• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Supa64

Supa64

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

So we got confirmed that a Mario Wiiu is in the works and is currently in it's alpha stages.

http://www.wired.com...rio-zelda/all/1

So anyone looking forward to some HD Mario?
Posted Image
Well check this out! HAHAAA!

#2 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

Awesome! It would be great if it was a Yoshi game. :D
Posted Image

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

I can't wait for Super Mario to make its way onto the Wii U. I'd love to see it as a Wii U launch title, but it sounds like it'll be sometime before this game is ready to be released.

#4 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, I have to express my sadness here -I was hoping that the game was well underway, and that it would make launch. I'm not sure why Nintendo doesn't feel it's important to start off their systems with a strong Super Mario game. They just don't seem to be able to plan their resources and teams right.

We got three legit Mario games on Wii, but for some reason neither the Wii nor its successor got one at launch. Meanwhile, the N64 was ready and finalized for a long time and got delayed just so Mario 64 could be completed to accompany it.

Maybe they do it on purpose? I would guess with N64 everybody bought Mario and didn't care about anything else, decimating third party impressions of the platform?

#5 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, I have to express my sadness here -I was hoping that the game was well underway, and that it would make launch. I'm not sure why Nintendo doesn't feel it's important to start off their systems with a strong Super Mario game. They just don't seem to be able to plan their resources and teams right.

We got three legit Mario games on Wii, but for some reason neither the Wii nor its successor got one at launch. Meanwhile, the N64 was ready and finalized for a long time and got delayed just so Mario 64 could be completed to accompany it.

Maybe they do it on purpose? I would guess with N64 everybody bought Mario and didn't care about anything else, decimating third party impressions of the platform?

Exactly. If they released Major 1st party titles then it would overshadow 3rd party support.

1367065580450s.jpg

#6 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Even though I prefer Paper Mario over the 3D Super Mario games, I feel like this is going to be really interesting. I am excited for it, but I have a feeling we'll be waiting ages for it to come out after the Wii U launch.

Posted Image

#7 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

No... no it's wouldn't... the only people who'd buy the console would be from PS3/360, a few casuals and the people who buy at launch because it's Nintendo. If they announced it as a Mario game then revealed it a Yoshi game it would probably loose (more than?) half the customers.

I'm not saying that I don't want a Yoshi game, because I do, but from a logical stand point it would be like, say, a surfer going on the biggest wave, then purposely falling to go on a smaller wave.

#8 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

As much as I would love that, I have to agree with Dementis here. Yoshi has officially had his own franchise separate from Mario's since Yoshi's Story (and arguably, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, which is the point at which the two diverged). When they say they're making a "Super Mario" game, I'm 99% sure they mean a Mario adventure, not a Yoshi one.

#9 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

I hope it's not a Mario Galaxy, something different... how about a game in which you play as Bowser and Mario! That would be awesome and .
Posted Image

#10 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

I hope that Nintendo read my idea

I love Mario games and, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is great but, if they made something in it like Super Mario 64 and, Super Mario Sunshine its better.

it's the first place that you start in the game.

Super Mario 64 in Peach Palace (big and nice)

Super Mario Sunshine in Dolfino Plaza (the best, because you can spend many hours in it collecting stars)

Super Mario Galaxy (good)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Starship Mario (nice but small)

Super Mario Wii U (we want it big ,and better than Super Mario Sunshine)

I want to see your opinions...

#11 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

^ i totally agree with you, actually, i never really liked the SMG games. I dont really know, but it maybe is that it isnt really mario-based.

If i were to decide, i would want a super mario 64 2.

#12 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

I want an open world Mario game, it'd be pretty awesome. The Mushroom Kingdom would be the hub, and while you can walk almost everywhere, there would be a pipe system (Like the sewers and underground in Paper Mario/2) for quick transport. Maybe cannon to be launched in to a cloud level.

#13 MaskMidget

MaskMidget

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros., FUNimation

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

I want to see your opinions...

Posted Image

BTW it's Delfino Plaza :D
Posted Image

This signature contains one word: LOL

#14 mariosunshinerules22

mariosunshinerules22

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

I want a free mario game like mario 64 or sunshine. I miss the old style a lot. I have had enough of linear stuff.

That happens, this will officially become my most anticipated Wii U game!

#15 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

I really want F.L.U.D.D to return.

Edited by Nintendo Kuwait, 04 July 2011 - 06:58 AM.

#16 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Galaxy was the right game for the right platform...the technique of many smaller "planets" allowed them to make a visually stunning game that still had its own new and unique addition to the series (the crazy outer space gravity). But I think it's done and behind us, and that Mario really needs to go back to exploration-based gameplay.

I don't think that a central hub is truly necessary, depending on how they structure the game. A Mario game on next (er...this) gen hardware could easily feature massive, open-world environments that branch out. I would not mind to see them come up with something new beyond the star/shine system also.

I don't know what they will come up with, but I have a really good feeling that I'm going to like whatever new Mario they come up with for U. I think it's going to be different than Galaxy, and with a massive increase in graphics.

edit: I'm content with the FLUDD staying in sunshine, and I don't think I'm alone...good luck Kuwait but no breath-holding!

Edited by Aaron Barton, 04 July 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#17 Nintendo Kuwait

Nintendo Kuwait

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

I hope there will be some levels you can use F.L.U.D.D, or anything like it. I really hope that Mario going to use a tool.

#18 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

I'd like to see new power ups.
Posted Image

#19 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

Super Mario on Wii U should be the epitome of all Super Mario Bros. games. With the dawn of 1080p HD graphics, the world can be larger than ever before, and the textures can be photo-realistic. I do love a traditional cartoony Mario game, but I believe that Super Mario Wii U should be the Twilight Princess of the Mario series. Mario would appear like he did in Brawl, and the Mushroom Kingdom would appear darker than before. I'd also like to see an improvement in water physics so when Mario jumps into a lake, it makes a realistic splash. An open world game like Super Mario Sunshine would be the best way to handle it, but with a bigger world than Delfino Plaza.

Here's an example of how I want the game to be, using my own idea for the game's intro:

Mario is asleep when he suddenly hears a knock at the door. He gets up to find Toadsworth covered in rain water and panting heavily. He explains to Mario that the Koopa Army is attacking Toadstool Castle, and that he is the only hope for them. Mario immediately dashes out into his front yard, where a pipe is seen at the end of it. This area is for Mario to get used to the controls, as he can run around the entire yard, change the camera angle, and even jump onto the roof to find a secret item. The rain pounds on the swaying grass as Mario leaps into the pipe and is spat out in the middle of a war-torn field. This field lies in front of Toadstool Castle, which is about 50 feet away at the moment.

Mario begins to run, but is suddenly met by a wave of Goombas and Koopas charging at him. This is where Mario learns how to attack enemies, similar to how he does in most games. As Mario runs through the long field and finally reaches the castle, a large black beast made of dark matter bursts through the stone walls. In one of its hands is Princess Peach, and in the other hand, surprisingly, is Bowser. Apparently, Bowser was kidnapping the Princess when the monster suddenly appeared through the floor and grabbed them both. The monster is enormous, and it opens a dimensional rift which sucks it inside. The player gains control of Mario again at this time, and is left free to explore the environment (consisting of everywhere he's previously been) before leaping into the portal and beginning the adventure inside this creature's mysterious dimension.
Posted Image

#20 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Super Mario on Wii U should be the epitome of all Super Mario Bros. games. With the dawn of 1080p HD graphics, the world can be larger than ever before, and the textures can be photo-realistic. I do love a traditional cartoony Mario game, but I believe that Super Mario Wii U should be the Twilight Princess of the Mario series. Mario would appear like he did in Brawl, and the Mushroom Kingdom would appear darker than before. I'd also like to see an improvement in water physics so when Mario jumps into a lake, it makes a realistic splash. An open world game like Super Mario Sunshine would be the best way to handle it, but with a bigger world than Delfino Plaza.

Here's an example of how I want the game to be, using my own idea for the game's intro:

Mario is asleep when he suddenly hears a knock at the door. He gets up to find Toadsworth covered in rain water and panting heavily. He explains to Mario that the Koopa Army is attacking Toadstool Castle, and that he is the only hope for them. Mario immediately dashes out into his front yard, where a pipe is seen at the end of it. This area is for Mario to get used to the controls, as he can run around the entire yard, change the camera angle, and even jump onto the roof to find a secret item. The rain pounds on the swaying grass as Mario leaps into the pipe and is spat out in the middle of a war-torn field. This field lies in front of Toadstool Castle, which is about 50 feet away at the moment.

Mario begins to run, but is suddenly met by a wave of Goombas and Koopas charging at him. This is where Mario learns how to attack enemies, similar to how he does in most games. As Mario runs through the long field and finally reaches the castle, a large black beast made of dark matter bursts through the stone walls. In one of its hands is Princess Peach, and in the other hand, surprisingly, is Bowser. Apparently, Bowser was kidnapping the Princess when the monster suddenly appeared through the floor and grabbed them both. The monster is enormous, and it opens a dimensional rift which sucks it inside. The player gains control of Mario again at this time, and is left free to explore the environment (consisting of everywhere he's previously been) before leaping into the portal and beginning the adventure inside this creature's mysterious dimension.

This idea is awesome!
I hope that we will finally get to play a proper multiplayer instead of the co-star mode and then they could even add special co-op levels like one player has the touch screen controller and they have to direct player two through a maze (its too dark for player two to see)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!