to test it out after lunch. Oh, and one other thing when I hit the power button on the game pad it turned on. I found that odd because normally you would have to charge these devices because the batteries are fully depleted.

Then it has previously been opened. You're too late to take it back though if you've left the store already.

If there's something wrong with it I can take it back. The guy said he had two others in the back.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Sounds a little fishy, but it should be ok, let us know how it goes when you test it.

#16 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

The only thing that had green tape was the Wii sensor bar. It's covered by Nintendo for a year. I think I'm going to stop buying consoles from Gamestop. I don't like their policies of opening sealed copies of games, and sealing it to me as a new copy. Not cool at all. Especially, if I'm buying someone a game as a gift.

Edited by PRP777, 18 November 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

same here but everything is seal inside
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Mine wasn't sealed either but everything was in there. No big deal.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#19 Eggplante!

Eggplante!

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hey guys - the confusion seems to be the black versus white unit. We've got a bunch of units floating around here at Eggplante, and our white ones have no protective tape, but the black ones all do. Our guess is that the black one smudges and scratches easier.

In any case, there is nothing to worry about. All the packages are unsealed, as is usually the case with Nintendo hardware, and there is only tape on the black units.

Eggplante!com
video games, music, movies, concerts, photography
…and more!

#20 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yep, this is normal, mine wasn't sealed either. The console would likely be behind the store counter or glass container so security isn't a big problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!