Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

O.k my Wii U is not reading any disks Is anybody having the same problem? I finished the System Update and I put the game with the picture top side and it still won't work.I don't know I have a defective Wii U or an I doing something wrong please help me.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Some people are having problems with the internet, some people are having problems with the GamePad, some people are bricking thier systems by turning it off while it's updating, and now this WTF is going on?

#3 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

I haven't had this yet ( playing NSMBU as I speak). But I've seen some people on the tech support forums reporting that their console will not read discs. I'd say call Nintendo, or return the console ( the first option is better, you have a batter chance of getting another Wii U).

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

omg wtf is going on I might not even open my deluxe monday and just sell it wtf this is unaceptable.
Posted Image

#5 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Wow, okay. Now, I'm glad I'm getting this for christmas, hopefully all this will be solved by then.

#6 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Besides the long update times mine is working flawless. I'd call nintendo because everyone is sold out. Except me I have one more deluxe for sale lol

#7 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'd contact Nintendo if I were you.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#8 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

this must be some kind of curse from microsoft, the rotten consoles lol they are like Nurgle
Posted Image

#9 EC1992

EC1992

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, Super Smash Bros

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

My Wii U so far is flawless besides long system update time. I'll post if I get any disk errors. Hopefully not since it was expensive for me. But so worth it if it runs flawless after update as well :D I was enjoying Disney Epic Mickey 2 before I updated, can't wait to check out NSMBU on Tuesday when it comes in the mail.
Playing: NSMBU, Batman: Arkham City, Disney Epic Mickey, & Nintendoland. Black console.
Getting: Skylanders Giants for Wii U, White Vita bundle, Gravity Rush, LBP, Uncharted: Golden Abyss,
& Persona 4: Solid Gold Premium Collector's Edition. Gonna be awesome Christmas :-)

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

dang idk whats going on with them. All has been good with me. Been up and playing it for a few hrs now.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#11 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Don't bother calling Nintendo, they'll tell you to send your brand new console in for repair.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#12 BriticusMerMer

BriticusMerMer

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'm having the same issue.  I updated the system and then the gamepad became stuck on the "select a user" screen.  No response from any buttons but the home button and the tv button.  When I press the TV button it opens the tv remote screen but nothing works (volume, etc). When I press the TV button again it takes me back to the select user screen and suddenly the touch screen works again.  It won't let me select my Mii or even create a new user.  The "user settings" button doesn't work either.  Instead it just swaps the tiles back and forth between my mii and "add new user".  I'm on the phone with Nintendo now and I have to send my WiiU in for repair.  

This cannot be happening....how on earth can something so colossal occur on the FIRST day?  Gamestop has no more WiiUs to swap it out with either.  So angry right now.

#13 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

iwonder if the update is causeing the systems to screw up you would of thought nintendo would test a major update before relesing it.
Posted Image

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

wow all this carp better be fixed by the 30th

#15 Vbosch

Vbosch

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Anytime I try and play a game, or Netflix, it says preparing update, and nothing else!! HELP!

#16 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

This cannot be happening....how on earth can something so colossal occur on the FIRST day? Gamestop has no more WiiUs to swap it out with either. So angry right now.

Now you know what the Japanese people feel like when their first to recieve a device. All those lovely test subjects to get everything right before a launch overseas. Guess Nintendo wanted to give the nihonjin a break this time around.

Regardless, all this sucks, but it is sort of to be expected. <_<

O.k my Wii U is not reading any disks Is anybody having the same problem? I finished the System Update and I put the game with the picture top side and it still won't work.I don't know I have a defective Wii U or an I doing something wrong please help me.

Sounds crazy, but have you tried turning the system off say its side (if you have it vertical)? Had a similar issue with an old Xbox 360, the disc would not totally align with the tray correctly.

Edited by UnholyVision, 18 November 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#17 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Don't bother calling Nintendo, they'll tell you to send your brand new console in for repair.

I agree, useless to me. They will expect you to pay to ship back your brand new system to receive a refurbished unit and then charge you to ship it back, lol.

#18 Vbosch

Vbosch

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Nintendo has been no help

just told me, they don't what the issue is. Don't know what to tell me.

#19 just2good

just2good

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Don't worry, Brentalfloss was facing this problem, too. A lot of people responded with some tips though, which might help.

#20 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Are updates really that long? Mine was done in 30 mins and my internet is slower then Snooki.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!