#1 Bowser Jr

Bowser Jr

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, and Sonic

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Post the stories of you picking up your Wii U in this thread to share with everyone.

#2 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

1. Lined up at GAME for midnight launch
2. Bought Wii U
3. Got a taxi home
4. Went to bed
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

I have a really funny and cool story.

I walked into the store and bought one.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Not much of a story but a picture is worth a thousand words so:

Posted Image

I asked if I could get a Scribblenauts hat even tho I didn't pre-order and they let me have one :D
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

1. Lined up at GAME for midnight launch
2. Bought Wii U
3. Got a taxi home
4. Went to bed

I thought the UK release was the 30th, plus GAME don't do midnight releases?

#6 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

I thought the UK release was the 30th, plus GAME don't do midnight releases?

It was sarcasm, and yes they do. I've been to 4 midnight releases at GAME in the past 1 month.

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

It was sarcasm, and yes they do. I've been to 4 midnight releases at GAME in the past 1 month.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh do I get extra points for thickness lmao, and I was told by an employee that yes they do midnight launches for games but not for consoles. I was told to be at my local GAME 2 hours before they open on the 30th which would make it 6am in the morning, My local GAME gets very busy on release days.

#8 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well look up GAME Southampton on Facebook, and you'll see them always talking about midnight launches.

Trust me, they do midnight launches for consoles in my local store too. Your local store manager is talking a load of crock. He probably just can't be bothered to open up at midnight, but the manager of my local store is an awesome guy. Mega helpful, and let's you in the store at like 11pm, instead of waiting out in the cold, as you get to do all your trade ins as well before 12am hits and allowed to buy the actual item.

My local GAME also gets busy, and there's 2 stores! D: The one that I'm talking about though closes in December though, and they're just keeping the one open in West Quay instead.

https://www.facebook...GameSouthampton this is their page if you don't want to look it up.

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

• Go to bed expecting to wake up at 7:45 for six hours sleep, to get console at BJs at 9am.
  • Gets woken up at 6 by mother to tell me she found out Target has Wii Us and they open at 8, with a potential savings of 5% with a Target card so she'll stop there first.
  • Arrive at Target half dead, see 40 person line. "Told you so!" (She thinks console launches don't get lines, only Black Friday)
  • Wait on line, guy comes out to tell us not to run cause they have "plenty".
  • Manage to get black Wii U. Try opening up a Target Card but the computer won't do it, manager gives us 10% discount.
  • Stop by BJs later, they have NO WiiU anything.
  • ???
  • Open at Xmas.

Edited by Ixchel, 18 November 2012 - 09:55 AM.

Posted Image

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Well look up GAME Southampton on Facebook, and you'll see them always talking about midnight launches.

Trust me, they do midnight launches for consoles in my local store too. Your local store manager is talking a load of crock. He probably just can't be bothered to open up at midnight, but the manager of my local store is an awesome guy. Mega helpful, and let's you in the store at like 11pm, instead of waiting out in the cold, as you get to do all your trade ins as well before 12am hits and allowed to buy the actual item.

My local GAME also gets busy, and there's 2 stores! D: The one that I'm talking about though closes in December though, and they're just keeping the one open in West Quay instead.

https://www.facebook...GameSouthampton this is their page if you don't want to look it up.

Oh pretty cool, launch days gonna be sooooo fun, my Mrs is gonna be popping into my local GAME about a week before just to make sure though, I let you know if mine is doing one, but the mangaer was adament he wasn't sooooo

#11 Dizzo1992

Dizzo1992

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Opened 10 different tabs called every store all sold out last resort best buy called they said they had some in stock not aloud to say how many. So i drove super fast to get to best buy finally got there and.... they had some in stock! :D Funny thing was I originally preordred it from best buy but canceled because of black ops 2 and halo 4 i didn't think i would have enough money sure enough the cancel preorder never canceled so mine was sitting there :) I bought it for Christmas so my parents wouldn't have to go crazy searching for one now the waiting game begins... :(

#12 naadofett

naadofett

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm on the waiting list at my local GameStop for a 8gb and 32gb to see whichever one comes in first. This morning I literally had a dream around 8am where I rolled out of bed on launch day with the feeling I could secure a Wii U somewhere. Then I woke up and realized I was only dreaming. Then I thought, well, maybe it is worth a shot after all.

Went to Walmart around 9:15 this morning (no pre-order) since the webiste said this store had them in stock 15 minutes before going over. They were sold out. Went across the street to Best Buy where there were already about 10 people in line just before 9:30 (non-preorders) and the guy came out and handed out papers for 12x deluxe units for people who didn't preorder (I was #11) and they had a stack of 8gb papers, but only a couple people in line after me at that point so they took 8gb units. After that I went to Fry's and got a Pro controller. They said they only had 5 deluxe units, which were all sold out. They had about 8x 8gb units there unclaimed, but were all stupid Fry's bundles that they couldn't sell the unit separately from. Then I went to Target near my apartment and grabbed their very last deluxe unit (non-preorder) for a friend of mine who is on a waiting list at GameStop and didn't make an attempt to get one on launch day because he thought they were sold out everywhere. Finally I went to the Target they recently added to our mall and they were 100% sold out already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!