• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

So, I went out and got a whole slew of things for the wii u like black ops the pro controller, and zombie u.....

I think I am returning zombie u because of the horrible reviews....but I have been playing black ops with the gamepad....and truthfully I'm loving it....has nobody else been using the gamepad extensively for black ops?? What do you think?? I'm thinking of returning my pro controller also simply because the gamepad is really not a hindrance at all and is more fun truthfully. What are your thoughts on the gamepad for fps?

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

So, I went out and got a whole slew of things for the wii u like black ops the pro controller, and zombie u.....

I think I am returning zombie u because of the horrible reviews....but I have been playing black ops with the gamepad....and truthfully I'm loving it....has nobody else been using the gamepad extensively for black ops?? What do you think?? I'm thinking of returning my pro controller also simply because the gamepad is really not a hindrance at all and is more fun truthfully. What are your thoughts on the gamepad for fps?

I definitely would be playing it a lot on the Gamepad. I've had BO2 since launch on Xbox. SO I'd want to give that controller a go. ^_^

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Gearbox said a while ago Borderlands 2 would work really well on the Wii U due to the GamePad.

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Gearbox said a while ago Borderlands 2 would work really well on the Wii U due to the GamePad.

Borderlands is not a traditional FPS, it is RPG based so inventory management may be easier on the touch screen.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Borderlands is not a traditional FPS, it is RPG based so inventory management may be easier on the touch screen.

True, but similar concept.....I'm just finding that I really don't need he pro controller....it's 50 bucks...I haven't eve opened it yet....and the gamepad isjust so friction awesome and too damn fun.....without hindering play at all....at least not yet

#6 Jehuty

Jehuty

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

its been fine for me to, btw add me for multiplayer
nn: Jehuty

#7 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

True, but similar concept.....I'm just finding that I really don't need he pro controller....it's 50 bucks...I haven't eve opened it yet....and the gamepad isjust so friction awesome and too damn fun.....without hindering play at all....at least not yet

Well not all games will support the gamepad, though most will, the pro controller could have its advantages.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#8 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Well not all games will support the gamepad, though most will, the pro controller could have its advantages.

Right right....this all makes sense.....it's just I can make back 110 bucks by returning zombie and the pro controller....and I'm weighing my options to see if its worth it...I'm thinkin it is....if I can do black ops with the gamepad.....then I don't see much value in the pro controller.....it's the pro style....but the gamepad feels awesome as of now to me....and like I said before.....the gamepad isjust plan awesome

#9 Dougr

Dougr

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm excited to give it a try, having a lot of trouble updating my gamepad though.

#10 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I played it tonight. Gamepad feels very natural. I will have to train my thumb to go down to reload/swap weapons, etc... but that shouldn't take too long. Just a matter of memorizing the distance down to each button.

Also, this might just be me being overly sensitive, but it felt like you needed to move the analog sticks a touch more than a hairline to get them to inch over when zoomed in...maybe I just haven't played Black Ops in a while and the game itself is different from Borderlands 2, or maybe it's a Wii U Gamepad thing.

Right right....this all makes sense.....it's just I can make back 110 bucks by returning zombie and the pro controller....and I'm weighing my options to see if its worth it...I'm thinkin it is....if I can do black ops with the gamepad.....then I don't see much value in the pro controller.....it's the pro style....but the gamepad feels awesome as of now to me....and like I said before.....the gamepad isjust plan awesome

I actually returned ZombiU in favor of Black Ops 2...and I certainly don't regret the decision, but after having hands on with the Gamepad itself and hearing a lot of positive buzz about the game in these forums (where people are actually being brutally honest about everything Wii U), I think I will sometime soon go out about buy ZombiU, as well. I wouldn't be so quick to return it right away...

#11 notaclownshoe

notaclownshoe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

il be fps-ing on a wii remote and chuck i dont do silly retro fps controls lol at the CASUAL way to auto aim a fps does not apply to me i play fps the CURRECT WAY mouse pointer end of decussion il be using my gamepad as the hud/map/class change etc or as second player screen il be fpsing AND WINNING 9/10 MATCHES as i always do with wii remote and chuck auto aim/poor moving cam/quickscoping is for casuals as is baby hold your hand cry baby cam i meen kill cam for babys

going from wii remote and chuck back to twin sticks is like going from a daily shower and teeth brush back to licking your own azz clean like a caveman LOL at auto aim fps clowns

Edited by notaclownshoe, 18 November 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Played ac3 from the gamepad for a while. Reminded me of the vita bit better sonce the graphic are better and bigger screen.

Also on zombiu u you gotta see if its your type of game. To me its great. Pretty scary and on point with being real.
I think ots just something that people arent use to.
They want left4dead or dead rising. But this game is a different ball game. Its not a fps. Its a fight to live ever sec or die.

Whish most of the bad review are because they wanted a fps zombi game, which this is not.
Ammo os low. Tons of zombies, no pausing while switching weapons or accessing stuff.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!