39 replies to this topic

#1 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

at least not yet...
my buddy just found this out the hard way.
he purchased nintendoland,mario u,zombi u,and warriors orochi 3.
his system had a boot error and wouldn't load the games.. so he took it back and was lucky enough to get another console.
well here is the kicker upon getting home and trying to download his games on his new system he couldn't even use the same nintendo network id.
seems that everything you buy is tied to your account ,which in turn is tiede to your console.. makes sense right ?, but here is the kicker.. its that console only.. you cant transfer you cant get a new or used system at a later date and retain your purchases.
you have to start all over and loose all the money you just spent.
he has been on the phone and in e-mail contact with over 5 different divisions of nintendo every since and every time he is told sorry that is the way it is.. re-purchase the games again with a new account for the new system and try again... sorry for any inconvenience...!!!
to me this is totally unacceptable.
so stay away from digital right now until nintendo gets this straightened out or else it seems like you are just wasting money if something happens to your system.
Posted Image

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

OMG dude that is ridiculous, lets hope Ninetndo sorts this one out.

#3 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

That's shocking! There's so many things I'm reading that make the Wii U seem so backwards :(

#4 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up I'll wait for the patch and get actual copies until then. I hope they fix soon

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yeah that sucks, I just read the article saying Network ID's are linked to consoles until a future update allows for migration. So if you registered to your main e-mail address and have to replace your system...yeah....they really didn't think this through very well
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 EC1992

EC1992

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, Super Smash Bros

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Wow, that sucks. I'm glad I still prefer actual disk copies instead of digital downloads. I've never been a fan of them.
Playing: NSMBU, Batman: Arkham City, Disney Epic Mickey, & Nintendoland. Black console.
Getting: Skylanders Giants for Wii U, White Vita bundle, Gravity Rush, LBP, Uncharted: Golden Abyss,
& Persona 4: Solid Gold Premium Collector's Edition. Gonna be awesome Christmas :-)

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Ah.
Cant really say nothing about that. Its just the way it works.
and they cant tell if he just wants his games on both systems or not. Now of he would of sent it into nintendo then they would of been able to tranfer all the information.
Same thing happen to me with the ps3. Had a free digital game which was tried toy system serial and user name.
Sorry about his lost but there is really nothing they can do.
And there arent wrong for it either.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I downloaded Sonic & All-Stars Racing everything went perfectly fine for me, except a 6 hour download. :/

#9 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Ah.
and they cant tell if he just wants his games on both systems or not. Now of he would of sent it into nintendo then they would of been able to tranfer all the information.
Same thing happen to me with the ps3. Had a free digital game which was tried toy system serial and user name.

how are they not wrong for it? they should be tied to his account not the console.. psn and xbox live are that way and they are "last gen". totally their fault.

Ah.

and another thing.. if they have the ability to transfer licences to other consoles(which they claim they dont BTW) why cant they do it?they just migrate his network id to the new system?
Posted Image

#10 SILV3RSCORPION

SILV3RSCORPION

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Borderlands , Metroid Prime

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yep Nintendo seriously need to get that sorted. items bought should be bound to your account not a particular console, they should use a system like xbox or PS3.
Posted Image
NNID - SILV3RSC0RPI0N

#11 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Okay, I can see how this would be a problem for downloaders.

Yeah, I'm sticking with retail except for the download only titles like Little Inferno or Mighty switch force HD.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

how are they not wrong for it? they should be tied to his account not the console.. psn and xbox live are that way and they are "last gen". totally their fault.

and another thing.. if they have the ability to transfer licences to other consoles(which they claim they dont BTW) why cant they do it?they just migrate his network id to the new system?

So then if he brought 2 system and use the same id then he would have 2 games for the price of one.
And your saying you can buy a ps3 psn game. Come to my house sign in and download that game and you can play it on my system? (not the daul licesne games).?
I dont really think it would work like that.

Its all tie into the system + account name.
So of ot doesnt match your out of lucky.

And they can tranfer stuff over but they need the old wii u and new wii u. To verify, and tranfer the information in there system.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

They really do not seem to have thought this through at all.

#14 rococod

rococod

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

This is an unfortunate oversight and hopefully they'll rectify it ASAP

#15 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

So then if he brought 2 system and use the same id then he would have 2 games for the price of one.
And your saying you can buy a ps3 psn game. Come to my house sign in and download that game and you can play it on my system? (not the daul licesne games).?
I dont really think it would work like that.

Its all tie into the system + account name.
So of ot doesnt match your out of lucky.

And they can tranfer stuff over but they need the old wii u and new wii u. To verify, and tranfer the information in there system.

no games are linked to 1 console only.. in order for them to play on another console you need to be logged in online to be able to access them .. its not a big deal its been this way with psn and xbox live for over 5 years now..O_o
Posted Image

#16 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

To be honest Nintendo has always been like this on downloads. Even on the DS, 3DS, & Wii to get content you bought to a new system you need a bloody transfer cable. Which is down right stupid if a system fails. This whole lock to one system crap needs to change or I for one will not be buying digital from Nintendo and I am very pro digital. (PC 90% digital, PS Vita 100% digital, PS3 50% digital, Xbox 360 30% digital, & Nintendo Wii/DS 0%).

Preinstalled games are not the same as games linked to your PSN account. Sony has every purchase made tied to on PSN ID which can be activated on multiple console & content can be activated usually on 2 PS3's & 2 handheld devices at once. Which can be deactivated via the device or online via Sony's website. This is all similar to how Microsoft does things as well, at least linking to an account & sometimes having pre-installed content to the HDD. Yet Nintendo still lives in the past on digital.....

#17 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

very bad planning on nintendo's part

#18 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

One of the reasons I'll always buy the actual disc for games that I can.

#19 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

there has to be another way in the future to do that, because they will probably launch a revision of the wii u in the future, how are you going to traspass your account from the old wii u to the new one???

cant you just tell them the info of your old account to make sure that you are the real owner and unlock these games on your new account or something? thats not real hard to do
Posted Image

#20 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hopefully they were purchased with a credit card, then he can at least do a charge back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!