• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 notaclownshoe

notaclownshoe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

right the chips are ether ddr3 or gddr3 and as gddr3 uses less power and produce less heat then im going with gddr3 not ddr3 but ether way its the same ram !!!!!!!!!!! there both ddr3 based it might even be customized some how but not likely

right the first ANTI NINTENDO ram report stated 17 gb bandwidth pie in the sky number fished out of thin air end of argument !!!

second report said 6.4gb bandwidth YEAH YEAH WIIU HAS TEGRA 3 BANDWIDTH OR XBOX 1 BANDWIDTH again total unicorn rider BS...

3rd report stated 12gb based on a total miss information regarding the wii gddr3 witch doesnt compute as that was secondery ram the 1tsram was the main ram on a 64 bit bus the gddr3 ran SECONDARY on a 32 bit bus ...

right the tear downs all revealed the same number 1600 or 800 dual channel so can we expect the ram to be 800mhz dual channel = 1600mhz ddr3/g

right heres some telling info xbox 360 was 700mhz and 128 bit = 24gb bandwidth

the powerpc 45nm 128 bit ring bus uses ddr3 at 1600mhz the cpu the wiiu is using (power7 my azz) so if an and tech and other miss informed idiots can see its a 1600 mhz chip this matches perfectly with the powerpc 128 bit bus of 800mhz and the powerpc 45nm clock speed of 1600mhz

then we look at xbox 360 its 128 bit bus its 24gb its gddr3 same ram

so up to this point the 2gb ram IF A SINGLE BUS = 28gb bandwidth or there abouts if theres a secondary bus like wii (32 bit) and gamecube (8bit) then we have 28gb bandwidth GAME 1GB and say 6.4gb 32 bit for the OS 1GB

its ether of the 2 and 6.4gb 12gb and 17gb are total BULL!! SH%T!!

ANAND TECH BASED THIS ON 32 BIT THEN 64 BIT AS THE FIRST REPORT WAS TO ANTI NINTENDO TO PUT OUT SO THEY DOUBLED IT BUT STILL LOOKED STUPID AS THERE 100% WRONG

1600 mhz ddr3 is currect the bus speed and bit rate is were these clowns went wrong POWERPC 32 BIT 45NM = 128 BIT RING BUS

so the 4 chips = 28gb bandwidth or 28gb bandwidth plus what ever the second bus is (if dual bus like wii and gamecube)

Edited by notaclownshoe, 18 November 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Keep in mind the people telling this info are taking these things apart, so they might know something.

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Keep in mind the people telling this info are taking these things apart, so they might know something.

I can take anything apart and put it back together.
Hell i solder to ic chips before. Legs smaller then a hair.
But yet i couldnt tell you crap about ram or cpus/gpus.
So thay doesnt mean they know anything.
Also i do kbow thay specs arent always fixed. New tech can.use.things of lower spec but still come out faster.
I know this for a fact. And have haf cellphone of lower clock speed out do other of higher.
Its jist all about what the chips inside.can do.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Currently there are some news articles floating around saying the bandwidth for the Wii U is 17gb/s. They are basing this on the DDR3 memory frequency. This is again an incomplete truth, you cannot determine the bandwidth with memory speed without knowing how fast the controller handles it to the CPU/GPU. Also eDRAM isn’t even included in the equation, the real bandwidth is about 30+gb/s with everything factored in. Opening up the console and reading a line on the memory does not give an accurate estimate

#5 notaclownshoe

notaclownshoe

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

xbox 360 700mhz dual channel = 1400mhz gddr3 = 24gb 128 bus

wiiu 45nm powerpc bus 128 bit clock 800mhz dual channel ddr3 gddr3 =28gb bandwidth = the exact clock speed wiiboy101 stated in the powerpc 32 bit 45nm 476fp ibm report

wiiu is a 45nm tri core cpu and a 45 to 40nm gpu with edram its clearly looking more and more the truth as the ram is around the 1600mhz mark and ddr3/g the main ram is on a 128bit bus not 32 not 64 power pc 750 had 64bit bus powerpc 400 series 45nm has a 128 bit bus

the bandwidth is around 24 to 32gb 28gb ish being the most likely all depending on how close the clock speeds are to 800/1600

Currently there are some news articles floating around saying the bandwidth for the Wii U is 17gb/s. They are basing this on the DDR3 memory frequency. This is again an incomplete truth, you cannot determine the bandwidth with memory speed without knowing how fast the controller handles it to the CPU/GPU. Also eDRAM isn’t even included in the equation, the real bandwidth is about 30+gb/s with everything factored in. Opening up the console and reading a line on the memory does not give an accurate estimate

yes the big monster performer is the EDRAM to gpu and cpu thats the whole point main ram doesnt need to be so gddr5 isnt used but to state bandwidths lower than wii and on par with xbox 1 IS IN YOUR FACE OUT RIGHT LYING ANTI NINTENDO NONSENSE

even 12 gb is pushing the bs button 17 (maybe) but lets get real 1gb os 1gb games would be like 8 plus gb each thats the same as wii LOL

its easy around 24 to 28 to 32 gb bandwidth for that main ram BUT ALSO REMEMBER GC AND WII HAD A SECOND BUS WIIU COULD ALSO so the os 1gb gets its own smaller bandwidth and the 1gb game ram gets the whole 28gb (or whatever) these reports are total silly pony its down right embarasing for these sites to be so wrong

the only other option is 1gb 64bit bus and 1gb 64 bit bus DUAL 64 BIT BUS= 12to 16gb bandwidth each = 24 to 32 gb ish total

128 bus or 128 bit bus plus second bus or dual 64 bit bus replaces old wii bus of 64 bit and 32 bit that could be the case and it still beats out 17gb with ease

Edited by notaclownshoe, 18 November 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I don't understand this sh#t, could someone explain?
No sig.

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

That should be the way it is. But unfortunately it's not.

Idk about anyone else but anand is embarrassing himself with the way they arrive at their conclusions, get it wrong, try again, etc.

They offer pure speculation in the CPU and gpu. Pure speculation on the edram. And then, while matching part numbers and begin to ALMOST start to make sense, then revert to the original Wii specs, which this console shares nothing with, and begin to dog the ram based on the wii.

Smart? Knowledgable? Sure. If we were talking about the original wii. But even then, they don't understand the wii ram layout.

But...

We aren't talking about the old wii.

They were stupid for even bringing it up.

In fact, the only reason they did is so that they could falsely report the ram specs while at the same time connecting the wii u to the wii in the readers mind so that they could conclude (which they do in very obvious terms) that the wii u is in the same generation as the ps/360.

Why do they make that connection? Is it because they factually reported ram performance? Nope. It's still a huge guess, and part of their hypothesis is the upgraded GameCube known as the wii...

Is it bause they know the exact nature of the CPU or gpu? Nope. And they're still guessing on both.

Then there is the power draw, which instead of lauding as a power 7 derived power management miracle and praise Nintendo further for integrating things to make better power at higher efficiency, they try to play it off like the machine isn't using power because it has none.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad to see an agenda at work. I've liked an ads work at times over the years. But this is pretty pathetic.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#8 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

well within the next week theTRUTH will be out. every have patience just have patience.

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

well within the next week theTRUTH will be out. every have patience just have patience.

Whether it comes out by then or thereafter, it will come out. It always does.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

Yeah it is what it is. nintendo always put the pressure on developers to be innovative... and think outside the box. developers dont like that they just want nintendo to give them more specs and thats it. this console will have more than enough power. it will just be up to developers to pull their head out their butts and make good use of it no matter what sony and microsoft bring to the market in the next two years.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

I diddn't understand a bloody word of that lol, whatever it is it sounds pretty awesome, could someone dumb it down for me?

#12 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

UnchainedGoku - the simple explanation is that a couple of people think we're wrong. I don't believe there's much more to it than that.

#13 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

That should be the way it is. But unfortunately it's not.

Idk about anyone else but anand is embarrassing himself with the way they arrive at their conclusions, get it wrong, try again, etc.

They offer pure speculation in the CPU and gpu. Pure speculation on the edram. And then, while matching part numbers and begin to ALMOST start to make sense, then revert to the original Wii specs, which this console shares nothing with, and begin to dog the ram based on the wii.

Smart? Knowledgable? Sure. If we were talking about the original wii. But even then, they don't understand the wii ram layout.

But...

We aren't talking about the old wii.

They were stupid for even bringing it up.

In fact, the only reason they did is so that they could falsely report the ram specs while at the same time connecting the wii u to the wii in the readers mind so that they could conclude (which they do in very obvious terms) that the wii u is in the same generation as the ps/360.

Why do they make that connection? Is it because they factually reported ram performance? Nope. It's still a huge guess, and part of their hypothesis is the upgraded GameCube known as the wii...

Is it bause they know the exact nature of the CPU or gpu? Nope. And they're still guessing on both.

Then there is the power draw, which instead of lauding as a power 7 derived power management miracle and praise Nintendo further for integrating things to make better power at higher efficiency, they try to play it off like the machine isn't using power because it has none.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad to see an agenda at work. I've liked an ads work at times over the years. But this is pretty pathetic.

You rock... that's all I wanted to say lol.

#14 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Nintendo is D00med

#15 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

I can take anything apart and put it back together.
Hell i solder to ic chips before. Legs smaller then a hair.
But yet i couldnt tell you crap about ram or cpus/gpus.
So thay doesnt mean they know anything.
Also i do kbow thay specs arent always fixed. New tech can.use.things of lower spec but still come out faster.
I know this for a fact. And have haf cellphone of lower clock speed out do other of higher.
Its jist all about what the chips inside.can do.

Man soldering ic chips is a pain in the azz.
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Holy crap people, calm down. You dont need a blazing fast main memory if your system has a competent memory heiarchy.

That GB of memory is just a holding pool, it doesnt need to be fast. What needs to be fast is the other memory types, the one that grabs data from the memory pool and moves it to the processors to be used.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Man soldering ic chips is a pain in the azz.

Yep. Sucks when the chips have a ton of pins. I remeber doing a surface mount pic chip. 7-9 of them could fit on a penny. Had to solder all 8 wires with 30awg wires.
I think i got a pix somewhere...... Found it. Was making a digital keypad lock.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/xile6/IMG_20110715_161502.jpg
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Ive researched the Hynix memory, its of the exact same specifications as the samsung memory found in other wii u's.

12.8 Gb a second is Legit. People, let it go. Whatever else you may think of you dont like about what this guys said... You cant use 12.8 Gb/s bandwidth. Its straight.

1.6 Gb a pin @ 8 pins = a max bandwidth for the 2Gb pool of main memory of 12.8Ghz a second.

So, why are people freaking out over this? I mean, if Wii u had to rely on this main memorys bandwidth the way ps3 and 360 did, thats one thing, but the wii u has a whole buttload of edram on both processors, with bandwidth and latency that makes ddr look like a joke. This memories only purpose is to hold crap thats not being used so that top tier memory can switch it in and out, and keep the os and multitasking apps in the background. You dont need a ton of bandwidth to be a bucket.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I suppose you're right 3Dude. I just didn't want to admit the system would be fast with slow memory. I've seen the difference memory bandwidth makes on computer graphics cards, which of course don't have edram, just cache.

To the "why are you freaking out over this?" statement.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I suppose you're right 3Dude. I just didn't want to admit the system would be fast with slow memory. I've seen the difference memory bandwidth makes on computer graphics cards, which of course don't have edram, just cache.

To the "why are you freaking out over this?" statement.

Fast? Yeah, depends on who uses it. Nintendo has always had an old school design mentality. The same kind of Mentality that is shared by devs like Shinen, and the old pc jedi's like future shop.

Kids who have been raised on limitless memory and Ghz power, have never had any experience managing anything, as all machines they have been used has been so powerful it just chugs through their horribly sloppy code. Cant do that with Nintendo systems. You could never do that with Nintendo systems. No matter how much incompetent spoiled dev kids whine, this has never, and will never, be anything but a good thing, until the day the singularity is upon us, and man and machine are one.

Go through Iwatas asks about the wii u, and dev interviews by named well known devs like shin en, and see what they have to say about memory, and specifically, Memory heiarchy.

Memory heiarchy means that slow main ram is the bottom of a totem poll, of a heiarchy ram system.

"I would draw attention to how efficient it is. For a computer to function efficiently, memory hierarchy20 structure is very important, and this time the basic memory hierarchy is tightly designed. Although that is an orthodox solution, it makes the foremost feature of this machine's high efficiency."

'20. Memory hierarchy: Structuring computer memory in layers. The human brain has short-term memory for remembering information related to a certain matter currently in progress and long-term memory for long-term storage of information unrelated to immediate circumstances. Likewise, a computer transfers and manages data by layering storage, with the CPU at the top, high-speed low-capacity cache memory serving as short-term memory underneath, followed by low-speed large capacity main storage for managing hardware, and auxiliary storage for managing the OS on the bottom.'

http://iwataasks.nin...iiu/console/0/3

I mean guys, this is like, a month old, more even, He even flat out calls the main memory 'Low speed large capacity'. This was never a dirty secret. Its not a surprise, a system teardown was not required for this information, its right there in the iwata asks, low speed large capacity ram.

What do named devs think who have experience with memory managemnet? Well, chec out not enough shaders Shin en mega interview.

More specifically, we’ve heard rumors about the CPU, that it’s supposedly the weakest link of the system. Word has spread that it’s some sort of Broadway (Wii CPU) but in a three-core configuration and improved. Others have argued that based on its reduced size seen in recent pictures and the overall low consumption of the unit, it is not very powerful. Have you encountered any problems during your development because of this component or is it efficient enough?
We didn’t have such problems. The CPU and GPU are a good match. As said before, today’s hardware has bottlenecks with memory throughput when you don’t care about your coding style and data layout. This is true for any hardware and can’t be only cured by throwing more megahertz and cores on it. Fortunately Nintendo made very wise choices for cache layout, ram latency and ram size to work against these pitfalls. Also Nintendo took care that other components like the Wii U GamePad screen streaming, or the built-in camera don’t put a burden on the CPU or GPU.

http://www.notenough...he-wii-u-power/

All right now folks, remember todays phrase: Memory Heiarchy.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!